#SWTORCompanionChaos

Savyl

Can someone please explain how to vote on this and what is this all about? Is there a possibility that we may lose some of our fav companions from this vote that is neither scientific nor intuitive in the first place? Nothing on twitter or Facebook explains what to do, how, etc. Help please. Thanks.. some community assistance would be nice.

This is my vote:

@SWTOR #TeamShae #SWTORCompanionChaos

Deadliest Droid: Scorpio (Shae)

Worst Crook: Skadge (Shae)

Soldier: Rusk (Nico)

Con Artist: Gault (Shae)

Sith: Xalek (Shae)

Best Fixer: Blizz (Shae)

Apprentice: Nadia (Nico)

Scientist: Tharan Cedrax (Nico)

Champion: Shae Vizla

I think it would be a more fair vote to take in the forums instead of social media where people can have multiple accounts. I guess you could in the forums too but at least in the forums I think you need to be a paid subscriber? so it seems more scientific of a way to take a poll.

Edited by Savyl

It's more than likely nothing but a joke event so bioware can bring back nico or vizla.

That sounds like a great idea. It's a bit tough on players who already have only one of the two, however, if the one they already have wins, so others get their companion but they don't get anything. And with Shae's DPS parsing, I imagine plenty of people would vote for her over Nico even if they like him more as a character. So if we get one of the two depending on the result of a vote, it'd actively disadvantage those who currently only have Shae compared with those who have only Nico.

Edited by Estelindis

That sounds like a great idea. It's a bit tough on players who already have only one of the two, however, if the one they already have wins, so others get their companion but they don't get anything. And with Shae's DPS parsing, I imagine plenty of people would vote for her over Nico even if they like him more as a character. So if we get one of the two depending on the result of a vote, it'd actively disadvantage those who currently only have Shae compared with those who have only Nico.

And those of us that already have them all get left out.

Yeah, I bet it's always hard for them to know how to handle these situations without annoying or offending people who supported the original promotions. Like, if you consider Master Ranos and Darth Hexid, arguably the "winners" of DvL had to put in waaaaaaay more work than the losers (if they wanted to get their alignment companion anyway). But at least everyone got Hexid - it wasn't like people who'd previously obtained Ranos were excluded from the new reward.

Lord Scourge Vs Xalek. Why is this even a question? :rak_03:

I know, right? :D

Edited by Estelindis

But of course we are! As far as i'm concerned, i'm not going to move a finger during this mockery of an event, couldn't care less about Skadge, Guss or Tanno.

Sidenote, this update today went way too smoothly, they HAD to scr*w things up somehow, et voila, here it is.

its not about being special. what do we who have both companions get out of this

My personal suggestion would be that everyone be given a reward that can be redeemed for Shae, Nico, or one of the new influence 50 insta-boosts. Then even those who have both companions would get something really nice.

OMG!!!! we wont be special anymore!!!!! however will we survive?

I'm starting to think the ones that want something they missed out on due to their own inaction are the "special" ones.

They survived without them. They can continue to do so.

its not about being special. what do we who have both companions get out of this

This. I don't care if other people get a companion I already have, but why should those that have them be left out just because we may have all the companions.

I don't think that'd really follow the companion theme, but if that'd be more acceptable to those who have both companions I doubt I should argue about it.

or maybe a completely new companion we've never seen before. maybe valkorion... OR VAYLIN!

Edited by ThomasStarWars