Celebrate Game Update 1.2: Legacy

AlysonBridge

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Along side of the absolute worthlessness of the CE purchase, this is one of the stupidest things I've ever even heard of.

I was just telling a fellow CE purchaser that "since they made this CE so expensive and so ridiculously worthless, they should give us game time to compensate us."

Then I read this upon logging on today.

I have a level 42 and several mid-level alts.

I have purposely chosen against level capping so that I could preserve my interest in the game.

I was a Pre-Order customer.

I played in the Beta's.

As a Guild Leader I got several people who would not have played the game, to play the game because we have a great guild and Raid well together. As their Raid Leader, they follow me. It is truly an honor. I'm thankful they do so.

We have skipped Raiding due to all of the things we have heard/read/seen about End Game so that we could enjoy the game at a slow pace and play what most people believe to be the only fun part about the game up until now, that is, leveling.

What any person who argues against those not having a level 50 is not seeing is that WE CONTINUE TO PLAY AND ENJOY THIS GAME WITH PRESERVATION.

So for preservation's sake, we are not considered.

There is nothing ok/good/cool about that. Period.

Nice gift... I had let my account lapse for a couple of weeks after playing beta since 2010 and just resubscribed yesterday, freebie month + pet = win :D.

I can't help but boggle at people complaining about it only being for those with 50's: we played the exact same story as you are trying to, we just did it already. People with 50's are obviously more dedicated players who care for the game more, or they wouldn't be 50. We're the ones actively contributing to the game's economy, pve endgame, and pvp. :)

Really?

**** you.

Per my last post. I have cancelled two accounts now. I reserve my money and time for companies who value my business. I have defended BW quite a lot in my history. Here and elsewhere- over SWTOR. But this is it for me.

I made very clear in my 'reasons for cancellation' that because I choose to play the game differently, I am being penalized to a degree that BW/EA clearly does not value me as a customer. It's a shame. On the brightside, it's sunny out, spring is here, and maybe this is all for the best.

Last post. I know I'll get flamed for this, but don't look for me to rise to the bait and respond.

Yup, I ranted and Raved and watched fanbois openly insult and attack those upset (exactly like the pre launch issues) with out EA censoring or infractioning those attack posters and that was final straw.

Between the 30 days free for power leveling and space bar hitting combined with EA allowing open attacking and insulting.

Account cancelled today.

sadly I have 95 days remaining on subscription but at least it stops there!

While I am certainly not affected, I do think it is an incredibly boneheaded move to only give a free month to those with level 50s. If you were going to be restrictive, a far more obvious restriction would have been a free month for those who've been subscribed since release. 'If', being the operative word, since I think anyone who wasn't born yesterday knows this is a PR move to stop what must be rising unsubscription numbers, meaning you would have been better off simply giving all current subscribers the free month. Edited by revial

I see the other post about the uproar over the 30 days for having a level 50 has now been closed.

I'm a loyal customer playing since early access, have a level 50 but time runs out in 10 days, won't be carrying on. The fact the last thread was closed with no explanation and the fact this offer pisses on the people that have been loyal since the beginning, that paid for the CE version, that tested during BETA but don't have a level 50.

This is a PR disaster and a kick in the guts for all those people that have been loyal but don't have a level 50.

Nice one. Not.

Got a question though, I canceled my account friday but had like 25 days left on it, didnt reactivate it until this evening. Is the reward based of of if your account is active or what? I would like to get the little critter and be bummed if I missed out because I was at work but still was active.

My subscription ran out on Tuesday, April 10th. I finally got paid today and was able to buy a 60-Day Time Card and I just re-subbed 40 minutes ago. I missed the cut off I guess by a couple of hours. So I'm just wondering if I get this special deal? I do have a level 50 character. I'm just curious if I might be put into the category to get this special 30 free days. I understand if I don't and I guess it was just bad luck.

I've been playing since January and I miss a couple of days due to money issues and finally re-sub today and I don't get this special offer because I didn't have an active account by a certain time? Kind of sucks don't you think? Also, I did not see the annoucement until after I put the code in.

Thanks.

Got a question though, I canceled my account friday but had like 25 days left on it, didnt reactivate it until this evening. Is the reward based of of if your account is active or what? I would like to get the little critter and be bummed if I missed out because I was at work but still was active.

You were active with those remaining 25 days... you're fine.

I am home from work at 5 pm. I take care of my son until 8:30 pm - 9:00 pm when he goes to bed. and then I play afterwards. I am usually on from 9pm till midnight playing. And if you don't destroy your house in the first place it wont be a disaster. I can clean up my son's mess in about 20 minutes and if you can read you would see the part where I said if I am lucky I get 6-8 hours on Saturday or Sunday to play.

So what I gather from your post is you treat your house like crap, your kids are up till midnight and you never have time away from them, and if you have more than 1 hour a day to play you dont take care of your kids.

From what i gather you sit on your *** all day at a 9-5 job so you can stay up till midnight playing video games....some of us do real work and need rest.

From what i gather you sit on your *** all day at a 9-5 job so you can stay up till midnight playing video games....some of us do real work and need rest.

Haha. You make me laugh with your real work. Cause you know what my job is and it is obviously not real work. I bet you gave yourself a pat on the back after posting this!

And by the way I get 7 hours of sleep a night for my "not-real" job as you call it.

It's just poor wording all around the announcement. In this case 30 DAYS OF PLAY TIME ON US.

maybe they just expect people to be able to see the sentence structure and get the correct meaning, as it would make zero sense if it was US rather than us.

It's just poor wording all around the announcement. In this case 30 DAYS OF PLAY TIME ON US.

Only an idiot would look at that sentence, and think 30 days of playtime 'on the United States'.

That's not even a turn of phrase.

Edited by Fiachsidhe

It should be everyone who was at launch or has subscribed for a certain period that gets the 30 days free time, we have all played through the game for a few months and those of us with altitus now are being treated as second class players.

I took out a 6 months sub and quite frankly I canceled the recurring sub a few weeks ago (had MMO drain) but re subbed again not long after since on reading on the future of the game I thought the devs were moving in the right direction, so I thought why not re invest in the product to help the game progress.

I like to enjoy the game and play at my own pace but now it seems this is wrong in the eyes of BW, If people like to play one char thats great and its a choice, but for me playing many chars keeps the game more alive and interesting and well the legacy system is based on many alts.

Haven't we all paid for, played and tested the game for you since launch to help try and fix the bugs which appeared, and still continue to do so?

I've seen a lot of post by people saying everyone should have a 50 by now, please remember we all pay for the game to play how we wish and if BW had said you must have over 5 alts at the time of the 12th to get 30 days free time how many with 50s and 1 or 2 alts would feel cheated?

maybe they just expect people to be able to see the sentence structure and get the correct meaning, as it would make zero sense if it was US rather than us.

Well their expectations are not fulfilled, which is kind of ironic.