Eternity Vault - Ancient Pylons Consoles Bug (Hard)

We also had lots of issues on 8man nightmare tonight, we tried several combinations and are still trying. Our main issue (other than not being able to hit the buttons) is that we are having several waves of the elites spawn immediately (i.e. 5-8 elite mobs at once on both north and south).

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had issues with Pylons tonight, 16 men Normal. Mobs were spawning very fast and 1 shooting 1-2 people (from full health to dead). We called the raid after 5-6 tries and a few members opened bugs, which were closed less than a hour later. Customer Support acknowledged there is an issue with fast spawns with too much damage.

So tired of seeing so much misinformation about this fight. Couple weeks ago when going in for our 2nd clear on Hard Mode for it, we kept having it bug out over and over, after thinking solving wheels close to simultaneously was the answer because that's what worked the previous week on our first clear.

We tried every variation possible and nothing worked until we read to let the south pylon finish first every time. Time between each finishing was irrelevant, didn't matter which direction you were spinning each wheel as you went, and just make sure you're doing optimal number of spins. This prevented the bug of the consoles not being active sometimes when you completed a wheel on each side.

Came to our attention there was one other instance when you could deal with a bug on the fight, this would occur when the final wheel only required one spin. The console would be active but at times when you would hit the console, the wheel wouldn't spin. Easy solution to this, exit area, reset the zone to get a new combo, zone back in and skip a lot of the trash clear and in 5-10 minutes you're done.

Did 8 man normal and Nightmare tonight, one time we had the single turn on the end and exited/reset the zone to get a new wheel combo. Beyond that, seemed exactly the same, worked just fine letting south finish all rotations first...zero issues. We hadn't even seen the 1 spin on 4th wheel the last couple weeks until tonight when we'd already heard about it.

Hope this helps, boils down to do optimal number of turns, whether it's 3L 2L 3L 2L to 2L 2R 2R 2L whatever...just make sure south finishes first and be aware if the last wheel's optimal spin is just 1 turn either direction it has the possibility of bugging out. If so, just exit area and reset the zone. If problems still continue, either people really are just individually experiencing strange bugs that others aren't, or for whatever reason you aren't clicking yours wheels fast enough/right order. I'd like to assume on 8 man at least that no one really has trouble clearing the mobs or hitting the enrage...but reading these forums one can't be sure of this.

The last few weeks we've been doing it like this on hard-mode without any issues.

The colours from left to right are:

Green - Red - Purple - White - Yellow - Blue

So we push whichever direction needs the least number of spins to reach the correct colour, like for example, if you start out at Blue, and you need to reach Red, then you push the right panel twice. Then we also make sure that South completes before even starting North.

If this helps you, good, if not, don't blame me. I don't have some super-secret conspiracy to ruin your day or make you feel bad. But this is what we've been doing.

The last few weeks we've been doing it like this on hard-mode without any issues.

The colours from left to right are:

Green - Red - Purple - White - Yellow - Blue

So we push whichever direction needs the least number of spins to reach the correct colour, like for example, if you start out at Blue, and you need to reach Red, then you push the right panel twice. Then we also make sure that South completes before even starting North.

If this helps you, good, if not, don't blame me. I don't have some super-secret conspiracy to ruin your day or make you feel bad. But this is what we've been doing.

We planned it out and knew exactly how many turns were required to complete each side. Unfortunately, on the fourth wheel, the pylons decided to stop turning no matter how many times we clicked the console.

This was a new and fun bug that didn't get fixed after resetting the instance.

We planned it out and knew exactly how many turns were required to complete each side. Unfortunately, on the fourth wheel, the pylons decided to stop turning no matter how many times we clicked the console.

Read my post directly above the one you quoted. Apparently there is a bug where if you have only one spin on the last wheel, it can bug out and although the consoles are active, the wheel won't turn. Exit area, reset the zone to get a new combo, speeder back skip as much trash as possible and do it again. 5-10 minutes and presto, you're done. (South finishing first as usual of course).

Not a new bug by any stretch. Has happened off and on for 3 weeks and unrelated to the other bugs. Least number of spins with south locking first has worked for us every time unless the last spin was a 1 and then it would sometimes break on the other side.

Has BioWare been informed about this bug? My guild ran EV tonight on HM and it kept bugging out around the 3rd pylon puzzle. We all had to exit area, restart that part of the instance, clear trash, try again (and failed). I'm really getting sick of all these end game problems that prevent us from running Operations.

BIOWARE FIX THIS!

No matter what people say, whether you finished the encounter or not, this fight is bugged.

My guild has finished this fight on both normal and hard modes sever times and it's just a luck of the draw type of thing. We have attempted every strategy mentioned on every forum, and tbh, sometimes you get lucky and it works.

Two mechanics that are reliable are:

1) The ads spawn at a set rate, they are not based on stages.

2) If you take too long the control panels stop working (this is the enrage timer)

other than that. Your best bet is to figure out before hand which platters need to be turned which way in order to minimize the number of times you have to spin them.

Please Bioware, read your forums, acknowledge what people are saying, and respond accordingly.

At the least, we need a Dev to post something in here to at least say that you are looking into the issue.

My guild has finished this fight on both normal and hard modes sever times and it's just a luck of the draw type of thing. We have attempted every strategy mentioned on every forum, and tbh, sometimes you get lucky and it works.

This was true for us as well until we read and started having the south pylon finish first one every rotation. Aside from the bug I mentioned previously with the final wheel only needing one spin, letting south finish first using the optimal number of turns will work. If it isn't, you're doing it wrong somehow.

My guild has successfully killed/solved this without any bugs for the past 4 weeks using the same mechanic. I made a video explaining how and showing how it had to be done in normal mode with a brief explanation in the description for how to do the fight in Hard Mode (only difference being you have to switch 2 people with the clicking every other click). Please watch the video as it should answer your questions. If you have any other questions please let me know. Thanks! :D

Side note...if you want to know any other boss strats please PM me either here or on youtube and I will make a video, post it and link it to you. Have a great one peeps!

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone got any problem where the adds on 16-man HM start re-spawning even though you haven't started solving the puzzle yet ?

we had this on 8-man nightmare. As soon as we engaged the pack guarding the consoles the adds started spawning. Wiped, reset and it was normal again.