PVP post server transfers

Kill_Rain

Premade is a big plus. I can't stand solo Queueing. When I premade I win 80 pct of time. 10 pct of those losses are bad pugs. About 10 pct is outplayed or good imps. If u are having trouble make a group and try to take some of the randomness away. Not guaranteed a win or fun but better chances.

I've been trying to encourage more pubs to premade. It is awesome to get another one with ours. Been hitting general chat a lot lately trying to put the word out.

The pvp is a lot of what u make of it. If u expect to hit 1 Q button and win and have fun u are in for disappointment.

true is that people that didnt have chanse to pvp in the old empty server now start to queue

because

a) now they can jsut long in 1 hour queue and play a couple of match maybe more before it was impossible

b) u end up fighting different people everytime and not always the same premade so people that before was annoyed of fighting vs always the same premade now get a chance to play

i see a lot of new people in PVP not only new because i am in a new server Bergen Colony but even people with valor between 20-50

Lot of people is "trying" pvp now because it's possible to quickly get a match and hope with a little bit of luck to avoid the 2 or 3 permade

Add to this the fact that now there are premade both side so u can be a noob pug but end up in a 4 premade group (where before perhaps was very rare)

and you understand is not the other server that is noob maybe is people from your own server that didnt bother to pvp before and started now because he has the chanse

the crosserver should be divided by valor or "rank" if it will ever start because crosserver will pop ALL the time and noobs should play with noobs till they get better

Everybody appreciates that dead servers made doing anything impossible. For transferees its terrific. The original pop already had a good thing going. Now whether its pvp or pve the groups are sucking. Yes there could be noobs from the original pop but the bad groups began happening right after transfers. whats done is done but from our point of view the game isnt as fun.

Well I totally agree with the OP. PvP now sucks on C. Run. We were one of the better servers as far as pop and those who pvp'ed earned their badges as good/great pvp'ers due to the 6 month history of that server. We learned against some great imp. pvp'ers and we learned together, and geared up together.

Now we have diluted that core grp with so many people that are way, way under geared, who dont have lvl 75 + valor (meaning little time in the 'ring') and who havent grasped the basic strategies that our original server pvp'ers learned way back when thru countless beatings.

Yes, the server merges were necessary-and I also will say its not the fault of those transfers-I totally understand the lack of a pop. had most everything to do with the given situation but regardless of what caused it-it IS evident in a very obvious way. I dont really care about wins or losses, but seeing the absolute basic mistakes being made over and over blows. Yeah you can scream make a pre-made and you'd be right, it is now a must in order for me to continue pvp'ing but frankly pre-mades are practically a given to win and thats not a fair fight imo when one side can communicate 10x easier than the other which after a while grows extremely old knowing you can whipe the floor against 90% of the teams faced.

Say what you want-but I know for a fact I am not alone in this train of thought on Corellian Run. Frankly, Im not in the mood to go thru what we went thru in the first months of the game and thats exactly what it is - 5 steps backwards.

On my new server it would be a great time to be a healer because nobody will ever try to kill you....EVER!

It's funny you mention this because every time I look at my teammates they completely disregard the best possible kill targets such as healers, commandos, and other DPS and go straight for the tank classes. Don't ask me why but it happens every game I'm in.

The crappy thing is I only see maybe 25 pct of players in augmented war hero. The majority of people are in standard Bm or so with nothing augmented. Anyone else notice this on there server. Edited by Pizzel

Higher populations tend to close the gap between low level brackets and endgame, in terms of player skill. The most dedicated players will get drowned out by the sheer numbers of people are who new or only seek short term goals. They'll lack gear, they lack the knowledge of dealing with players over NPCs, they may even be unwilling to learn, or worse again want to be carried to the end.

That's the nature of online gaming for you. Rogue Moons teams normally sported more well known veterans than the new meat per match. It's a shame but the greater frequency of matches makes transfers worth it in my eyes. As long as you arn't losing so much that you're missing out on your weekly.

you gotta remember, a lot of the people transferred have probably not been playing pvp to the best of their ability for a while. they've been casually playing(not all of them, but probably the majority) or havent been playing at all since the more casual players dont want to wait in queue for 20-60 minutes.

now that queue pops are crazy fast. they'll queue up for the quick xp or trying to do the daily and this is the result.

The crappy thing is I only see maybe 25 pct of players in augmented war hero. The majority of people are in standard Bm or so with nothing augmented. Anyone else notice this on there server.

this is what im seeing on the fatman as well. but at least for this server I think it's because of so many re-rollers that they're still gearing up and augmented gear is last after they get fully decked out and optimized their WH gear.

Edited by FourTwent

LOL. What a joke......

You seriously think that PvP'rs from destination servers are better than the ones from origin servers? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAH!

It's all the same, just more of it at once. Get over yourselves, you sound stupid saying you're better because you were there first. :rolleyes:

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

On my new server it would be a great time to be a healer because nobody will ever try to kill you....EVER!

Quoted for truth!

Even when they are marked I have to constantly remind people to focus on the healer first.

Anyone else think that the server transfers destroyed pvp WZs? I play imperial on Drooga's Pleasure Barge and its gotten so bad that i won't even pvp anymore. Am i alone or has anyone else seen this?

No. Server transfers were a SMASH hit on my server (Prophesy of the Five). We went from one to three PvP pops a night to nonstop PvP matches. Sure you get the occasional poor PUG but so what. I'll trade getting owned with my team of noobs to window shopping on the fleet with WZ comms I don't have any day. And PUGs are PUGs. I've gotten some superb ones too.

So, no, far from it: Server transfers *saved* PvP.

Anyone else think that the server transfers destroyed pvp WZs? I play imperial on Drooga's Pleasure Barge and its gotten so bad that i won't even pvp anymore. Am i alone or has anyone else seen this?

Have you thought because the pool of player sis larger there are far more less skilled players just because of shear numbers? If 80% of the pop is bad and you had 2k people xfer who pvp .... well do the math. I personally am enjoying it as it means I have a much larger pool to destroy. I haven't had as many 6k Smashes since pre surge nerf.

I agree with the op.

WZs are bad after the mergers.

On my old server (Darth Sion), most regular pvp'ers were WH level, properly equipped and played for objective. We got wz pops from 12 noon to midnight everyday. Even as a pug, you would almost always end up on a decent team with competent players.

Now, I see ZERO expertise people in almost every warzone and the mindless brawling, dueling and medal farming that we all know and love from 10-49, has creeped back into level 50 wzs.

One can only hope that it will get better over time...