Annihilation needs an anti-cleanse

majiinx

Rupture already has a chance to have its cooldown finished through Pulverize in the skill tree. Annihilation Marauders should wait for the first Rupture bleed to go away before putting another on rather than clip the last tick. It comes up often enough that it is difficult to cleanse consistently.

Its easy enough for a healer to wait for your DS to go to 3 stack and boom, cleanse.

Cleanse protection in its classic form would become cost heavy for us.

What I'd suggest instead is if cleansing DS is cleansed, the cooldown on annihilate is immediately finished, and your next annihilate is free and/or deals 30% more damage.

Its still a damage loss, but not so much.

In PvP, you can't lump all 3 classes together. Carnage and Smash have burst damage which you cant avoid. Annihilation can effectively have half its damage removed at will. Also, Rupture does pitiful damage compared to 3 stack DS.

**** no marauder is OP as it is.

I played several PvP games the other day specifically to watch my bleeds and to see if they got cleansed. In about four or five games, I only saw it happen once in a big team battle. When there are so many health bars to watch at once, compounded with monitoring cooldowns and positioning as well as keeping away from enemy DPS, it's hard for even a good healer to be able to see who has what debuffs or dots that need to be cleansed. Also, when a healer cleanses, that's a GCD where they are not healing. In smaller battles, yes, I could almost guarantee bleeds are being cleansed, but in larger team battles it really taxes the healers to have to do that. Edited by Lyer

A little trick I've picked up to help for the cleanse is to spec into seeping wounds and apply crippling slash. Since a cleanse can only remove 2 effects at a time, I've noticed more often than not the two slows get cleansed and not the dots. It's by no means ideal but in regs it can be used to help take down a healer.

In PvP, you can't lump all 3 classes together. Carnage and Smash have burst damage which you cant avoid. Annihilation can effectively have half its damage removed at will. Also, Rupture does pitiful damage compared to 3 stack DS.

One tick of three stacks of Overload/Deadly saber does 3 times the damage of a tick Cauterize/Rupture. It is just that Rupture ticks 3 times as often when it is up.

Edited by Emperor-Norton