life day items on cartel market insulting.

gabarooni

Just Curious does anybody know of any other MMO on the market that sells all festival/event items in a store and has no event at all??

Pirates of the Caribbean Online.

I'm sure there are others--I don't actually get around to playing many~ But yea, it's not a good thing :)

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daily vendor + Fleet coms vendor got everything you need, you might need to get a few pieces crafted i think.

Thank you someone that read what was AT THE TOP OF THE PATCH NOTES. Yes People there is this little thing called reading it helps if you read the whole thing as well.

This is ridiculous! who the hell are you to say something like this! you complete wasteman!

If it bothers you that much....UNSUB! and LEAVE! people like you obviously hate this game so why are you here? get a grip!

More than 2,000,000 people have done just that since it went Live. :(

The game would be so much better if they had stayed.

I'm home with a cold, my friends are going out to the movies. I'm spending a few creds on a pack for fun, that and a cup of tea with honey is my little extra thing today.

Lo behold, got a cute remote controlled spaceship and Revans robes. Nothing that I needed to survive, but it was a fun little addition. Would have gone to the movies if I could, but this was some frivolous fun that could be done from home. With my cup of tea and honey.

Nice.. :)

Get better and glad to see someone enjoy these silly little virtual items for what they really are..just virtual items in a virtual game that in the big picture mean nothing anyways but a little fun and way to escape life for a while..

More than 2,000,000 people have done just that since it went Live. :(

The game would be so much better if they had stayed.

Links please ..

hate people making claims and not providing proof..

proper verifiable proof and your friend buddy uncle..cousin twice removed that knows a cleaning lady who is sleeping with the security guard who watches the dry cleaner where one of the devs sisters gets her dresses cleaned over heard a conversation ......doesn't count.

Edited by CrazyCanukk

My point had little to do with other people buying you cartel coins or a cartel pack, and more to do with we don't know, and shouldn't know, what Life Day will bring us from the developers. This claim is made on the fact that Life Day is modeled after X-Mas, another holiday where you don't know, and shouldn't know, exactly what you are getting, if anything, until the day comes. They could very well still be keeping a "secret" from us, in the sense of one or more of the limited time items arriving in our mailbox, or a special one week only event, etc.

Again, if its with someone elses money I wouldnt care ;p

Im paying with money that I earned to buy stuff for me. This isnt a case of "Dont look a gift horse in the mouth" situation since Im not getting a gift!

You haven't been excluded yet. The event has just started, it's still the beginning of the month. So they added some fun limited time items to the Cartel Market. That's a natural way to try to make some money. Something companies do. There's still plenty of time for subscriber events or gifts to be implemented, so there's no reason for the rage dial at 11 (a comment I made earlier, and my only real point... all this hostility and disgust and complaining is really too pre-emptive).

So you think theyll give me gifts later into the month after some of the people here already spend real money on it?

Not only would that be stupid, it would also be very stupid. Unless they give other stuff to subs which still makes the situation stupid.. have I said how stupid this choice is?

I didn't have a point really. I was curious what you were considering ONE pack for ONE character. There was so much emphasis on ONE that it is really misleading when I found out by ONE pack, you were referring to purchasing everything they made available, which includes multiple packs and items. That point is not invalid, as you were in fact referring to the bundle, that includes everything, and not the ONE item with the ONE word "pack" in it's name.

Fine.. one bundle[/b[, satsified?

Links please ..

hate people making claims and not providing proof..

proper verifiable proof and your friend buddy uncle..cousin twice removed that knows a cleaning lady who is sleeping with the security guard who watches the dry cleaner where one of the devs sisters gets her dresses cleaned over heard a conversation ......

Uhm...have you not been here long? 2.4 mil copies sold and last financial report was 400k-600k subs. I hate fanboys who cant handle the truth.

P2W is about being able to circumvent the game or part of the gameplay by spending real life cash instead.

What part of Pay to Win do you not understand? :confused:

This is too wide a description of P2W honestly.. I'd describe it more as: "Paying to receive the end reward of current game mechanics." myself. Because your description actually makes XP and social boosts also part of P2W.. or even the ability to receive certain armor looks normally part of grinds in Flashpoints or PVP. And that is something I wouldn't consider Pay 2 Win but Pay 4 Speed.

And yes, buying max grade Spaceship gear is, what I consider, Pay 2 Win.. only plus side really is that Space Missions don't have any impact outside your own experience in them (and how they make you credits) and are, therefore, relatively harmless to P2W on.

So you think 4 months worth of subscriber coins per character for something you can't get anywhere is "reasonable" for paying subscribers then? :eek:

Fair enough, but we disagree. :)

How did you decipher my previous posts to me saying that the Cartel items are reasonable? If anything, I said that they were overpriced.

My point was that the new Cartel items aren't required to facilitate an adequate gaming experience. They are vanity items. If you want them, then you'll have to cough up the cash for them. If I went into a record shop and whined to the customer service assistant that the price of the new Justin Bieber album was too expensive for what it is, he'd politely laugh in my face and show me the door.

It's all subjective anyway, where one person sees the price as fitting, another will either find them overpriced or underpriced. Horses for courses.

Edited by thirtysmooth

Uhm...have you not been here long? 2.4 mil copies sold and last financial report was 400k-600k subs. I hate fanboys who cant handle the truth.

This to be honest, bioware where bragging about there 2mil+ subs when the game came out. And i honestly cant see them doing an even in the noew 14days before Christmas day with no sign of it on the PTS or any mention of it at all by anyone at bioware, however i hope i am wrong and we do get an event.

You know some people just don't like the commercialization of holidays. Yes it happens everywhere and we get to deal with it but it does not mean we have to like or support it.

I don't know about anyone else but to me holidays are about being with family and friends not spending stupid amounts of money on stuff.

I found it disgusting when stores here starting putting out Christmas crap in late August and I find the Cartel stuff for the holidays equally disgusting. As such I won't be buying any of it.

If others want to that is their option.

Other games I play (even ones with stores have holiday events where people can EARN the holiday stuff. That I can deal with but this blatant money grab is just silly.

How did you decipher my previous posts to me saying that the Cartel items are reasonable? If anything, I said that they were overpriced.

My point was that the new Cartel items aren't required to facilitate an adequate gaming experience. They are vanity items. If you want them, then you'll have to cough up the cash for them. If I went into a record shop and whined to the customer service assistant that the price of the new Justin Bieber album was too expensive for what it is, he'd politely laugh in my face and show me the door.

It's all subjective anyway, where one person sees the price as fitting, another will either find them overpriced or underpriced. Horses for courses.

Ok I'm confused as to what you disagree with me about then. :confused:

So if you:

1. Think not having an event, only a Life Day Cartel Pack is a bad idea.

&

2. Think that the Life Day Cartel Packs are hideously overpriced.

Then basically we completely agree. :)

And LotRO also makes you buy quest packs from 20-50 so you can level. SWTOR offers that for free.

And 'this crap' may cost millions but how do you know the funds for the Market are not strictly from the revenue it creates? You don't, you're whining with no basis for an argument.

It doesnt matter what in game is for free. I am paying customer and all that interests me is what i get for my subscription money.

The second paragraph makes me feel like im back in school. There are many interent sites which sell 3d animated models, you can check for yourself what they cost. And im sure they throw all the money they get from us onto one large pile and spend them as they see fitting.

This is a one time 5 year anniversary event.

I am thinking more along the lines of their yearly holiday events with my question. As people were claiming those were a lot better than what we get with TOR so far. My question really was: If those yearly events occured before F2P, why can we compare them to new yearly events in TOR post F2P?

Though I see the point of this being a new event post F2P for LOTRO and might be comparable.. The First Wookie Life Day of SWTOR is not a milestone comparable to a 5 year anniversary. Though it is proof in one direction, it is not defenitive proof. Thank you for the info though!

No problem.

Im not sure when they introduced all the festivals as i didnt play constantly though.

Edited by Satanski

Why the life day items are in the cartel market and not in a festival i will never know, its a cheap money grab to something that should of been put in the game as content. I beg people to vote with there wallets and not buy this life day stuff in hopes that bioware realise this should of been event and they need to stop being lazy.

Im with you

This is too wide a description of P2W honestly.. I'd describe it more as: "Paying to receive the end reward of current game mechanics." myself. Because your description actually makes XP and social boosts also part of P2W.. or even the ability to receive certain armor looks normally part of grinds in Flashpoints or PVP. And that is something I wouldn't consider Pay 2 Win but Pay 4 Speed.

And yes, buying max grade Spaceship gear is, what I consider, Pay 2 Win.. only plus side really is that Space Missions don't have any impact outside your own experience in them (and how they make you credits) and are, therefore, relatively harmless to P2W on.

Well I would personally discribe those things as P2W of a fashion, only they are the most acceptable version of it, and perhaps unavoidable in a Cashshop based game.

But yes anything at maximum level that allows you to progress via cash rather than game play is certainly P2W.

Just Curious does anybody know of any other MMO on the market that sells all festival/event items in a store and has no event at all??

Lol! If there is no event, then the items aren't event items....

Just don't see how this is confusing peeps. These items were not meant to be earned through skill or a quest because... there is no event. These Life Day items are just fluff. And... it's not even good fluff.

I'm not going to buy any. But it's not in protest. I could careless what they sell for Life Day because the items aren't of any value. An all red set of gear... A speeder with christmas lights... and what... a couple of toys?

Sound the all clear, the crisis is over. There is nothing to buy.

If they do NOTHING I'm out. Been subscribed since launch, played in the beta, watched the site for a year or two before all that. I don't have a sense of entitlement. I understand despite my loyalty EA/Bioware doesn't shape their game based on my wishes, but I reserve the right to be crestfallen. This game is just not going in the direction I had in mind. I don't care about cartel market gambling, and with F2P that's their big money suck, so that's where development focus is shifting.

Ok I'm confused as to what you disagree with me about then. :confused:

So if you:

1. Think not having an event, only a Life Day Cartel Pack is a bad idea.

&

2. Think that the Life Day Cartel Packs are hideously overpriced.

Then basically we completely agree. :)

I was trying to state that if Bioware haven't said anything about a Life Day event, then why is the community up-in-arms about not having one? They added Life Day-related items to the Cartel Market, whether they are exterionately overpriced is subjective (they are in my opinion), which the community should be thankful for. If no event comes to fruition, then so be it. At least they have given us the tools to celebrate it in some form.

If you refuse to purchase the Life Day items, which I won't blame you if you don't, then be mature about it and move along. The game hasn't changed because of this.

For once I have to agree with the "slap in the face" folks here. The reason I stayed a subscriber was to avoid being nickeled and dimed in the cc shop. I thought life day would be an event we could participate in to have some fun and get some cool stuff from. But now I see I have to get it all from the cc shop I admit I feel a little ripped off. I pay my sub and I still need to pay 19.99 to get the life day stuff. Thats wrong. And im not the complaining type I usually dont come.the forums and nay say but... Damn bioware....:eek:

Hmm... didn't they say that there were going to be a new cartel-pack for each month? I do not think we can expect to have a event for each different pack that comes out. I got a few packs for fun, had some luck with items I wanted. Now I'll see if anything else I want comes up on the GTN. I've done my december shopping SWTOR-wise.

agreed.

Love the game, and like everyone else I have been disappointed at times but continued to play the game. I enjoy character mechanics, animations - and overall the non-12-year-old-anime-fantasy feel to it.

But seriously, it's coming on a year - I don't even know what Life Day is in the Star Wars universe....but I was excited about 'something' to do other then daily's and stand on the fleet with. Geared my 5 other alts in campaign and 63's can't keep my attention forever - where are the events? I realize the impossibility of fluctuating events lie Rift has - though, this would be great and give us reason to revisit planets at 50...but, only Two events in a year? Really? This life Day thing was hyped up -it comes and everything is on the market to buy, re-skinned armour with a Christmasy feel or a crap speeder with tinsel on it....Where's the double bladed saber love? Snipers get a cool long bow, marauders and jugs get a silly axe if they want it....wheres our neato staff or crazy Conan the Barbarian looking something or other...

Bah shrug....I remember in rift they had that long quest, and at the end you got a cool new helm or chest and a croco mount...that was fun.

Just saying. I pay my sub, thats all im paying. If ever I have to pay one more dime other than my sub to play the game. Ill just stop playing it. JUST SAYIN. I already stopped playing for a while and came back, I could easily just find something else to do. This type of thing is UNWISE. For now I dont need whatever this armor is but if I ever HAVE to buy something...Its ova. Edited by Smuglebunny