HM TFB question

During phase 2 on the third set on tentacles. when you defeat the second tentacle and push TFB into his Furious Tantrum, will any remaining Anomalies despawn or do we need to deal with them before killing the 2nd tentacle. I know for the first and 2nd set of tentacles the anomalies will despawn as we push him into his Irregularity phase. Just wondering if it is also true for the third set. My group is now surviving the mechanics of the fight. Just need to find somewhere to tighten up our dps. Been losing due to enrage timer just before he gets to furious tantrum.

We have been having our dps focus 1 tentacle at a time with 2 of our dps prioritized to the anomalies. Once the first Anomaly spawns off the first tentacle we have 1 dps break off to kill it. for the 2nd anomaly at 25% we send our second anomaly dps. we generally have both dps dealing with the 1st anomaly that spawns off the 2nd tentacle then return to the tentacle. the 2nd anomaly from the 2nd tentacle gets ignored as it despawns once both tentacles have been delt with.

During phase 2 on the third set on tentacles. when you defeat the second tentacle and push TFB into his Furious Tantrum, will any remaining Anomalies despawn or do we need to deal with them before killing the 2nd tentacle. I know for the first and 2nd set of tentacles the anomalies will despawn as we push him into his Irregularity phase. Just wondering if it is also true for the third set. My group is now surviving the mechanics of the fight. Just need to find somewhere to tighten up our dps. Been losing due to enrage timer just before he gets to furious tantrum.

We have been having our dps focus 1 tentacle at a time with 2 of our dps prioritized to the anomalies. Once the first Anomaly spawns off the first tentacle we have 1 dps break off to kill it. for the 2nd anomaly at 25% we send our second anomaly dps. we generally have both dps dealing with the 1st anomaly that spawns off the 2nd tentacle then return to the tentacle. the 2nd anomaly from the 2nd tentacle gets ignored as it despawns once both tentacles have been delt with.

On the final tentacle phase going into furious tantrum, the anomalies will not despawn. They will still be out during tantrum, and will continue to damage and annoy everyone, so you do need to kill them on the final tentacle transition.

As far as improving DPS, I think most people, including myself, find that just having 1 dps on full-time anomaly duty is sufficient. If 1 roving DPS can't get them down quick enough, then there may be larger issues. Ideally you want your anomaly killer to be bursty and not a lot of ramp up or DoT damage.

Edited by JMagee

On the final tentacle phase going into furious tantrum, the anomalies will not despawn. They will still be out during tantrum, and will continue to damage and annoy everyone, so you do need to kill them on the final tentacle transition.

As far as improving DPS, I think most people, including myself, find that just having 1 dps on full-time anomaly duty is sufficient. If 1 roving DPS can't get them down quick enough, then there may be larger issues. Ideally you want to your anomaly killer to be bursty and not a lot of ramp up or DoT damage.

This would be my first recommendation as well. Unless your anomaly person is doing significantly less DPS than your tentacle DPS, they should be able to keep up. Occasionally they might get slightly behind if anoms are on far sides from eachother, but they should be able to catch up. During 1st and 3rd tentacle sets they should even be able to throw the occasional damage onto the tentacle as well, once they get really good at it. During the 2nd set of tentacles it's just too much downtime from movement, and usually isn't worth it.

Another thing that might help is having any MM specced Snipers (SS specced Gunslingers) use Entrench/Hunker Down to "eat" the tentacle Slams and continue to DPS through them whenever it's up (usually every 3rd slam, give or take your DPS). With the 60% reduced AoE damage talent on that ability, it becomes very healable, especially if they make good use of their Shield Probe and Ballistic Shield.

Also if you have not already, make sure DPS are assigned to a general area of Irregularities. The sooner they finish their Irregs and can move onto the tentacle (possibly even waiting for it to spawn and slam) the better off you'll be.

yeah I've assigned each of my dps to 2 platforms for irregularities. myself and the other tank do 14,16 and the healers get home and 4. I leave 12 as the leftover and have all the dps converge on 12 when they are done with their 2 assigned irregs Edited by anyberg

yeah I've assigned each of my dps to 2 platforms for irregularities. myself and the other tank do 14,16 and the healers get home and 4. I leave 12 as the leftover and have all the dps converge on 12 when they are done with their 2 assigned irregs

If you want to try and squeeze every little bit of DPS out, here's a suggestion about platform assignments...

Have a DPS assigned to 12+16.

That way you always have at a DPS start on a platform of an irregularity and end on one. So after the first set of tentacles are killed, you will already have a DPS on 16 (the safe 2nd phase platform) to start DPSing the tentacles as soon as they are up, and not running to try and get to them from elsewhere on the map.

Personally my group does the following. Tanks get 10 and 14 then move to 1 and 8 respectively. Two top DPS do 3,2 and 6,7 then move to 1 and 8 to help with the tanks (if necessary, either before their other 2 or after depending on where they are starting from 12 or 16). This can get a little hairy when spit goes out, but it's not really an issue once you have the internal clock for when spit is coming out again.

The other dps and healers split up 4,5,home. This should get you a little bit more uptime on the boss. Converging on 12 is probably a bit of loss as well, because you then still have to move everyone to 16 afterwards to start on the tentacles. Why have everyone converge on 12 when having 3 dps kill their irregularities and move to 16 to be ready for the 2nd set of tentacles and have the 4th dps just kill the irregularity on 12 then move to 16?

Assuming it is an 8-man raid, one DPS should be sufficient to deal with all anomalies.

How are you set for armor debuffs on the tentacles? It is easiest if you have a gunnery commando or guardian DPS in that group, but a gunslinger or guardian tank (without the boss, obviously) can do it as well.

Thank you everyone for the advice. We took her down tonight.

Didn't have a dps with an armor debuff available so we just had our tanks slap a sunder armor on the currently dpsed tentacle after they cleared their screams and our carnage marauder was able to handle the Anomalies by himself.