The Jedi counsel in this game are just dumb.

Oddzball

@OP

Seeing as how you did ask about who wrote this and it hasnt been answered the writer for the JK story line and everything your character goes through class-story-wise(including LS/DS choices and what they affect) is Drew Karpyshyn. He is the author of the Darth Bane, the Revan books Kotor and a few other Bioware projects. So now you know who is behind it. :cool:

I did ALL the bad things, talked back as much as possible, MURDERED like 5 people before i even left tython.

And I still got to be a Jedi Knight.

Really? That crap would NEVER fly in the lore.

:rolleyes:

No never happen....

Anakin atack of the clones slaughtering an entire village of sand people... and still made jedi knight later on....

I personally like to think that the Jedi believe in the good in any person. At some level, they're convinced that if they just give my psychopath of a Jedi Counselor enough time outs and explanations as to why slaughtering people is bad, that she'll be saved and join the fold.

I can assure that this is not going to happen. But I find it kind of hilarious to think of the Jedi Council as living in this sunshine and rainbows world where everyone eventually makes the right decision given long enough, and that every soul can be saved.

So i made a new character, and set out to be the WORST jedi possible.

I did ALL the bad things, talked back as much as possible, MURDERED like 5 people before i even left tython.

How fun was it to be a bad Jedi?

This is exactly what I plan to do when I roll a JK. :D

Edited by JediElf

How fun was it to be a bad Jedi?

This is exactly what I plan to do when I roll a JK. :D

I think it depends where you draw the line between funny and ridiculous. From what I have seen, you just won't get a believable character. If you want that, you should

either take DS decisions, but always try to justify them,

or be respectless and talk back to the council, but stay mainly LS.

Same goes for Sith: If you play a LS Sith, lie to your master about it and act as if you would respect him. If you always talk back, you should be DS to make him respect your power.

Edited by Maaruin

This boils down to practicality :

1) BW already had to develop, graphically design and act out eight class stories (all with an average of 12 possible responses in every conversation). Having to do 16 is cost and time prohibitive. And don't give me "they only needed to do four more not eight." Because we all know that if the jedis and sith got two distinct stories for choosing LS or DS, those players of the other four classes would demand the same treatment.

2) Further, the 99% of the population who plays this game, does not care about the minute details of lore; they are willing and able to suspend disbelief for the sake of a playable game. catering the miniscule minority who give enough of a d**m to worry about such things is silly.

The DS Jedi and LS sith are most likely not the canon version of the story in the first place, so they for all intents simply don't count.

I definately agree with you on the Republic side. I don't see Lucasarts changing policies there. The Sith stories are more questionable. The LS responses are generally more pragmatic, so I could see it going either way.

OP, I hate to break it to ya, but most, if not all Jedi Councils throughout Star Wars history have been dumb groups of self-righteous hypocrites. I guess it's a hazard of becoming a Jedi Master. They get all important and think "I can do no wrong, since I iz leet naow!"

I think that's because it's not meant to be dark sided.

Smugglers is :p probably the only 1 too. They even give you a choice at the end to decide if you want to continue down the path or "change your ways for the good of the Republic."

But that's probably because Han Solo was a Dark side smuggler for most of the 4th movie.

Jedi Knight... not so much.

You can be a Light side Inquisitor pretty easily same with Bounty Hunter. Even have companions who will support you choices outside of just loyalty points. Ex: Ashara and Mako.

As long as you don't do Side quests. They're so out of character its sad.

I think it depends where you draw the line between funny and ridiculous. From what I have seen, you just won't get a believable character. If you want that, you should

either take DS decisions, but always try to justify them,

or be respectless and talk back to the council, but stay mainly LS.

Same goes for Sith: If you play a LS Sith, lie to your master about it and act as if you would respect him. If you always talk back, you should be DS to make him respect your power.

this is exactly what i did. DS Knight, always respectful and complacent to the council. But his justification was what would provide the greatest win for the republic, or himself, but not hurt those around him.

Such as forcing Tol Braga to be an assassin, instead of killing him

also, it fit perfectly, because when

scourge offered to make my progeny a sith, i accepted - my inquisitor, who was cast into slavery, and life orchestrated to become sith :D

And my Warrior was always back talking baras, but was completely evil.

and currently with my inquisitor, he is light side, but he is completely subservient to Zash and agreeable with anyone who asks something of him.

SECOND. You do not get to be a PADAWAN until AFTER you have a Jedi Knight take you under your wing. So the whole part with the JK where you dont get your Master till AFTER you have arrived at the temple and been doing several missions, is completely bunk.

Finally. Why the hell do I have a training saber. Why did they even put this in the game. You get your saber roughly right after you receive sponsorship from a master to be their padawan. This is around age 13-14. (SGY)

No no no. You did the entire Padawan experience completely wrong. Who is the writer/s for this game again? We need to have a serious discussion.

Isnt it James Ohlen? Seriously James, you should be ashamed.

Ok, I've let out my pain and suffering on how they slaughtered the whole Jedi lore.... feel free to contribute to what you think about the Padawan experience.

The funny part is the Sith apprentice relationship is actually fairly accurate.

read path of the jedi book and you will see that

padawans can have different masters depending on the situation prehaps you old master died

second training sabers have allways been given to padawans

third the title is mearly unlocked after you meet your master but if u notice you are called padawan at the very begining.