2.0 Lightning

paowee

Has anyone been parsing as lightning? I'm curious to see if other players have tried out incorporating Shock into their rotation and see if its a DPS increase over just spamming LS. Some ideas:

Shock after TB (or CrD or both) vs

Shock on CD vs

Lightning Strike spam and no Shock.

Edited by paowee

I havent tested numbers but from my experience the highest burst I have done is thunder blast, instant chain lightning, shock, force lightning

Same here as well. When opening the fight I put in Shock and that raises the burst to up to 4K. However down the road around 5 minutes later, putting using Shock in the rotation seems.. a bit weird and i still can't tell if its a DPS gain/loss compared to a "fewer" shocks rotation.

well speaking that alacrity affects globals and casts I assume shock is right in line with lightning strike. Shock has a slightly higher base damage and a decent chance at procing another hit. Lightning strike can proc for less damage but gets a 50% bonus on crit.

I would assume with the changes to lightning strike and shock that shock is only part of your rotation when you are on the move and don't need to refresh affliction or have instant chain lightning. It seems to deal only slightly less damage on an average basis but doesnt help you maintain the 30% regen buff or get a chain lightning proc. More or less it seems to have been made into an "auto attack" like option for when full lightning is being force into moving and can't cast.