Wait slicing was NERFED?!?! I just got it

Tierdal

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe it was nerfed. People just aren't realizing WHY they're seeing reduced yields as they level. Understand the system, use it effectively and it's quite lucrative.

Today, I queue up 3 crew members to do some slicing and they return with nearly 10k credits.

Also: Slicing is not broken and does not need a nerf. People see large numbers but have no idea what they mean. 100,000 credits isn't a lot. It's about the equivalent of 10g on...that other game.

I don't believe it was nerfed. People just aren't realizing WHY they're seeing reduced yields as they level. Understand the system, use it effectively and it's quite lucrative.

Today, I queue up 3 crew members to do some slicing and they return with nearly 10k credits.

Also: Slicing is not broken and does not need a nerf. People see large numbers but have no idea what they mean. 100,000 credits isn't a lot. It's about the equivalent of 10g on...that other game.

its def not 10 gold dude

maybe 1000 gold

1 gold = 100 silver

1 silver = 100 copper

1 gold = 10,000 copper

It's impossible to exactly compare the two monetary systems, but roughly credits are coppers imo.

100,000 credits is not a lot of money. You'll know this when you're around level 40 and trying to buy skill upgrades. Ouch.

1 gold = 100 silver

1 silver = 100 copper

1 gold = 10,000 copper

It's impossible to exactly compare the two monetary systems, but roughly credits are coppers imo.

100,000 credits is not a lot of money. You'll know this when you're around level 40 and trying to buy skill upgrades. Ouch.

Still aggravating to spend almost as much sending them on a mission as you make from it.

I keep hearing people saying that "Slicing is not broken".

Mostly from people using slicing.

All I can say is that as a Biochem with Bioanalysis and Diplomacy, there is no such thing as turning a profit while trying to level the Crew Skills.

In order to save money for my speeder bike, I've had to stop doing Crew Skills altogether.

So yeah, I'd say that something is broken.

All I can say is that as a Biochem with Bioanalysis and Diplomacy, there is no such thing as turning a profit while trying to level the Crew Skills.

In order to save money for my speeder bike, I've had to stop doing Crew Skills altogether.

Yeah, I agree something is broken - but I don't think it's necessarily slicing. The credits it adds to the economy are a good thing; The rate they are added is a bit off; But I think the bigger problem is how the wealth is distributed across the other crew skills.... everyone points at slicing as the problem, but I think it's the whole system.

A better trade system would go a long way toward making the crafting skills more profitable. As it stands now people just can't be bothered to go purchase things from the market, but as has been pointed out elsewhere, slicing is "self correcting" because the market will adjust to the influx of credits, but you can ask for any price you like for crafted goods or items.

If you were using the money from Slicing to buy mats from the Bioanalysis or Diplomacy (you wouldn't have one of them instead) to level your Biochem, you wouldn't be making money either.

You're not broke because you don't have slicing. You're broke because you're leveling a trade skill.

If you Sell a few of those specialty items, you'll start turning your profits. just like just gathering in the other game.. mats make money.

This is wrong. Noone ever wants to buy green stuff. It costs a small amount of money to get blue stuff. Some people want blue stuff, but it's a lot of trouble for not much profit. Then you have to spend butloads of money to get purple stuff. And then you can sell that at a moderate profit.

In the meantime, slicing has been generating money in the background, no player intervention needed.

First of all, I have never been in a game yet that it is profitable to craft prior to reaching high levels. The pay off on crafting is and has always been that once you master it, your raking in the credits and I don't see TOR being any different.

Slicing is like Mining was in that other game. It allows a non-crafter to make money that over time somewhat comparable to what I crafter can make. Toward the high end, it won't be near as profitable as crafting but it is a steady income.

The only benefit of slicing is that early level characters have a easier go of things moneywise. It will balance out eventually.

Lastly, another point people don't seem to be understanding is that the game doesn't have a stable economy yet so there is nothing to ruin. Also another point is that while 100k credits now may seem like alot in 6 months, you might not be able to buy level 35 gear for less than 100k credits an item. Basically like any other economy, it will adjust to the available cash flow. It migh be such that a blue 50th level item will sell for 1 million credits at some point. This isn't broke however, it will just be the market price.

Seems Fine to me

Those doing other Crew Skills will see a return in the long run when they can put their high end craftables on the GTN for crazy prices because some slicer out there will throw credits at it.

Slicers can still craft. Not sure why people are saying this. I've been levelling my crafting stupid fast with slicing alongside it.

Slicers can still craft. Not sure why people are saying this. I've been levelling my crafting stupid fast with slicing alongside it.

Slicers are also a source of augments too, so they can still contribute to gear progression, as well as put augments on the GTN for money.

Has No one realised, that Crafting is Focused around the Two other Proffesions? Mainly the gathering for the basic mats you need for normal leveling of crafts and then a Mission skill that fits your crafting for the rare pieces needed for blues and epic..

People that Pick up Slicing instead of a mission skill still needs to buy the blue parts on Ah (wich the community you play in decides the prices) for the items necessary for the rare/epic Schematics you want to produce at high lvls.. I'm not saying your not getting an advantage at the early levels on your credits with slicing..

But i believe it evens out at the late game with your crafting.. If your just in it for the money you Can't really complaine on your crafting skill, it's not made for credits profit anyways.. It's there to bolster your gear and potential at the later leveles.