[HEROIC 4] The Shroud's Last Stand. Needs a Nerf!

My wife and I got lucky and happened to find to other players, DPS, to join us... I have to say, that boss fight is hard, we wiped several times...

I love the missions, but I do agree, its a bad spot for a H4.... One of the guys was a GM of a guild that does lots of Raids, he said, its may be the hardest boss fight of any in his opinion.

Because of the location of this H4 and it can only be done with people in that stage of the story, I see this as a mission series many will never complete, either out of frustration or they simply cant find others to play with.

Edited by Themanthatisi

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Needs to be nerfd.. Finding a group is almost impossible, and then when you get to the last boss and you wipe everyone quits and you have to look for another group for the next 2-4 days with absolutely 0 whispers..

It's bull crap.. it should be nerfd so it can be 2 manned

All I see is QQ.

Join a guild, stop trying to pug everything.

You choose to not be in one, therefore you're limiting yourself.. and then you want them to change it because YOU are too lazy to be in a guild.

All I see is QQ.

Join a guild, stop trying to pug everything.

You choose to not be in one, therefore you're limiting yourself.. and then you want them to change it because YOU are too lazy to be in a guild.

A guild would not help my wife and I nor the 2 other people from another guild....

The guild I am in, no one got to that part, so no one could help. The other 2 players, from a larger guild, including the GM, also had no others in the guild that was at that point. It was by luck we met up at the same point.... However, finding people to group with, should not rely on luck.

This is not a typical H4 and its not repeatable and it can only have players that actually are at that point.... He is not being lazy, he has a VALID POINT!

Edited by Themanthatisi

the last boss is a pain if people don't know what their doing

i had several wipes caused because people weren't going back to their panels and once that starts happening its game over

several wipes due to a commando dps not realizing the healer is down and maybe they should revive that healer instead of throwing out heals as a dps

i finally got basically a full guild group except a dps and did the boss one try

very fun quest line hope they give us more of these the game needs to be challenging we don't need a lost island nerf

This is not a typical H4 and its not repeatable and it can only have players that actually are at that point....

The highlighted part is absolutely 100% false.

My first time doing this was with 2 people that had the quest, and 2 that didn't.

2nd time, I was the only one on the quest.

As long as 1 person has the quest, all they need is 3 other players.

The highlighted part is absolutely 100% false.

My first time doing this was with 2 people that had the quest, and 2 that didn't.

2nd time, I was the only one on the quest.

As long as 1 person has the quest, all they need is 3 other players.

Interesting, if you telling the truth, yet on the previous H4, All The Pieces/Dark Design, you have to have people exactly at that point... That I know as a FACT!

So, even if you can do Last Stand, you can't do All The Pieces/Dark Design... They will get to the platform and told " You are not eligible for this conversation". Oh, the other 2 guys that we joined up with, also tried to get their guild mates to help, they had the same result... If you know a trick I do not, please let us know.

All players must be at that point, you cant even be too far into it, like we all were, at the boss fight when they spammed for help, we had to reset the mission to complete that boss fight as a 4 man team.... That is just stupid or its bugged.

Yeah, my guild was not able to help out, so being in one, for these H4's, has no positive outcome, even though they did try to help.

The OP is still right... :p

Edited by Themanthatisi

I went into this quest after reading some of the horror stories and was able to finish it once.....after a few wipes and better communication. While not overly difficult, there are some improvements/changes that I'd like to see.

-This quest needs to be repeatable. The more people its open to, the more likely it will be to complete as the content gets older.

-The reward for such a long chain is not that great. At the very least if it was repeatable and an entire set of armor (one piece per completion) was available it might be worth it. As it stands I doubt I'd repeat this on the rest of my alts.

-There really needs to be priority transports on the planets involved for this and the seeker quests. Also, the order of both chains needs to be reworked a bit as you find yourself repeating planets you've already been to in one chain or the other.

-Add this and the seeker heroic to group finder? Just a thought. The only reason I wound up doing this was because someone was asking for a DPS in gen chat on fleet. The "healer" wasn't specced for heals but we had enough DPS to get through it with me taking lead after reading a guide on it.

This isn't a quest I'd go into purely as a pug unless you knew you had the confidence to communicate with the rest of the group. Again, not overly difficult but I can see where the patience would wear thin in a pug. I wish I remembered the names of everyone who did it with me the one time as they showed the utmost determination to finish it and listen to me.

Interesting, if you telling the truth, yet on the previous H4, All The Pieces/Dark Design, you have to have people exactly at that point... That I know as a FACT!

So, even if you can do Last Stand, you can't do All The Pieces/Dark Design... They will get to the platform and told " You are not eligible for this conversation". Oh, the other 2 guys that we joined up with, also tried to get their guild mates to help, they had the same result... If you know a trick I do not, please let us know.

I think it is buggy or has been patched.

When I first tried to do "All The Pieces" on my main (2 weeks ago), I asked various guildies for help. Some had fully completed the quest chain; some hadn't started. All of them got the "not eligible" message at the platform. I then completed it after waiting for another guildies to get up to the same step.

Now on my alt, I was able to solo completed "All The Pieces" (yes a dps merc with mako can kite, heal and interrupt). Yesterday I met someone at Ilum to finish the seeker droid quest; he happened to be at the "All The Pieces" step; so I offered to help (hoping to find 2 more people to do Shroud's Last Stand after). To my surprise, I was able to get pass the platform. I got the "not eligible" message when I clicked; but then I got the "spectator mode" cut scene.

Edited by Banegio

This is a great 4 Heroic , if u group with a bunch of babies to bad its part of the game . I was able to do it in 3 tries with a lvl 48 healer . This was a awesome heroic just like the Macrobinocular one . Keep them coming BW , AWESOME JOB on both 4 Heroics !!!!!

I think it is buggy or has been patched.

When I first tried to do "All The Pieces" on my main (2 weeks ago), I asked various guildies for help. Some had fully completed the quest chain; some hadn't started. All of them got the "not eligible" message at the platform. I then completed it after waiting for another guildies to get up to the same step.

Now on my alt, I was able to solo completed "All The Pieces" (yes a dps merc with mako can kite, heal and interrupt). Yesterday I met someone at Ilum to finish the seeker droid quest; he happened to be at the "All The Pieces" step; so I offered to help (hoping to find 2 more people to do Shroud's Last Stand after). To my surprise, I was able to get pass the platform. I got the "not eligible" message when I clicked; but then I got the "spectator mode" cut scene.

Maybe it is bugged, works sometimes, not others. My experience with the area happened this past Saturday.... The only way to get past it was for all 4 of us to reset the mission, which is not horrible, takes maybe 10 min to re scan the 3 locations. I know some of the members in the guild I am in will want my help, so if I can help, it would be nice. The other 2 guys we did this with are in a much larger guild and one is the GM, so he was super disappointed thinking he will not be able to help his members.

You soloed that boss fight? I do not think I would even try that, I would still want my healer (my wife).... :)

This is a great 4 Heroic , if u group with a bunch of babies to bad its part of the game . I was able to do it in 3 tries with a lvl 48 healer . This was a awesome heroic just like the Macrobinocular one . Keep them coming BW , AWESOME JOB on both 4 Heroics !!!!!

How did you do it with a 48 healer , sense you can't even start the missions till 52 ?

OR

you all bought in a 48 healers with some 52 + .. if we are talking about the Seeker druid stuff .

which the amount of DMG the thrash does , a 55 24k tank was having issue tanking it when I did it .

Edited by tanktest

I went into this quest after reading some of the horror stories and was able to finish it once.....after a few wipes and better communication. While not overly difficult, there are some improvements/changes that I'd like to see.

-This quest needs to be repeatable. The more people its open to, the more likely it will be to complete as the content gets older.

-The reward for such a long chain is not that great. At the very least if it was repeatable and an entire set of armor (one piece per completion) was available it might be worth it. As it stands I doubt I'd repeat this on the rest of my alts.

-There really needs to be priority transports on the planets involved for this and the seeker quests. Also, the order of both chains needs to be reworked a bit as you find yourself repeating planets you've already been to in one chain or the other.

-Add this and the seeker heroic to group finder? Just a thought. The only reason I wound up doing this was because someone was asking for a DPS in gen chat on fleet. The "healer" wasn't specced for heals but we had enough DPS to get through it with me taking lead after reading a guide on it.

This isn't a quest I'd go into purely as a pug unless you knew you had the confidence to communicate with the rest of the group. Again, not overly difficult but I can see where the patience would wear thin in a pug. I wish I remembered the names of everyone who did it with me the one time as they showed the utmost determination to finish it and listen to me.

The Reward wasn't worth the time spent doing it but I did it, not for the reward, it was a lot of fun .

IF I did it for the end reward I don't think I would have even bored with it .

How did you do it with a 48 healer , sense you can't even start the missions till 52 ?

OR

you all bought in a 48 healers with some 52 + .. if we are talking about the Seeker druid stuff .

which the amount of DMG the thrash does , a 55 24k tank was having issue tanking it when I did it .

only 1 person needs the quest for a group to run it.

and obviously only those with the quest will get the reward.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I feel like Bioware really screwed me over here. I spent countless hours going from planet to planet and was really engaged in the little story and puzzles only to have an H4 thrown at me out of the blue? I had unsubscribed about a week earlier and this quest line had me about to resubscribe for another month or two at least because I was having fun again.

Regardless of whether I can find a team or not (not, fyi), of if the mission is fun or not (idk, haven't been able to run it) you simply cannot tack an H4 on to the end of an extremely long solo chain of missions. You just wasted hours of my time. I understand time sinks in MMO's, but this one lost you a customer. :confused:

yeah how dare bioware make a quest that has you group up with others to complete in this MMO...I mean its not like mmo means massive mulitplayer online or anything...its not like they expect there to be a large pool of players that can work together to accomplish something...I mean its not like you didnt know this already though right? I mean it isnt labeled as a single player game...funny aint it?

yeah how dare bioware make a quest that has you group up with others to complete in this MMO...I mean its not like mmo means massive mulitplayer online or anything...its not like they expect there to be a large pool of players that can work together to accomplish something...I mean its not like you didnt know this already though right? I mean it isnt labeled as a single player game...funny aint it?

This is the oldest, dumbest argument in the book. :(

Funny how some people always want to blame others for their own actions.

You... YOU wasted your own time.

YOU!

Semantics. :rolleyes:

I used my time on something that turned out to be a waste, which the company could have easily avoided by having the initial contact tell me that after hours of questing, I'll need to try and form a group of 4 that nobody is really willing to do, especially when my playing time is limited to 30-45 minutes.

Semantics. :rolleyes:

I used my time on something that turned out to be a waste, which the company could have easily avoided by having the initial contact tell me that after hours of questing, I'll need to try and form a group of 4 that nobody is really willing to do, especially when my playing time is limited to 30-45 minutes.

No it's not semantics.

And it's also not that hard to find 3 other people to help you with that Heroic.

They don't even have to have the friggin quest!

If you can't find 3 people....join a guild.

This is an MMO,not a single player rpg.

I have done this mission 3 times so far on my sawbones, twice with guild members and once because a person that I had done a random HMFP with months ago and happened to put on my friends list whispered me that they needed a healer. Getting a group isn’t that difficult and people do not have to be on the mission to help. The funniest part is, while I have finished the Seeker Droid Missions, I haven’t gotten past Belsavis with the Macrobinocular quests. I have just done the heroic to help others out. One day I plan on finishing the line and if I can’t find a group, I plan to ask guildmates and friends, if they will not come willingly I will threaten them with not healing them next time we are grouped together. :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...