Community Q&A: March 2nd 2012

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me, or does that link not work?

edit: Apparently, it was just momentarily not working. Works now.

Edit: Initial reaction. Yep, no SGRA discussion. Biiiig surprise. *sigh*

That said, some decent things discussed. They've also practically confirmed a new tier of gear for game update 1.2, which has been speculated quite a bit around the board lately.

Legacy might actually be something to care about in 1.2? That's useful. Mailbox/GTN would be nice. And I wouldn't call Fleet's "vibrancy" due to the mailbox/gtn stuff... it'll be used plenty enough for Flashpoints, ops, etc.

Edited by Unusualsuspect

Gee, wonder if there were any other possibly popular questions that could have been answered if you guys were short of questions? Nah, I doubt anyone could think of any hot topics that need addressing. :rolleyes:

With the guild summit starting soon I imagine many more questions will be answered.

They never said they WILL answer all questions. They said they will answer questions that the different teams are able to address during the week.

It silly--we hear people crying about a lack of information. Then we get information and they whine that it's not enough.

Proof that people cannot be pleased.

They never said they WILL answer all questions. They said they will answer questions that the different teams are able to address during the week.

It silly--we hear people crying about a lack of information. Then we get information and they whine that it's not enough.

but its not the info THEY want

Im happy with information sure but their were better questions then personal ship mailboxes

So I was excited that Orange gear would be viable. BUT now if you want to min/max you HAVE to have crafting. Can we please let crafters install an augment slot on non crafters armor?

Like how WoW had ebonsteel beltbuckles. This is really a big letdown for me.

only answered 8 questions and ignored yet again.... the biggest question the community has.

When are mergers coming if at all.

The refuse to even acknowledge the server problems lol.

I believe, by percentage of questions put forth to the Q&A thread, that SGRA was the most frequently asked question.

You might have a different rubric, of course...

JediCarve - Will our ships ever get upgraded to include mailboxes and the Galactic Trade Network so that we will be able to access those without having to go through the process of load screens and Orbital Stations/Spaceports?

Damion Schubert (Principal Lead Systems Designer): On one hand, we really like making the ships richer and more useful, and on the other hand, we also want to be sure that the fleets feel like vibrant centers of the game community. So the answer is... Yes! And this feature is coming as soon as Game Update 1.2 ... as ship features you can unlock as part of the Legacy system. Watch for more information about Legacy unlocks coming in Game Update 1.2 - we should be dropping that Real Soon Now.

Well, this is interesting. Can we get an explanation as why it would come through the Legacy System?

spcdog - When will we be able to add people to our Friends List who are not online? The main point of the Friends List is to let you know when friends are online. Right now, I have to already know when friends are online to add them, which kind of defeats the purpose.

Damion Schubert: This is a bug - thanks for calling my attention to it (this issue is somewhat sporadic, so it fell through the cracks). We are getting this into the pipe to get fixed, most likely for Game Update 1.2.

This is good

Arodin - Characters with a neutral or "grey" alignment are at a disadvantage because there are almost no Relics that they can equip until endgame. This forces players to stick with either light side or dark side dialogue options exclusively, limiting freedom and roleplaying. Will Relics be added that can be equipped by neutral-aligned characters, and are there any other plans for neutral gear?

Damion Schubert: Grey alignment is in the pipe - we have a design, and that design includes a plan to make the itemization fair for light, dark, and grey. I do not have an ETA for this feature at this time, but can't wait to announce one.

This is good to know that it is still in the Works

Evilvision - Any chance of getting the ability to lock our camera angle? I probably spend 20% of my time during PvP adjusting this when I should be well.... PvP-ing.

Damion Schubert: The ability to turn off smart camera is in Game Update 1.2 (this is what makes the camera swing behind you when you start to move).

This is good

CaptainJammo - Can you clarify the role of the Accuracy stat? Right now, it seems lackluster and/or unnecessary for many classes, yet it appears on all of their end game gear.

Georg Zoeller (Principal Lead Combat Designer): Accuracy counters your target's ability to defend (dodge, deflect, etc.) against your attacks. You are correct about the accuracy budget on the current end game gear being too generous for most scenarios - unless you are a dedicated tank killer in PvP, you probably do not need as much as you get from Rakata gear at the moment and you should consider swapping out some mods to support your preferred playstyle.

For the upcoming tier of new gear, we have an improved distribution of stats for both PvP and PvE gear.

This is good to know, and I am glad that the Stat Distribution will be improved. But I do wonder if the improved distribution only applies to the new Gear or if it will also be applied to current Gear

Gidoru - In last week’s Q&A, you detailed upcoming changes to the Crafting System with crit crafting orange gear and removing base mods from purple gear. I think that this issue needs some clarification, as what was stated essentially suggests that orange crit crafted gear will always be superior to either PvP or PvE gear. This is because players will be able to simply remove the mods in their PvP or PvE gear and place it in a piece of crit crafted orange gear that will additionally provide extra stats as a result of the augment slot. Is it your intention to make crafted gear superior to gear obtained in other ways?

Emannuel Lusinchi (Technical Design Director): Yes, for Game Update 1.2, this is correct. Crafted gear is, in theory, superior to endgame gear obtained in other ways. However, it is worth pointing out that putting together crit crafted gear, including item modifications, requires more effort, not less. Now, the reason I specifically mention Game Update 1.2 is that we will introduce new mechanics in a future update that, without diminishing the usefulness of crit crafted items, will bring some interesting changes and that’s all I will say about that!

As a Crafter, I have to say:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Because that is very nice to hear that Crafted Stuff will be Viable and not another factor that gets little to no attention.

My responses to some of the Q&A in Lime.

i just want some way to lock camera not just rotation , but the zoom function , eg i play with it zoomed as far away as possible , but when i go near a wall or there is a ceiling it zooms in and stays there , would rather have it zoom right back out

Glad to see a question answered about accuracy, but I wish we could have gotten a more specific answer. For example, how am I supposed to know the difference between a "special" melee/ranged attack (100% base accuracy) and a "basic" melee/ranged attack (90% base accuracy)?

Totally just guessing here, but is "weapon damage" basic? If so, are attacks that mention using the weapon but don't specifically say "weapon damage" basic or special?

Edited by Lymain

spcdog - When will we be able to add people to our Friends List who are not online? The main point of the Friends List is to let you know when friends are online. Right now, I have to already know when friends are online to add them, which kind of defeats the purpose.

Damion Schubert: This is a bug - thanks for calling my attention to it (this issue is somewhat sporadic, so it fell through the cracks). We are getting this into the pipe to get fixed, most likely for Game Update 1.2.

This is good

Good that they're finally addressing it, dumb that it's just finally being addressed, hardly sporadic when it's been present 100% of the time since Beta.

Did your question get answered?

No. Mine neither.

So I was excited that Orange gear would be viable. BUT now if you want to min/max you HAVE to have crafting. Can we please let crafters install an augment slot on non crafters armor?

Like how WoW had ebonsteel beltbuckles. This is really a big letdown for me.

You dont HAVE to have crafting to min/max, but you will have to purchase items off crafters. I fail to see how thats a bad thing personally.

If BioWare isn't saying anything about same sex romances, it could be because:

1. There is no new information available at this time

2. They're maliciously holding information back to enrage paying customers, because that's totally something a for-profit organization does

Basically I should just leave for a month until Update 1.2 and return to check it out. It's like everything people has been asking about and wanting attention spent on is in 1.2. So what happens if 1.2 fails? :p

2. They're maliciously holding information back to enrage paying customers, because that's totally something a for-profit organization does

If they think answering it (truthfully) is going to enrage them more, yeah, I could see that.

well see there were the two missing questions they refuse to talk about lol.

BW addressed this issue already but people just won't accept the answer.

NO SGRA UNTIL THEY BRING OUT NEW COMPANIONS!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't expect new companions for another 6 months.