Just got the Longspur Scout

Just had this drop off Grand Moff Kilran in a PUG and I won the roll. Very happy to have it, though I'm naturally saddened that it is only 90% speed.

What I'd actually like to know is, how rare is this thing? I'm wondering if it's fairly common due to the low speed, or have I really lucked out?

Just had this drop off Grand Moff Kilran in a PUG and I won the roll. Very happy to have it, though I'm naturally saddened that it is only 90% speed.

What I'd actually like to know is, how rare is this thing? I'm wondering if it's fairly common due to the low speed, or have I really lucked out?

You can buy it off a speeder vendor.

Longspur Scout (90% speed) - Can drop from the final boss in The Foundry (Empire) and Maelstrom Prison (Republic)

Longspur Recon (110% speed) - Purchased for 750 Warzone Commendations and 750 Mercenary Commendations from the "PvP Items" vendor on the fleet station

Longspur Blaze (110% speed) - Purchased for 200 Daily Commendations from a vendor on Ilum

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Is this speeder dropping still?

I ask because I'm on my 65th attempt straight and have yet to see this drop. I've been doing this for the past week and nothing but the same head piece and lightsaber from killing Kilran at the end of Maelstrom Prison.

I'm starting to think this doesn't drop on Maelstrom Prison (Republic side) anymore. I find it hard to believe that after 70 straight runs it hasn't dropped yet. That or this is the rarest speeder in the bloody game.

The good thing out of all this is I've earned well over 5 mil in credits :)

Edited by Beef_Cake

It's not exacty rare, but it is sold at the IMPERIAL speeder vendors. So for republic it's pretty cool.

The foundry flashpoint drops the same one, but it is in a republic-style (orange trim instead of sith purple, etc)

Just throwing it out there.

It's not exacty rare, but it is sold at the IMPERIAL speeder vendors. So for republic it's pretty cool.

The foundry flashpoint drops the same one, but it is in a republic-style (orange trim instead of sith purple, etc)

Just throwing it out there.

Actually the speeder vendor doesn't sell this particular speeder, I've checked, unless its somewhere other than the Fleet.

• 2 weeks later...
Actually the speeder vendor doesn't sell this particular speeder, I've checked, unless its somewhere other than the Fleet.

The Vendor USED to sell it, but they took it out with 1.2 - the idea was that it was too easy for Imperials to get, which was unfair to the Republic. I'm an Imperial primarily but I agree with this sentiment, heck I wish it was easier for us Imperials to get Cyan (and for you Republics to get Purple) crystals.

• 4 years later...
Anyone knows if this still drops? did 5 Tacticals but it didnt drop.

The drop rate is no more than 5-10%. I did the Foundry many times back when the game first came out and saw it once. Five runs is about a 22% chance of having seen it drop (at a 5% drop rate).

Anyone knows if this still drops? did 5 Tacticals but it didnt drop.

First, AMAIZING NECRO.

Second...before posting read whole thread

Finally got it from Maelstrom Prison's final boss, it only took me 73 tries....sigh

• 2 months later...
Are the loot tables the same for solo. anyone know? I've been grinding the Maelstrom solo flashpoint in the hopes that they are... but if anyone knows for sure it would take a load off my mind :) Thanks.

I did several group ones already but no drop. I dont know about Solo option (a reply from Devs would be nice, but impossible i guess) but i bet tactical and HM drop it for sure.

As you can see regarding the last reply to me the guy really did a lot of them. So did I till now, but no drop.

• 1 month later...

Dear Eric,

this is a nice example of a thread where we could use a Developer or your reply on the works of the game. Please let us know where the mount drops. Should I do tacticals? Grind Solo fps or do HMs??

Please ADVISE!! Only Developers know this!

Great, just great. Well i did the SM versions for achievments already (no drops) and still have 29 HM fps to do which are Foundry and Maelstrom Prison, so hope it drops there. Otherwise i can grind, but would like to know what!!

Well it's definitely from Foundry/Maelstrom at least. I guess your best bet would be finishing the HMs and soloing tactical mode until you get it.