Group Intro

I recently inherited the guildmaster role in a dead guild, and I've been building it up into an active guild. The members all want to focus on group play including a bit of role play. Where can I find an overview of group options in SWTOR? I'd like to organize some flashpoints or ops but keep in mind a lot of the members are relatively low level. There are a few of us at level 70, but I assume we can join in a low level FP/op and just get nerfed. Is that correct? What would you recommend for a group mostly in the teens or twenties level range? 30-40's?

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "group options". Anything not "solo mode" can be done with a group. Flashpoints and uprisings are 4 player. OPs and PvP are 8 or 16.

To start with l'd suggest you do Veteran mode Flashpoints, especially if you don't have a "trinity" group (2 dps, 1 tank, 1 healer) or if you're trinity is still in training.

Don't worry about "levels" - everyone's level will be adjusted. (Some people may not be high enough level to enter some FPs)

Note that you can form a group and then enter group finder to get the Group Finder bonus. (The group will enter the FP immediately with no changes.)

I think you can directly enter an FP through the relevant NPC while using companions to fill some roles. A related "cheat" worth mentioning is that you can form a group (all human), enter the FP through GF, and then some group members who say, don't have time to do the FP, can leave the group and be replaced by companions.

After you've gotten more experience - especially with healers and tanks - you can move on to Master mode FPs and OP and PvP.

Many guilds will arrange times for doing FPs, etc. You can use ingame mail or the MOTD (Message of the Day) to inform members of these events.

Edited by JediQuaker