Please make force leap count towards resolve.

Order-Sixty-Six

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the OP: sure, I'll agree to your request, but only AFTER you give my JKG the ability to root AT RANGE, in addition to my Force Leap root. Otherwise, no.

Also, I'm being perma-stunned and killed all the while having a full Resolve bar...and you're complaining a JK root?? Wow.

-Shaka

Leg Shot?

Leg shot root is physical, all 3 specced healers can remove it

Oh and I forgot, carnage marauder roots aren't dispellable either.

Edited by anwg

Taitsuo: Would you guys consider adding root effects to the Resolve bar? At the moment, 3 well-coordinated Gunslingers could permaroot someone (5secs duration, 15 secs cooldown). With ranked warzones, that could mean a lot…

Austin: Resolve is meant to put a lid on effects that take control away from you, the player. It's meant to limit the effectiveness of chain stuns, sleeps, and knockbacks. However, it is not meant to impact the ranged and melee (kiting and anti-kiting) balance of the game. This was a very deliberate measure taken to separate these two different aspects of control. I won't say that we won't limit the "chainability" of roots in the future, but given the amount of skills and abilities that break and cleanse roots and snares at the moment, it's not something we're very concerned about. Of course, we will be keeping an eye on how ranked warzone teams use the tools they have.

Not sure if i like this, or if they may actually ruin knights/warriors in the process of remoddeling it, however this doesn't seem like anything they will be looking into right away.

Leg shot root is physical, all 3 specced healers can remove it

Oh and I forgot, carnage marauder roots aren't dispellable either.

Weird. Could have sworn that my Sawbones couldn't cleanse leg shot.

• Dev Post
Bioware has already stated that roots will never affect resolve. /thread. If they DID affect resolve, melees would be tremendously overjoyed. You'd be hurting yourself more than them.

The most recent comment regarding roots and their relationship with resolve was in our most recent Q&A. Here's the text, just so everyone has the most recent from us about this topic. As always, your feedback is very helpful, so keep it coming!

Taitsuo: Would you guys consider adding root effects to the Resolve bar? At the moment, 3 well-coordinated Gunslingers could permaroot someone (5secs duration, 15 secs cooldown). With ranked warzones, that could mean a lot…

Austin Peckenpagh (Senior Designer): Resolve is meant to put a lid on effects that take control away from you, the player. It's meant to limit the effectiveness of chain stuns, sleeps, and knockbacks. However, it is not meant to impact the ranged and melee (kiting and anti-kiting) balance of the game. This was a very deliberate measure taken to separate these two different aspects of control. I won't say that we won't limit the "chainability" of roots in the future, but given the amount of skills and abilities that break and cleanse roots and snares at the moment, it's not something we're very concerned about. Of course, we will be keeping an eye on how ranked warzone teams use the tools they have.

• Dev Post
Way to pay attention there, just posted the same thing two posts ahead

I must have been formatting when you posted and submitted! Great minds think alike? Now it will also show up in the dev tracker, so hopefully even more people will have the info :tran_cool:

Edited by AllisonBerryman

This a game where people can turn a base, free, ranged attack into a snare and where every class has multiple stun and cool down effects, knock backs that stun or root, AoE mezes, mezes that can be used by people you can't even see without breaking stealth, and whatever else.

The devs always talk resolve and balance and all that junk, but let me know it simple for you;

In SW:TOR, 100% of the time when involved in a fight in PVP you will have some control effect on you. At best, you will be snared, although a fair bit of time you'll be unable to do anything. It's not a BALANCE problem most of the time, because it's completely out of hand for every class and every team equally

It creates a very unenjoyable PVP game however, mostly due to two things; in a losing game, you will be stunned CONSTNATLY, as the time needed to die, respawn, and run back to the fight is about the same as the time everyone needs to refresh cool-downs on CCs, but only about half the time YOU need to refresh the cool down on your CC breaker. So you get in this endless "run to objective, get mezzed for 6 seconds, then stunned for 6, then knocked back from objective and rooted" chain that can only be broken if you have the power to overwhelm the enemy.

It also leads to cheap deaths, as it only really takes 2 people to keep you stun locked long enough to kill you.

Sadly, this is just the PVP game SW:TOR has decided to go with. It's not a PROBLEM as far as the devs are concerned, it's a design choice.

The most recent comment regarding roots and their relationship with resolve was in our most recent Q&A. Here's the text, just so everyone has the most recent from us about this topic. As always, your feedback is very helpful, so keep it coming!

This quote shows just how out of freaking touch you are...

"it's not something we're very concerned about."

No matter what your metrics are telling you about Resolve, they don't record or track player frustration. THAT is where your resolve system is broken. But, you're not concerned with it huh?! Really?! O M G you're out of touch.

No matter what your metrics are telling you about Resolve, they don't record or track player frustration. THAT is where your resolve system is broken. But, you're not concerned with it huh?! Really?! O M G you're out of touch.

Subjective feelings are subjective.

TuXs, what class/spec are you that you're so annoyed by roots?

Subjective feelings are subjective.

Bull! I wasn't speaking for you. I was speaking for the players I DO know who have quit and/or expressed frustration over the crap ton of CCs in this freaking game. I didn't ask you to agree or not and my statement isn't up for debate or discussion. It's what "I" have observed and been witness to, not 'feelings'. If you've experienced something different, by all means post away.

Bull! I wasn't speaking for you. I was speaking for the players I DO know who have quit and/or expressed frustration over the crap ton of CCs in this freaking game. I didn't ask you to agree or not and my statement isn't up for debate or discussion. It's what "I" have observed and been witness to, not 'feelings'. If you've experienced something different, by all means post away.

Likely, those would be the same people who would quit over damage, over "unfair" character models (I recall the whine-wave in vanilla WoW when the Horde cried that gnomes were too small to click-target, and Allies had an unfair advantage - rage-quits and all). People like this rage on shooter forums, crying that weapon X is OP and is "for noobs" and how frustrating it is, just because they don't want to adjust, learn and adapt - they want to pwn.

I play a Sage and a Commando (haven't maxed her yet though), among other classes, and roots are my number one enemy. Thing is - without roots on me, I'd be practically untouchable as a survival hybrid Sage. A ball-carrier would be unstoppable, and PvP balance would move towards "damage done" vs "damage healed". A flat and uninteresting form of balancing, if you ask me.

You'll be happy to know that there are several MMORPGs that are not SWTOR. If the developers at BW have a vision that conflicts with yours you have the option to voice it. When voiced and dismissed, you have the subsequent option to leave and find a new MMORPG that matches your vision.

FREEDOM!!!

TuXs, what class/spec are you that you're so annoyed by roots?

I play a Commando and a Sent, but the frustration comes from myself, other commando's, Shadows, and Sages mostly...hell dude, I don't know even ONE player who thinks the number of CCs are fine. Maybe they do, but I've never once heard anyone express joy over how many flipping CCs this game has, but I have heard just the opposite, EVERY night it seems. Even the freaking PvE trash mobs CC nowadays. Bioware likes their CC far too much.

You'll be happy to know that there are several MMORPGs that are not SWTOR. If the developers at BW have a vision that conflicts with yours you have the option to voice it. When voiced and dismissed, you have the subsequent option to leave and find a new MMORPG that matches your vision.

FREEDOM!!!

Wait...so for expressing MY frustration with the number of CC's, the best advice you have for me is to quit?!

Wait...so for expressing MY frustration with the number of CC's, the best advice you have for me is to quit?!

No, for expressing your frustration with the number of CCs and being told by BW that the developers don't care about your opinion, the best advice I have for you is to find a game that more closely matches your preferences. Don't think of it as quitting, it's more like transitioning into a new environment that supports your idealized form of electronic entertainment.

I play a Commando and a Sent, but the frustration comes from myself, other commando's, Shadows, and Sages mostly...hell dude, I don't know even ONE player who thinks the number of CCs are fine. Maybe they do, but I've never once heard anyone express joy over how many flipping CCs this game has, but I have heard just the opposite, EVERY night it seems. Even the freaking PvE trash mobs CC nowadays. Bioware likes their CC far too much.

Commando can dispel the majority of roots - only roots they can't remove are sorc/sage (lightning/telekin) knockback + root and madness/balance sorc/sage's 31-pt 2s root ability.

Sentinels can evade all physical attack-based roots (leg shot/charge/saber throw) with saber ward though they're still rootable via sorc/sage knockback root and madness/balance sorc/sage's 31-pt ability's root, if combat specced, they can remove all roots via force camo (hell, even if you're not combat, a force camo will at least last for the duration of the root).

Shadows - dispel them all with shroud (regardless of spec), and force speed (if tank-specced).

Sorc/Sage (dps specs) can dispel two roots (both from other sorc/sages) and if they're heal-specced, they can dispel them all (IIRC).

Edited by SinnedWill

No, for expressing your frustration with the number of CCs and being told by BW that the developers don't care about your opinion, the best advice I have for you is to find a game that more closely matches your preferences. Don't think of it as quitting, it's more like transitioning into a new environment that supports your idealized form of electronic entertainment.

I'll express my frustration as I wish. I'm well within the TOS of these forums when stating that I feel there are far too many CCs. I'm not so sure you are when you tell me to quit though.