The Fate of the Sith Emperor isn't all that it seems to be?

RaithHarth

Isn't it like 2 thousand years before the Darth Bane, no? :-]

Writers have plenty of time. To be honest I wish it was Knights of the Old Republic 3 which would deal with those issues.

True, very true. I very much hope that the Old Republic saga continues to grow. And I would love to see a KOTOR 3.

KOTOR over TOR, definitely.

Despite myself, I like this idea of the beginnings of a Galactic Dark Age. The only problem I see at this point is that it might make it a little too easy for some returning version of the Emperor to anihilate all life, and that would be extraordinarily bogus.

I think there is room for both KOTOR 3 and TOR. After all its was Obsidian, not BioWare, who were working on KOTOR 3 - but oh well, we shall see...

Um..... No.

The mass infighting is destroying the Sith from the inside. Lesser Sith team up to destroy more powerful Sith, who in turn is defeated by even lesser Sith. This is a downward spiral that would destroy the sith, and it will. This is the reason the Rule of Two was so successful. Only the stronger could win, there were no allys to help.

Think of this:

Revan was dark lord. Malak destroyed him and declared himself more powerful. Malak rises, revan falls. The lesser takes control from the powerful.

Satele shan once said, "a united sith is a force that cannot be stopped."

But you see, they arent united they backstab, and it is the reason they fall, like all animals must.

No, i understood that. My point is that any form of government created using Sith policy is doomed to fail 100% of the time. You can't have a government made up of super charged serial killers and actually think it'll last, but the fact is that it CAN last for awhile if 2 things are followed: 1. A leader who can take on any single person below him in rank. 2. Those below the leader are too busy working against their rivals to ally against the leader. As long as both of those are followed then it'll last, the problem is that it never lasts forever.

The only way a Sith could truely rule is if he got rid of all the jedi and other sith and controlled the government from the shadows. It was Darth Plagueis who actually thought of something like this, though he had different reasons. The strength of the idea is even if the "leader" is overthrown, the sith could just control the replacement leader, repeat as needed.

Then how, pray tell, do you explain the words of Hall Hood? Which state the exact opposite of what you are saying. :confused:

Please, do you really think any writer is going to spoil the story (or future story), the Emperor is someone that they will probably bring back for some expansion in SWTOR don't believe everything you hear even if he wrote the JK story especially if its not confirmed canon. The email the Wrath gets from The Hand states that the Emperor is alive and recovering from losing his main voice, That email is C-Canon due to it being in SWTOR.

Could the Emperor be defeated by the JK in the future, Yes im not ruling that out. All im saying is dont take the writers word when its not confirmed as canon, where the email stating the emperor is alive by the Emperor's hand is C-canon due to it being in the game.

Please, do you really think any writer is going to spoil the story (or future story), the Emperor is someone that they will probably bring back for some expansion in SWTOR don't believe everything you hear even if he wrote the JK story especially if its not confirmed canon. The email the Wrath gets from The Hand states that the Emperor is alive and recovering from losing his main voice, That email is C-Canon due to it being in SWTOR.

Could the Emperor be defeated by the JK in the future, Yes im not ruling that out. All im saying is dont take the writers word when its not confirmed as canon, where the email stating the emperor is alive by the Emperor's hand is C-canon due to it being in the game.

Sometimes we have to look above the canon system and apply logic. Yes its not in the game yet, and its not completely confirmed, but its probably going to happen - and it makes sense to. And he didn't really spoil any story, he just confirmed what actually happened at the end of the JK storyline. Those words can't be dismissed as completely meaningless.

However, he also heavily implies that the Emperor is coming back. So it doesn't remove the possibility of the Emperor never coming back again, in fact it confirms that is going to happen.

P.S. Just because its stated in the game doesn't make it canon. Character statements are subject to interpretation, they could be lying, misinformed etc etc. So far its not canon that they were lying, but nor is it canon that they told the truth. So technically his survival isn't confirmed as canon, until we see him in the flesh. (Virtually of course :p)

Edited by Beniboybling

Sometimes we have to look above the canon system and apply logic. Yes its not in the game yet, and its not completely confirmed, but its probably going to happen - and it makes sense to. And he didn't really spoil any story, he just confirmed what actually happened at the end of the JK storyline. Those words can't be dismissed as completely meaningless.

However, he also heavily implies that the Emperor is coming back. So it doesn't remove the possibility of the Emperor never coming back again, in fact it confirms that is going to happen.

P.S. Just because its stated in the game doesn't make it canon. Character statements are subject to interpretation, they could be lying, misinformed etc etc. So far its not canon that they were lying, but nor is it canon that they told the truth. So technically his survival isn't confirmed as canon, until we see him in the flesh. (Virtually of course :p)

I see what you mean but let me put this one piece of evidence that the Emperor is still alive and that the JK didnt kill his real body.

1.) Vitiate's eyes were black as the void of space in his real body, the Voice that the JK fought had red eyes.

2.) The Emperor was a Sith Pureblood, the Voice was human.

All these details of the emperor's real body are confirmed in the Revan novel. If that doesnt prove that the JK killed only the Voice then I dont know what will. Again I'm not saying that the JK wont kill the Emperor in the future (It makes sense that he will eventually), I'm just saying that he didnt kill the Emperor as of this moment and that the Emperor is still alive.

I see what you mean but let me put this one piece of evidence that the Emperor is still alive and that the JK didnt kill his real body.

1.) Vitiate's eyes were black as the void of space in his real body, the Voice that the JK fought had red eyes.

2.) The Emperor was a Sith Pureblood, the Voice was human.

All these details of the emperor's real body are confirmed in the Revan novel. If that doesnt prove that the JK killed only the Voice then I dont know what will. Again I'm not saying that the JK wont kill the Emperor in the future (It makes sense that he will eventually), I'm just saying that he didnt kill the Emperor as of this moment and that the Emperor is still alive.

Ah, but Hall Hood also said that this may not be the first time the Emperor has 'died' - implying some sort of reincarnation, and that the body we saw in the Revan novel is no longer the body he inhabits. So this one would look different AKA Human.

Ah, but Hall Hood also said that this may not be the first time the Emperor has 'died' - implying some sort of reincarnation, and that the body we saw in the Revan novel is no longer the body he inhabits. So this one would look different AKA Human.

He could be talking about his Voices since he cant leave a voice he enters until that voice is killed but only time will tell right.

TBH I'd rather see is focused on just one class. Once you get all the classes involved its gets complicated (these guys can't meet remember) makes the story repetitive and removes the possibility of other class stories. Also is would be a bit weird concerning the Smuggler and the Bounty Hunter. Yes, nobody want's the galaxy to be destroyed - but it just doesn't fit with the 'mood' if you like of their story.

And yeah, out of game is the best. I think in-game it would be cool if the Sith Warrior had to collect all the pieces of the Emperor together to restore him back to life or something... or any SE quest focused on the Emperor. Or, maybe the SW collects his pieces, but learns of his mad plans to destroy the galaxy. And then theres a light side dark side choice at the end deciding whether to keep him alive (in return for great power) or destroy him.

But then, concerning a novel, it may mean giving the 'heroes' canon identities - which would anger a lot of people. And kinda of irk me personally. So who, other than the heroes could destroy the Emperor? Maybe it is best to leave it to one in-game class quest...

But then who would replace him? Maybe the Dark Council could make the Emperor a sort of myth and keep everyone believing, while Darth Marr leads from the helm instead.

Why can't the Sith Emperor story focus on all force user classes? (both factions)? Not just the Jedi Knight's story, it needs more depth than that

Edited by RaithHarth

Why can't the Sith Emperor story focus on all force user classes? (both factions)? Not just the Jedi Knight's story, it needs more depth than that
All Force user classes? Possibly. But I think that would be a waste. I mean the Emperor is cool and everything but I don't want classes to be repetitive, or other possible stories to be wasted. There are lots of other avenues that could be pursued with these classes, and I think it would be a waste to have the focus on the same story. And then you get the complications with classes clashing, they can't meet or interact with eachother in anyway. Dark side light side choices will affect outcomes and may clash with other stories, and slotting them all together will be difficult. I just feel it should be focused on one class. (preferably the Sith Warrior) And I think a whole chapter will be enough focus for the Sith Emperor. He's already taken up two of the Jedi Knight's. We don't want it to grow tiresome.

All Force user classes? Possibly. But I think that would be a waste. I mean the Emperor is cool and everything but I don't want classes to be repetitive, or other possible stories to be wasted. There are lots of other avenues that could be pursued with these classes, and I think it would be a waste to have the focus on the same story. And then you get the complications with classes clashing, they can't meet or interact with eachother in anyway. Dark side light side choices will affect outcomes and may clash with other stories, and slotting them all together will be difficult. I just feel it should be focused on one class. (preferably the Sith Warrior) And I think a whole chapter will be enough focus for the Sith Emperor. He's already taken up two of the Jedi Knight's. We don't want it to grow tiresome.

I just think it shouldn't focus mainly on the Jedi Knight story, The Sith Emperor story should be bigger than that, perhaps in a future expansion they could include "The return of the Sith Emperor" story arc, that can include all classes (mainly the force user classes in particular) to be involved in his return it should be a major story plot. His essence still lingers until he finds a host to take hostage and take over for himself since his last body was clearly destroyed anyways.

I just think it shouldn't focus mainly on the Jedi Knight story, The Sith Emperor story should be bigger than that, perhaps in a future expansion they could include "The return of the Sith Emperor" story arc, that can include all classes (mainly the force user classes in particular) to be involved in his return it should be a major story plot. His essence still lingers until he finds a host to take hostage and take over for himself since his last body was clearly destroyed anyways.

3/4 of the Force classes do involve the Emperor. You meet the emperor in the Knight and Warrior class story and the consular faces his "children" who have had the Emperor's power infused inside them. Knight's the only one trying to kill the emperor because he's/she's that generations "chosen one", Warrior is the Emperor's Wrath and works to carry out his will so there's no reason to fight the Emperor, Consular is dealing with all the people the Emperor went Micheal Jackson on as children, and the Inquisitor does what s/he want's and is too cool to be caught up in the Emperor's will.

Smuggler and Trooper would be murdered if they fought the Emperor so they can't actually fight him and the Agent and Hunter have no reason to interact with the Emperor.

The Emperors Wrath gets to directly imply that the galaxy could find peace without the Sith Emperor... To his voss body. The emperor then mysteriously replies that once he accomplishes his goals there will never be war again.

But pretty much any force user should be directly opposed to the Emperor once his goals are revealed to all. Except the Sith Inquisitor, who should be doing his own thing, what with his "the empire is mine, lets make it happen. " endgame speech.

TBH I'd rather see is focused on just one class. Once you get all the classes involved its gets complicated (these guys can't meet remember) makes the story repetitive and removes the possibility of other class stories. Also is would be a bit weird concerning the Smuggler and the Bounty Hunter. Yes, nobody want's the galaxy to be destroyed - but it just doesn't fit with the 'mood' if you like of their story.

And yeah, out of game is the best. I think in-game it would be cool if the Sith Warrior had to collect all the pieces of the Emperor together to restore him back to life or something... or any SE quest focused on the Emperor. Or, maybe the SW collects his pieces, but learns of his mad plans to destroy the galaxy. And then theres a light side dark side choice at the end deciding whether to keep him alive (in return for great power) or destroy him.

But then, concerning a novel, it may mean giving the 'heroes' canon identities - which would anger a lot of people. And kinda of irk me personally. So who, other than the heroes could destroy the Emperor? Maybe it is best to leave it to one in-game class quest...

But then who would replace him? Maybe the Dark Council could make the Emperor a sort of myth and keep everyone believing, while Darth Marr leads from the helm instead.

Personally, I would absolutely love if all of the classes got somehow involved in taking down the Emperor. Of course, not in-game, but in a novel or a series. It would be sort of a Luke-Han-Leia-Kenobi type of team-up mission. I honestly believe that a great story in a videogame should ultimately have a canon version of it in the form of media. If it isn't, then how is there any more room to continue the stories? Having a smuggler as my main I feel REALLY left out. I really want to be important, you know, I want to shoot the Emperor even if he deflects my blaster bolts. Non-Knight/Warrior classes will just be really pointless. I have played the Knight, Warrior, Inquisitor, Bounty Hunter and smuggler and I think they are awesome. So awesome that I would love to see them in their "set in stone," if you will, personalities. You know, if you want to read it do so, if not, don't. But I think farther (wayyyy farther) down the road we'll need a canon ending for the game.

Personally, I would absolutely love if all of the classes got somehow involved in taking down the Emperor. Of course, not in-game, but in a novel or a series. It would be sort of a Luke-Han-Leia-Kenobi type of team-up mission. I honestly believe that a great story in a videogame should ultimately have a canon version of it in the form of media. If it isn't, then how is there any more room to continue the stories? Having a smuggler as my main I feel REALLY left out. I really want to be important, you know, I want to shoot the Emperor even if he deflects my blaster bolts. Non-Knight/Warrior classes will just be really pointless. I have played the Knight, Warrior, Inquisitor, Bounty Hunter and smuggler and I think they are awesome. So awesome that I would love to see them in their "set in stone," if you will, personalities. You know, if you want to read it do so, if not, don't. But I think farther (wayyyy farther) down the road we'll need a canon ending for the game.

Get the popcorn ready when canon versions of the classes are announced: The fan outrage and e-tears will be bigger than when they set canon versions of Revan and the Exile.

Get the popcorn ready when canon versions of the classes are announced: The fan outrage and e-tears will be bigger than when they set canon versions of Revan and the Exile.
Very true, but I agree with the OP, eventually this whole Great Galactic War needs to be brought to a canon end. However that may be possible in game, rather than through and EU book. At least for the four main classes. However I wouldn't rage if that actually happened, after all, this is Star Wars - its not your universe. :D

P.S. I actually liked how Revan turned out, he looked just how I would have imagined him. Meetra not so much, but she only appeared for a couple of seconds and as a Force ghost so *shrug* can't really comment.

Very true, but I agree with the OP, eventually this whole Great Galactic War needs to be brought to a canon end. However that may be possible in game, rather than through and EU book. At least for the four main classes. However I wouldn't rage if that actually happened, after all, this is Star Wars - its not your universe. :D

P.S. I actually liked how Revan turned out, he looked just how I would have imagined him. Meetra not so much, but she only appeared for a couple of seconds and as a Force ghost so *shrug* can't really comment.

I think all republic stories will be light sided canon just like was KOTOR1-2 canons. Jedi Consular seems canonically female (you can't find a decent JC robe which is not female robe), Jedi Knight will be male.

Also imperial classes storyline will be dark sided canons imho.