Marking Healers

Minkypuss

imo marking needs to be removed from pvp warzones. I can tell when a group marks me as I only last a few seconds when I get to the fight. I instantly get three plus people attacking me and in most cases I die within a few seconds. It does not matter how many others are around, I get all the (unwanted) attention. If I was in a big pvp guild or on a team I may be able to manage to survive, but I’m not. I usually PUG in solo, so unless I get lucky and get a group who keeps an eye on my scrawny butt, I’m toast. It’s just not a lot of fun running in to die over and over again.

marking is important. It is too hard to tell everyone "Attack the healer" because no one will do it unless there is a giant star on their head. And if no one focus-fires, GL trying to kill anyone.

Playing a healer, it comes with the territory that you WILL be targeted...marked or not. Marking just makes it easier for pugs.When rated WZ's get here and the entire team is on voice comms, marking won't be necessary and you still be focused as soon as they see you healing.

Edited by Khoraji

imo marking needs to be removed from pvp warzones. I can tell when a group marks me as I only last a few seconds when I get to the fight. I instantly get three plus people attacking me and in most cases I die within a few seconds. It does not matter how many others are around, I get all the (unwanted) attention. If I was in a big pvp guild or on a team I may be able to manage to survive, but I’m not. I usually PUG in solo, so unless I get lucky and get a group who keeps an eye on my scrawny butt, I’m toast. It’s just not a lot of fun running in to die over and over again.

i was marked for death in a WZ it made me LOLOLOL why had a guild healer healing me as a tank and kept assassinating every one with 0 deaths and the ops leader was the first target some how when you kill him over and over he gets pissed and marks you lol

I can tell when a group marks me as I only last a few seconds when I get to the fight. I instantly get three plus people attacking me and in most cases I die within a few seconds.

How do you know that the Opfor hasn't put in /ops chat "Kill MINKY the healer"?

Believe it or not, some pugs have 2-3 peeps who que together, and are not as brain dead as other pugs. Just because you get focused due to someone seeing a green cast bar, or has seen you multiple times =/= marking. On the flip side, many times I have seen healers marked, and not a single person focuses them. Welcome to healing 101.

Edited by Pistols

I know you don't want to hear this.. but if you are being marked for being a healer at the start of the match then you have a rep so if you want to stop being marked you need to change to DPS for a week and then pop back to heal mode. People will eventually see you DPSing instead of healing and you will fall of the black list.

I play with a sorc that is a healer and she has a rep now. As soon as we start a match the other team bum rushs her.

The solution isn't to change marking in WZs though.

How do you know that the Opfor hasn't put in /ops chat "Kill MINKY the healer"?

There's a difference between someone saying kill minky in ops chat and having a big fat bullseye over your forhead.

If people are looking for my name and targeting me because they're smart and focusing on the healer (or someone said watch for Minky) that's completely fine, to have a huge target above your head where someone can tell from across the huttball map where I am and where I'm going isn't cool.

There's a difference between someone saying kill minky in ops chat and having a big fat bullseye over your forhead.

If people are looking for my name and targeting me because they're smart and focusing on the healer (or someone said watch for Minky) that's completely fine, to have a huge target above your head where someone can tell from across the huttball map where I am and where I'm going isn't cool.

Let's say they did get rid of it. I would hope you don't try rated because you can bet even if you can't mark a healer then people will be calling your name and you will still be focus fired. So the difference is a graphic on the screen or someone calling your name. You are ok with someone calling your name, but a graphic is crossing the line?

Without marking....

Player 1:

Hey Bob, Nakazia is by me.

Player 2:

Oh really, everyone Nakazia is by Player 1. Move to kill.

Nakazia:

/dead

With Marking...

Player 1:

Nakazia is a healer please mark them.

Player 2:

Nakazia has been marked.

Nakazia:

/dead

Difference is a graphic. That is all.

Are you kidding me? Healer in BM gear and guarded is nearly unkillable. There are times when I've see 4-5 players focusing fire on a healer and they simply won't die. If you are dieing a lot then get a tank to guard you and stay with him.

IMO a well-equipped healer is the second most OP class next to of course the bounty hunter which is sickeningly OP.

I would be fine with the mark/tag or w/e you wanna call it only applied to those with LoS on the target with said mark.

Removing marking however is not an option imo.

Man I love these threads. Look broseph, I spot a healer and I am ops leader you are getting marked.

I mainly solo queue with pugs and trust me, whenever I make a healer it usually results in nothing happening in regards to focusing down the healer.

I'd actually like to see all player healing removed from pvp and move it all to med packs and stims usable by everyone. Healing in PVP is too overpowered and honestly it's not fun to battle with somebody for 30 seconds only to watch their health go back up when you're about to win.

I'd actually like to see all player healing removed from pvp and move it all to med packs and stims usable by everyone. Healing in PVP is too overpowered and honestly it's not fun to battle with somebody for 30 seconds only to watch their health go back up when you're about to win.

what is this

please man

is not even funny

also make it so every player is physically separated from his or her team and can only fight one on one duel of the fates style. also only jedi knights and sith warriors are allowed and the bad guy must use the darth title.

I play with a sorc that is a healer and she has a rep now. As soon as we start a match the other team bum rushs her.

The solution isn't to change marking in WZs though.

This. There are quite a few reps who i will call out to be marked as soon as i see them because i know they are healers. Even if they are not marked i will be on them 24/7 and so will a few other players who run into them day in, day out.

Marking sucks when its you who is marked (i know this playing a Sorc healer myself), but removing the option wont change people getting focused since bad players still ignore marking and good players see somebody spamming heals and focus them even without a marker.

I don't mind the symbols being visible at relatively close range. You can see the person anyway.

I think it's a bit off that you can see the raid markers from 150 yards away though obscured by ramps etc. Not just for healers but for anyone. Then it lets you see where people are that normally are outside your vision. To know the location of a player, they should need to be visible on the screen.

It's the same argument I'd make against being able to hit M and see the location of every enemy player on the map. There's nothing wrong with marks but I think if the person is more than 50 yards away or something you shouldn't be able to see the mark either.

Edited by ShadowOfVey

When I play my healer toon I get marked all the time, it comes with the job. If you apply for a computer tech job and complain about all the computer questions you get, you applied to the wrong job.

I don't mind it, I just simply ask for help and change my tactics around.

I think to suit most people a better suggestion would be to be able to mark anyone (by anyone not just the leader, or at least have the leader give Lt status) but the marking only shows up on your screen at 'x' distance. Much like a skill can only be used 'x' distance from the target.

This way it's not seen from across the map as everyone is complaining about so you have to be within the battle to see where he/she is.

being a healer in pvp i just suck it up. I do feel for ya especially if you pug it. I can tell you it takes alot of people to brign me down. usually if they start bashing on me others kill them before they kill me. Edited by Baaddare

marking is important. It is too hard to tell everyone "Attack the healer" because no one will do it unless there is a giant star on their head. And if no one focus-fires, GL trying to kill anyone.

Playing a healer, it comes with the territory that you WILL be targeted...marked or not. Marking just makes it easier for pugs.When rated WZ's get here and the entire team is on voice comms, marking won't be necessary and you still be focused as soon as they see you healing.

If a ops group cannot figure out who is healing and deal with the issue they deserve to get rolled. Being able to mark players is like using training wheels. If a person's heals exceed your DPS you better get that healer. If this is too complicated for bad players so be it.

There could be a noise signifying a message has been typed. That's all that's needed.

Edited by Dayshadow

I like the ability to mark in warzones..lol.. I tend to mark our healers and sometimes just randomly mark a guy on oposing side for kicks..lol.. sometimes i mark our whole team just to be a clown,,, and i sometimes just mark myself... I find it a rather enjoyable experience and if you cant agree then cry lol....

IMO the second you queue as a healer you have a target over your head.

If the person I'm fighting is going up in health constantly I know there is a healer, and when I see the cast bar, I've found my target for the rest of the game.

I'm a healer, and I think there is no way you should remove this feature.

It sucks getting smacked as soon as you walk onto the field. I know but both sides need to have tools available for coordination. No one worth a salt is going to let you sit there and free cast your heals.

Some tips,

1. Stick and move, don't stay in one spot for more than one cast

2. Die, yes die, if you can get enough heals off so 3 of your team mates can live and accomplish the mission than you have done your job.

3. Chain healing, healer for the healer (used in conjunction with tip 4)

4. Late bloomer, most of the time group leaders are looking to mark healers and then get on with the battle. This being said, look like a dps'r for a while before starting to heal. I've gotten away with this plenty of times

5. Use your hots and instant casts as much as possible while running for your life