How are you liking 16-mans?

Our guild does 8-mans, so I've never tried a 16-man. How are you liking 16-mans compared to 8-mans? More fun? Less fun? Same thing but you happen to have a guild with enough for 16, so that's why you do 16s?

They are fun and pretty much same difficulty on most fights, can be harder on other fights.

Only problem I have is the game isn't optimized well for 16 people and if you don't have a great machine, you'll take a massive hit in FPS going to 16man. I drop from 30-50 fps in 8mans to 15 or less in 16mans.

My guild is currently doing 16 man hardmode content, up from 8 man hardmode. I prefer 8 players because at least then you know everyone in the group. The more often you group with them, the better you get to know them and their playstyle. This is obvious, but it's harder to organize 16 people to log on than it is for 8. Also, a bigger group usually means you're carrying a few baddies with low awareness. Loot takes longer to pass out, people tend to AFK more between boss pulls, and sometimes people come and go as they please. The only good thing I've noticed about 16 man is that clearing to bosses feels faster.

At least with 8 players, you can have an easier time scheduling or rescheduling operations.

They are fun and pretty much same difficulty on most fights, can be harder on other fights.

Only problem I have is the game isn't optimized well for 16 people and if you don't have a great machine, you'll take a massive hit in FPS going to 16man. I drop from 30-50 fps in 8mans to 15 or less in 16mans.

Hmm, the frame rate hit is one of my main concerns. That's a shame.

My guild is currently doing 16 man hardmode content, up from 8 man hardmode. I prefer 8 players because at least then you know everyone in the group. The more often you group with them, the better you get to know them and their playstyle. This is obvious, but it's harder to organize 16 people to log on than it is for 8. Also, a bigger group usually means you're carrying a few baddies with low awareness. Loot takes longer to pass out, people tend to AFK more between boss pulls, and sometimes people come and go as they please. The only good thing I've noticed about 16 man is that clearing to bosses feels faster.

At least with 8 players, you can have an easier time scheduling or rescheduling operations.

bosses are easier on 16 men, your argument is invalid.

Lets not start the 8 vs 16 man difficulty argument again.

It kinda depends on the guild. In WoW i loved 25m for the challenge, but found 10man to be a more relaxing and more social (talking with everyone a bit more). Especially as a tank who often had to lead stuff, 10m was more relaxing.

In SWTOR, I think 16m is probably more fun, there's usually more joking around etc. But that may be down to being in a very fun social guild :) The fps drop is not so great though.

16man is harder than 8man still.

My guild has cleared 8man HM EC and 16man HM EC, and I can tell you that 8man is a joke in comparison.

16man is harder than 8man still.

My guild has cleared 8man HM EC and 16man HM EC, and I can tell you that 8man is a joke in comparison.

You have more than 16 people on your server at once? impressive that is.

Don't bring this up again. There are many posts on this subject by people that have done both, and differences between the two that made 16 more difficult in many cases. Just leave it alone. Just in like WoW, "real raiding" was considered at the larger size, same applies here.

I like them both equaly good. Got a feeling that 8-man is somewhat easier to accomplish due to less organization. It's easier to manage. But my guild is getting so big that we can't do 8-man anymore since everyone wanna do raids. So last week we had 1 16 man hm group and missed 1 or 2 healers for 2nd raid group. :eek:

I'd think the loot dropping from 16mans would be smoother than 8mans, in the sense that it would be less likely that every drop would be Consular gear, etc. So it'd be more likely that everyone could get a drop or two, rather than the feast-or-famine that happens occasionally on 8mans.

Honestly I find 8 mans better because in a 16 man, I find there are just too many people. It causes a lot of lag and it is harder on healers (Even if u do have the right amount) Also they are shorter which is always a plus :/

So yes I find 8 mans better

in a 16 man, I find there are just too many people.

Reading these things makes me sad. RIP Planes of Power era 72 man massive zerg-raiding :(

We run a small 16 man raiding roster, and find it to be a lot of fun. Haven't even bothered much with 8, cause I have more than 8 friends and wouldn't want them to have to sit out

Reading these things makes me sad. RIP Planes of Power era 72 man massive zerg-raiding :(

We run a small 16 man raiding roster, and find it to be a lot of fun. Haven't even bothered much with 8, cause I have more than 8 friends and wouldn't want them to have to sit out

amen. you forgot without using VOIP too!

---

My guild has been doing 8mans for a long time. We cleared EV NMM on our very first try, and got title to boot. We did a 16man EV SM about 1-2 weeks after the EV NMM 8man. It was MUCH different for some bosses, and trash was totally different.

SOA was on par (read: easy). XXR3 was a bit more chaotic due to the Storm protocol and sheer number of PC's. Trash was a huge pain compared to 8man NMM, even. New abilities, new strats for handling them and mob resistances that arent there in 8man on any of the difficulties.

That being said, it was fun (perhaps slightly more so) because there were so many people there. We seemed to be plagued by lots of DC's and lag all around, but it was still laid back and fun. Even though it was *just* EV SM, people were telling me they felt more challenged during that run then even the EV NMM and that it was neat having to work for it again. I can only hope the populations pick up game wide, or full guild transfers go in as well, so we can do one again.

The only reason I don't like doing 16m raids is that my fps take a huge hit in 16m vs 8m once the combat starts. In 8m I average 20-25 fps but in 16m I drop by half to like 10-15 fps. Changing the graphic settings to the low only change fps by 1 or 2 and has no significant impact. I think this might be all the spell animations - multiple lightings, tracers missiles etc take a toll on my PC maybe (it isn't a bad PC either)

INCREASE OPS SIZES PLEASE!!!

I run both 16 and 8 man raids, on all content and I can tell you, a big problem with other MMOs is that they are reducing the size of raids and thus increasing the amount of guilds on servers, and too many people completing end game content too quickly. I dont think 16 man is enough people to justify a kill, i would like to see the raid sizes at least double (pref 40). As the GM of a very prosperous guild I am finding it too easy to co-ordinate 16 people and the game is becoming boring for us very quickly.

This is especially the case for Pilgrim, I would like to see HUGE numbers banding together to tackle a world boss that rarely spawns maybe once a week and there being no limit to the raid, maybe just have the boss do a huge AOE so that people that arent involved get blasted quickly. There definitely needs be urgent work done on this as I am seeing too many people leave this game for good due to the lack of challenge being supplied.

I cannot STRESS how difficult end game needs to be, not all of it, just the best gear in the game needs to be earned, not handed out like it currently is.

I have led Ops in other games having 40 people to look after and this game is feeling backwards to me only leading 16, as i am finding 16 people barely need leadership at all. Pilgrim should have been a BIG fight not something that you take 3 attempts and then its dead, then one shotted every five days. Make it unlimited people and put it's head on a stick in town and give everyone a buff, much like WoW did (but obviously not that, coz it isn't Star wars appropriate) back in the day. People want to cheer on Imperial / republic, but they dont, instead they compeat against them. Let's align the factions and get this game where it needs to be.

INCREASE OPS SIZES PLEASE!!!

I run both 16 and 8 man raids, on all content and I can tell you, a big problem with other MMOs is that they are reducing the size of raids and thus increasing the amount of guilds on servers, and too many people completing end game content too quickly. I dont think 16 man is enough people to justify a kill, i would like to see the raid sizes at least double (pref 40). As the GM of a very prosperous guild I am finding it too easy to co-ordinate 16 people and the game is becoming boring for us very quickly.

This is especially the case for Pilgrim, I would like to see HUGE numbers banding together to tackle a world boss that rarely spawns maybe once a week and there being no limit to the raid, maybe just have the boss do a huge AOE so that people that arent involved get blasted quickly. There definitely needs be urgent work done on this as I am seeing too many people leave this game for good due to the lack of challenge being supplied.

I cannot STRESS how difficult end game needs to be, not all of it, just the best gear in the game needs to be earned, not handed out like it currently is.

I have led Ops in other games having 40 people to look after and this game is feeling backwards to me only leading 16, as i am finding 16 people barely need leadership at all. Pilgrim should have been a BIG fight not something that you take 3 attempts and then its dead, then one shotted every five days. Make it unlimited people and put it's head on a stick in town and give everyone a buff, much like WoW did (but obviously not that, coz it isn't Star wars appropriate) back in the day. People want to cheer on Imperial / republic, but they dont, instead they compeat against them. Let's align the factions and get this game where it needs to be.

THIS!!!! End game is far too easy! 40 mans were the BEST in WoW. BRING IN 40S!!!

I know a lot of guilds are having trouble getting 16 players that are up to scratch to get that **** done, but that's just because there are so many guilds. Bring in 40 mans and a lot of guilds will merge and easy get the numbers.

Lot's of people have quit. Others are playing through D3 and will be back in a couple of weeks :p Lots from my guild just outright said: Not attending, playing d3 - others just don't mention anything and disappear, which I hate =\

That and it's exam time. I've barely raided last 2 weeks thanks to exams.

Are 16-man's even existent anymore? The place is a ghost town, we have a hard time just getting 8 people out of the guild to log in for an 8-man. There used to be 3 teams of 8 running simultaneously, now the server's dead.

My guild runs 16-mans 4 times a week on Saber of Exar Kun (apparently ranked 116th for population....). How any other server can't pull this off beats me.

Also, 16-mans are a blast!

Edited by Codek

We've been clearing both 8m and 16m since it came out and we've got over 150 members in the guild who still actively play, as the GM I can say that 8m is just a joke and putting together and ensuring that all players in a 16m group is much more challenging.

I've been leading guilds and playing games into end-game content for over 6 years now. I started this guild as a simple 8man group and we had 8 players who had 5+ years experience in MMO end-game, eventually we got bored so the challenge for us was to merge & absorb as many guilds we could on our original sever Jekk'Jekk Tarr which we did and now we run a successful 16-man group.

8man or 16man you still need coordinated players and a well executed strat, otherwise you will not be progressing anywhere in this content.