The BEST class story line

banehammer

So far I've only played a consular and bounty hunter, and for me, the BH story is much more engaging and fun. It makes a real difference about how you feel when you play.

I'm really interested to see what others think about their class storylines?

For me the consular was too goodie goodie and the story line feels a little insignificant (though I know others disagree)

The BH is all tough guy and cheeky, I like that.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having played through the prologue of every class bar Consular, I personally believe the feeling of being a Trooper or Agent provides much more excitement. The Agent really makes you feel like you're involved in something big, and the Trooper storyline makes you feel strong for the Republic.

Having played through the prologue of every class bar Consular, I personally believe the feeling of being a Trooper or Agent provides much more excitement. The Agent really makes you feel like you're involved in something big, and the Trooper storyline makes you feel strong for the Republic.

The problem with the trooper is it's so unoriginal. I seriously don't think there's a story in there that's even slightly original. Not to mention, the dialogue for light side is pretty lame. Though to be fair, the act endings are worth it, it's overall still really fun.

Jedi Knight easily has the most epic story, as well as the most important story to the Star Wars universe. He accomplishes the biggest things. Thing about it is that it's not super original, although it's not typical either.

Sith Warrior is really, REALLY entertaining, light or dark you're in for some fun. It also has a very engaging story (not quite as much for act II but it's still a good act).

Imperial Agent easily has what someone like a writer would consider the "best" story. But it's important to keep in mind that it's all subjective.

From a purely objective standpoint, I'd have to say that Imperial agent has the "best" (I speculate this is because the Imperial Agent isn't directly based off of any Star Wars character, they had to make you feel like Darth Vader in SW story, or Luke Skywalker in Jedi Knight, Han solo in Smuggler etc. The Imperial agent you just had to be like a spy, which gave them a lot more room to do a good story, but that really is just a guess) while Jedi Knight has the most rewarding, and the biggest sense of "wow, this is epic" but that's just me.

I've played Sith Inquisitor and Imperial Agent. Personally, I think Imperial Agent has the best story/quest so far. Sith Inquisitor is pretty by the book Light/dark Side stuff, you start out on Korraban, and climb the Sith corporate ladder. The quest itself is very predictable, do errand for this sith lord, Prove yourself to that Sith lord, get noticed by the big boss, blah blah blah... Nothing surprising.

But Imperial Agent gets you to play from a very different angle of the Star War universe. Since most SW games and movies are focused on the struggle of Jedi and Sith, being an imperial agent is actually very refreshing. Like it's said in a previous post, you really feel that you're something big. You have your mysterious boss, your reserved handler and a whole array of shady characters you need to deal with. I can only speak for myself, but I really feel like a field operative, I may not be the strongest or the toughest, and my methods are questionable at best, but eventually, I do feel that I act from behind the scene and I actually make a difference. Of course... logically speaking, I know the world I've been on doesn't really change, same quests are given out to other players, but some times I can get pass that and really role play.

My only wish is to have more companions....

The Agent is by far the best storyline that I have played with so far.

From chapter 1 to chapter 3 it keeps a good strong story going, chapter 3 is a little weaker in story till you get to Voss, but then it has some cool moments where your really interested in playing the character. But, you should play a male IA, cus Kaliyo>any other female companion in the game.

Unfortunately I have only really played the Si as my other character, though I did get her to almost the end of the 2nd chapter, I found it soo dull I was more interested in my companion and world story arcs than my own class storyline. Seriously, some one needed to get fired for writing this class.

I am probably going to either roll a BH or Smuggler next, some how I doubt the Jedi classes look that great for storyline, although the JK female companion might tempt me to try that out.

Imperial Agent is fun if you're doing it solo. Unfortunately for the most time I'm running grouped with my Bounty Hunter friends and he gets pretty annoyed. He does two of his class quests in the time it takes me to do one. The story is great, but it is irritating when I do a quest, then have to holocall my Watcher, then have to run all the way back to the HQ to make a full report. As my friend puts it, IA story is mostly running and reporting. Not very multiplayer-friendly.

Have played Jedi Consular to lv 25, trooper to 20, BH 50, Sith Warrior to 42 (currently playing)

I stopped play both Rep characters because of the really boring storys up to their level's.

*side note: Both Rep are females, while both Empire are male*

The BH were extremely fun up to 40-ish, then it started to get less interesting, or be more specific. After Belsavi it got less fun.

Sith Warrior - little less fun then BH up to when you become Lord, Then it gets better! *no spoiler* :)

The companions play a nice part in this aswell. Both SW and BH gets interesting and enjoyable companions.

My side of it so far.

Youtube class stories while you are grinding those mobs. Especially the classes you know you never will play.

They are like 7 hours+ long for each class.

Imperial agent is one of the best,

This is the one i watched, a light side Imperial agent female, from start to finish in his one channel.

Saved me 5 days /played just to know what the class story of it was, trying jedi knight next

Edited by liytx

Bioware will have me hooked for years because I want to play all of the stories, and experience all of the different ways of playing!

I've never played an MMO before and the only reason this drew me in was Star Wars + Bioware = awesome game with great stories. I'm also a completionist so taking ages to get through the single player aspects of story/grinding etc. currently a lvl25 smuggler and the story is quite thin on the ground but I can see it beginning to build...

Just rolled an smuggler alt the other day and wondering if the story is anywhere as good as the agent? Had to play the smuggler because of who voices him (male) :)

Any thoughts on his storyline?

The story isn't as good as the Imperial agent (although it's subjective, that's popular opinion). However, the dialogue is the most entertaining in the game, especially if you play a sort of sarcastic/witty smuggler. The story itself gets way better after Act I.

The story isn't as good as the Imperial agent (although it's subjective, that's popular opinion). However, the dialogue is the most entertaining in the game, especially if you play a sort of sarcastic/witty smuggler. The story itself gets way better after Act I.

Good to know...I'm still in Act1 and as I said, it's a bit thin on the ground at the moment, but all the side quests have been good enough to keep me happy :)

I kind of like the Smuggler story... my "main" is a bounty hunter and that's where my guild is. But I started a smuggler in beta so I wouldn't spoil the imperial agent story (I thought I was going to play an IA originally). Anyway, I got hooked on the smuggler story and still enjoy it--it's the main reason I play the smuggler class. And the sarcastic lines are the best! It was fun getting my ship back and now being on a treasure hunt.

The agent has a cool story too, don't get me wrong. But my life is serious enough with work, I don't want to play a character that is "working for the man" in the game too--even if it's a cool job.

The sith warrior story should be renamed the Darth Baras Show but I'm still very much interested in how it will all end, so I suppose in that regard it is a good story. It's the one I've gotten furthest into, so I don't know how it stacks up against the others.

Trooper has an amazing storyline, if you want to enjoy a class story, roll with a Trooper - On Act4/Ilum. BH is pretty good too but I only did his to almost the end of Act 1 in beta.

I'm definitely going for trooper next; Aric Jorgan looks to be a fun companion (because I like his voice actor) and especially after watching a romance video on youtube with him. So funny :)

I've loved all the stories so far.

And I have to disagree with everyone saying the Consular storyline is weak. I love it. I'm the savior of the entire Jedi Order in that storyline.

Not that I don;t enjoy the others, but so far, the Consular is the best IMHO

consular story is pretty darn epic, especially act 3, though i'll admit to having mass effect flash backs through out act 3, serious dejavu moments.

I've put off rolling another rep as i've done every planetary quest and havn't been about to stomach the thought of doing them all again but someone here mentioned a treasure hunt?

I eat that crap up man, love them kinda story lines. I'm off to roll one now then :)

In my opinion Jedi knight (though my friend completed it first and spoiled me the end of it). This story is just...classic . As master Vandar said in the end of KOTOR: "wherever you go you will be recognized as the heroes of our age. But you must remain ever vigilant. For one day you may be called upon once again to defend the glory of the Republic… against the tyranny of the dark side. For this… is the destiny… of the Jedi". Well and my character certanly fulfilled it. Edited by Gorecz

I'm enjoying the story of the Jedi Consular most right now, you're the only person with

a shielding ability which allows you to protect people from a sith plague

I've played Sith Warrior up to Nar Shaddaa and Jedi Knight to Ord Mantell. Along with Trooper, Smuggler and Bounty Hunter up to the capital world for their factions.

I´ve played smuggler to lvl 45, Jedi C lvl 20, Jedi K lvl 25 and BH to lvl 20.

The smuggler storyline is really good at the beginning till you finish act 1 then you just begin to travel there and here all the time + the hard way to lvl up.

JC and JK is both good right now but the fun starts when you are at lvl 10

BH is fun but the Impirial side quest are really boring.

Under the beta I tryed the tropper up to lvl 10. Fun but not that fun. It was like "Yes sir and no sir" + your first companion was a real pain from the star of the story xD

I love that everyone has their own take on what makes a good story line.

I’ve really enjoyed the BH so far because I’m playing him as the baddie out for kills and credits with a heart of gold… lol.

I’ve found consular a little too ‘clean’ for my liking, but it’s still great.

From what I’ve read, and my personal tastes, I think smuggler will be the next I roll. Love the cheeky dialogue and how he’ll do the dirty deeds to get the job done.. :D

Did anyone else notice the smuggler voice in the cinematic was Bender from Futurama? Am I the last person in the world to notice this? Is it the same in game?