Premades, FUN TIME!

saremun

Hi everyone!

I play pvp solo 99% of my pvp time and the freaking Premades are ruining the fun in pvp by wining every single WZ until it reach the time when people don't queue up and we wait like 40 min to get one dame War zone going, i think its time BW find a solution for the problem, we dont have a REAL open world pvp and we cant get our pvp gears in any other way, i hate losing all the time but when i queue i don't really have the choice to be with fools who have no idea or don't even care about wining.

lower the group requirements for Ranked WZs to 4 man group and make it a different queue so we don't get the dame premades against Solos, in this way people will stop farming the WZ by wining against Solos.

BW FIX THE DAME PVP!

First off:

Damn*

Second:

This is a well known issue. And I would guess this is the 65777th thread about this today. But yeah I agree with you. But in all honesty come on... it can't be all premades...you have to win sometimes...

since yesterday not a single win otherwise i wouldn't even write this thread.

Hi everyone!

I play pvp Premade 99% of my pvp time and the freaking PUGS are ruining the fun in pvp by losing every single WZ until it reach the time when people don't queue up and we wait like 40 min to get one dame War zone going

you're right this thread IS fun time

Edited by Arlanon

since yesterday not a single win otherwise i wouldn't even write this thread.

I can't speak for you, since we're probably not on the same server. But my advice is join a guild, get on TS/Vent/Mumble/Raidcall, and give them a taste of their own medicine, i.e get in a premade.

The other solution is stop sucking.

I solo que on Tuesdays and finish my Weekly before noon.

I am the PREMADE OF ONE. I RUIN YOUR WZ

Guns don't kill people... I do!

Premades don't ruin warzones... I do!

damn straight yo

Edited by Arlanon

The other solution is stop sucking.

I solo que on Tuesdays and finish my Weekly before noon.

I am the PREMADE OF ONE. I RUIN YOUR WZ

Premades don't ruin warzones... I do!

damn straight yo

meh, easy for you to say :).

as for some who say join another guild, well i like my guild and we do almost everything except PVP so iam kinda the only one who PVP a lot.

one thing worked with me though, if i enter a WZ and the people with me kinda suck i wait 5 minutes before i queue for the next WZ but it doesn't really work anymore. kinda Premades in every group now cause less people and less are in the queue.

This is funny, all the crying. There's nothing wrong with premades, we have an option to queue with four people, so we're going to take it. In my guild, we do premades all day long with vent up. Needless to say we win games.

So, you have just as much of an opportunity to run a premade as we do. Stop crying already and just stop being bad.

Take this analogy for example:

You enter a drag race. N2O is allowed but you decide not to use it. You get beaten by someone who used N2O, and then complain that they used N2O and you didn't even though both parties could have.

Where is the logic here?

meh, easy for you to say :).

It is easy. Warzones have a learning curve, it is not insurmountable but most people just refuse to accept that they have anything to learn at all. PvE teaches players that they are gods; when they get into pvp and find out they still have a long way to go, it bruises their egos.

I had a Hypergate match just last week. I noticed we had one pylon defender and he was standing right on top of the node. All I said in ops chat was "if you are the only defender, don't stand right on top of it. you will get sapped n capped."

You know what he did? Instead of moving off the pylon, he LEFT THE WZ. But just as often, when giving pointers to other players, they get hostile and start ranting about how I am insulting them or some other nonsense.

You can't teach these people anything because THEY DO NOT WANT TO LEARN.

Don't listen to these whiners. Learn to improve yourself, your character, your perspective on matches, how dynamic and everchanging conditions can change the way you approach the game midmatch. There are so many factors that go into a successful game that an entire book could be written about it. A lot of it is common sense. Another large part of it is having a positive mentality.

Don't give in to whiners and their warzone anger. This is the true Dark Side of Star Wars.

Also, pugs do more to ruin warzones than premades have ever done. Since they are all solo, they typically don't care about anyone other than themselves. Pugs are almost never tanks (and never talented ones), almost never healers, and pretty much always bad dps. The only time I can get a pug to go offnode at the start of the match is when I use Rescue on my sage to pull them there. I don't particularly heal or tank in warzones because I enjoy it, I do it because it's necessary to win. If pugs actually cared about providing a proper group comp, maybe your experience wouldn't be so bad.

I almost always pug and I probably win around half of mine and I seem to do about as well if I'm in a premade or fighting against one. Sometimes I'll win the two matches to finish the daily 2 or 3 days in a row, and sometimes I'll loose them all for that long. Normally I got a mix of wins and looses. You're likely just having bad luck.

I had a Hypergate match just last week. I noticed we had one pylon defender and he was standing right on top of the node. All I said in ops chat was "if you are the only defender, don't stand right on top of it. you will get sapped n capped."

heh, wish someone would have yelled at me for doing that. Only figured it out about a week ago or so.

Edited by Evil_Me

This is funny, all the crying. There's nothing wrong with premades, we have an option to queue with four people, so we're going to take it. In my guild, we do premades all day long with vent up. Needless to say we win games.

So, you have just as much of an opportunity to run a premade as we do. Stop crying already and just stop being bad.

You enter a drag race. N2O is allowed but you decide not to use it. You get beaten by someone who used N2O, and then complain that they used N2O and you didn't even though both parties could have.

Where is the logic here?

dont freaking tell me about WZ and pvp etc, i have been playing since release but iam not a HARDCORE who take PVP as job, i want to enjoy not get face rolled by Premades over and over, good for you that you have a guild which you can PVP with and enjoy your time by wining with your Premades but there are other freaking players who take the PVP as a change from the boring grind in PVE, the only reason i find with someone pretending that there is no issue is that he has it good and dont care about the others.

i have been playing a lot to get my dame WH set but others who just got 50 and play recruit cant do **** against me so do i just pretend to be Awesome cause i can kill them? that is what is happening with the dame Premades.

if you think you have a great team and you are so dame good then you should stand against others who equal you not just freaking Solo players, its All the fault of dame Bioware who with every change just dump the PVP over and over.

I agree with the OP, I do like to que solo but my guild also runs Premades. trust me we would rather be doing ranked all day long but who wants to sit in que for 2 + hours waiting for the que to drop? Steam rolling pugs is rediculously easy and no fun, we are already fully geared so we dont need the comms. but ..... most of the pug players do so Premades are inadvertently holding back those that need the gear. ( We have no consecutive Ranked ques due to no cross server PVP que ) I / We do not want to loiter in the fleet waiting excessivly long for a rated que to pop.

What BW needs to do to make every body happy is this:

1. make a cross server pvp que.

2. seperate the solo que's from the group que's.

3. set group ques of 4 to be matched with another group of 4 to make teams of 8 and send them to the ranked que.

4. set the que for anything 3 or less to be sent to the solo que so people can still group up with friends and group up for pvp.

5. assuming BW implements 1. make the solo que system more roll friendly such as dont put 8 mercs in one group or all tanks in one group ect, make it more ballanced.

Where is the logic here?

not a good analogy but I take your point

Tal'rindar has the best opinion so far.

Solution to your whining: get your OWN premade? Your guild does almost everything except PVP... CHANGE GUILDS??????

"But I like them" - then don't whine about pvp, and do more pve?

"But I'm in recruit gear" I myself had top of leaderboards quite a few times with many witnesses.. about 300k damage with full recruit, without being rigged games where someone fights in mid 24/7. It's about the skill and how you know your class.

As Tal said, pve teaches you you're pro, and in pvp you aren't one unless you are WILLING TO LEARN.

I had someone leave a warzone because he left the pylon in hypergate and I told him he should stay and defend or else he'd make us lose.. He raged and left. PVE player?

Where is the logic here?

The logic is simple to become the very part of the problem he is trying to solve

I rarely run into premades really outside of rated.. So... I'm sorry?

Really? 90% of the time i queue on the red eclipse server, its premades i am up against..facerolling people.. in low and high lvl pvp.. Spamming stun grenades and bubble stun ftw

Since my guild is mostly hardcore PVE, I que solo in PVP about 90% of the time. But I actually win a lot, to be quite frank. Of course you will sometimes get a group of mostly recruit geared people, get lag spikes, CTDs or whatever and you loose/rank low in the WZ but it happens. It's the luck of the draw. I roll with the punches, accept the bad wz, get my coms and move on. Normally after a loss or two I get a win or even a streak of wins. So there's hope as a solo PVPer.

And I do get premades on my side fairly often.

Edited by Radzkie

Also, pugs do more to ruin warzones than premades have ever done. Since they are all solo, they typically don't care about anyone other than themselves. Pugs are almost never tanks (and never talented ones), almost never healers, and pretty much always bad dps. The only time I can get a pug to go offnode at the start of the match is when I use Rescue on my sage to pull them there. I don't particularly heal or tank in warzones because I enjoy it, I do it because it's necessary to win. If pugs actually cared about providing a proper group comp, maybe your experience wouldn't be so bad.

I would like to add to this, that they also display "Tunnel Vision " meaning that once they start attacking a target, they seem reluctant or even flat out unwilling to change to another target. In some cases, they may even be completely UNAWARE of what else is going on around them.

A good example would be when you have 5 defenders at a node, and 2 attackers. 1 of the attackers distracts the 5 defenders, and the other attacker SUCCESSFULLY CAPS THE NODE! We've all seen it happen! WHY does it happen? Those 5 defenders had "Tunnel Vision "! Once they started attacking the first guy, the second guy could do whatever he wanted: Take out a healer, plant a bomb, run the Huttball, etc.

The 5 defenders here can improve in several ways:

1 - ZOOM OUT. A lot of players like to zoom in close to their character so they can get a ***** over how cool they think they look. This reduces their situational awareness to ZERO. They have no idea what the other guy is doing because they don't even see him. They probably don't even know he is there.

2 - Rotate mouse to always be looking at the objective. It's not hard to left click your camera around to face the node even when your toon is facing away from it. Anyone who doesn't do this is not a good defender.

3 - Constantly analyze the situation (as per point 1) and attack the highest threat target. "Threat" has many facets. It could be the guy trying to set you up the bomb. It could be the strongest healer. It could be the strongest DPS. It could be the tank guarding the healer. It could be the guy running the Huttball. It could be the guy waiting for him to pass/jump to. It could be the stealth running across to the other door that NO ONE is defending. (Tip: Don't wait for him to cap the door and then say you didn't know he was there. Check your minimap. If you have no defenders on that side, HE IS THERE).

Part of the issue is people take PvP personally. They think they have something to prove to everyone. Once they start attacking someone, the longer it takes to kill them, the more frustrated they become, and it becomes an obsession to down the guy. This is one of the key ingredients in objective-based failure, and it happens way too often.

Edited by Arlanon

Hi everyone!

I play pvp Premade 99% of my pvp time and the freaking PUGS are ruining the fun in pvp by losing every single WZ until it reach the time when people don't queue up and we wait like 40 min to get one dame War zone going

you're right this thread IS fun time

Oh, really? Make friends, go play Ranked without any pugs and wins! :o

Oh wait...

I disagree.

They make it challenging, if you cannot win maybe its something closer to home you need to address? We all know a better match making system is needed but pre-mades shouldn't be ruled out of PVP:WZ all together.

I would like some real world open PVP though. Planets your server has to fight to control would be nice. Say Tatooine for example. If your side does not hold control then you can't quest their. Maybe they can have that as an installment later on. A couple of new planets with PVP & PVE rewards that Rep/imp must control to have access to.

Anyway, thanks for posting.