State of the Galaxy

CourtneyWoods

"The Hutt Cartel is in shambles.."

I'm sure they'll bounce back given the popularity of the cartel market and the strength of cartel coins as a galactic currency

Plus they control the GTN and have an entire wing of each faction's fleet to themselves.

:csw_jabba: HUTT POWAH!!!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But isn't the Cartel Bazaar separate from the BBA? While it may host it it is not one in the same.

Concerning the BBA, I always assumed they were one and the same, especially after the events on Makeb, where the Republic took - supposedly - control of most of the Hutt Cartel's assets. This is further reinforced in this latest "State Of The Galaxy":

(...)

Absorption of the bulk of the Hutt Cartel’s assets after the Makeb debacle brought only short-term gains, and only after the substantial expense necessary to bring those Cartel operations in line with Republic interests and legal codes.

(...)

Many elements of the Cartel that weren’t directly absorbed into the Republic by force are continuing to operate, but with almost no direct cooperation or coordination beyond the continued use of the “Cartel” name.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/state-galaxy

Besides, if they work independently of the main Hutt Cartel, why would they even share a whole area with them?

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I've beaten the game with at least 3 characters and I still feel like I didn't pick up half the stuff on this thread. Also, I'm still confused as to how each of the individual story-lines connect.

For example, are the Republic stories all connected? If so, do these stories conflict with the Imperial story-lines? Or is it that all 8 story-lines happen together and there's 4 heroes on both sides?

An example of this issue would be

the emperor dying. He's supposed to be killed in the knight story-line isn't he? In the sith story-lines I've played he's either alive or only a controlled body of him was killed.

So I really don't know how to look at the story, or how it was intended to be viewed.

There are two major storylines

There is the class storylines from 1 - 50 and there is the Faction Storyline thats from 1 to Endgame.

Both Story arcs interact with each other and all class stories happen at the same time.

The Knight Destroyed the Emperor's body after the Warrior released him from Voss returning the Emperor to his slumber. The Emperor is still alive and if you have a level 55 warrior, you will get a special mail tomorrow after finishing the 2 new flashpoint from "an Old Friend"

This is untrue.

As mentioned SEVERAL times already, the Voice is not the Emperor's main body but actually a part of his essence, an entity he created in order to inhabit other beings, who act as vessels while his TRUE body is supposedly safe from harm.

This is pointed out SEVERAL times during the SW storyline.

* See videos *

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbX71v9H70Q#t=08m23s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbX71v9H70Q#t=21m04s

This is actually incorrect

An interview with Hall Hood with TORWars shortly before Rise of the Hutt Cartel came out confirmed that the Knight destroys the emperor's body but he also stated that it was not his original body, that his true body was destroyed long ago. HIs spirit still remains and he sleeps as an entity until he gains his strength

Edited by MisterBlackJack

and then there's the possibility of WX being alive still.

Oh, and I like how they're giving us an in-game heads up on the state of things regarding both heads of state.

Marr is ruthless, efficient and completely without ambition for the Emperor's throne. An excellent war-time leader, so I foresee something bad happening to him. Sad, really.

i know right if they, have that feeling too, if they do that imma be pissad

pissed and sad at the same time lol

Darth Marr? He looks like the level 50 jug I haven't used since 2012.. You shouldn't have killed Malgus.

and noo, your warrior looks like HIM. not other way aroundd

This is actually incorrect

An interview with Hall Hood with TORWars shortly before Rise of the Hutt Cartel came out confirmed that the Knight destroys the emperor's body but he also stated that it was not his original body, that his true body was destroyed long ago. HIs spirit still remains and he sleeps as an entity until he gains his strength

No offense to Hall Hood, who wrote most of the JK storyline which is by far my favorite in the whole game, but he wasn't the lead writer for the Sith Warrior storyline.

Plus, like I mentioned earlier, here are the videos from the GAME itself...

If you want to contribute, do so by presenting something in the game that clearly states OTHERWISE. Until then, what I said earlier remains.

In other words, to be blunt, I am not incorrect.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

There are two major storylines

There is the class storylines from 1 - 50 and there is the Faction Storyline thats from 1 to Endgame.

Both Story arcs interact with each other and all class stories happen at the same time.

The Knight Destroyed the Emperor's body after the Warrior released him from Voss returning the Emperor to his slumber. The Emperor is still alive and if you have a level 55 warrior, you will get a special mail tomorrow after finishing the 2 new flashpoint from "an Old Friend"

I think I get it now. So, on Alderaan,

winning it for either the republic or empire

would be faction specific, because any republic or empire character can perform these missions? But on the same planet, all the class specific stuff takes place across the board.

It pleases me to see an update on storylines such as this. It gives us an idea as to where we currently stand in the long scheme of things ICly (for those that RP) and what we may be gearing up for. Also, SUPER happy the Empire is gaining some form of figurehead. I feel offing Malgus really hurt the game. You always need the evil and good guy, ya know? Malgus was the poster boy. Now, lets see Marr be what he was!

Not very into PvP, but still excited!

Marr has always been Malgus' superior, along with many others.

The dude is basically the head of the entire Sith army, he had to be.

"Asset R-31 was killed while attempting to negotiate the purchase of potentially-incriminating holorecords from Chancellor Saresh’s time on the planet Taris. The seller was also killed."

My fervent hope is that the Empire and Republic will unite to destroy the evilness that is Saresh! Besides, it's time the Republic lost someone high up for a change.

"Asset R-31 was killed while attempting to negotiate the purchase of potentially-incriminating holorecords from Chancellor Saresh’s time on the planet Taris. The seller was also killed."

My fervent hope is that the Empire and Republic will unite to destroy the evilness that is Saresh! Besides, it's time the Republic lost someone high up for a change.

life of a BH...

Edited by Trooperclay

Jedi knight kills Emperor's main body, his Voice. Since this was second time he lost his Voice in a short period of time, Emperor almost collapsed, to the point he had to abandon his Children. But he is alive. As for jedi, they are unaware of his true form (force entity), so they (and everybody else) believe that they actually killed him in Dark Temple

Technically, the classes do not run concurrently. I'm not sure as to the full order, I just know that Inquisitor happens before Warrior. And Knight may be the very last one. It's the greater events that show this off.

When the Emperor loses his body, he starts possessing people (voices) which Barras tries to pass himself of as. Meaning the Emperor we see on the Throne in that spacestation the Knight is brainwashed on has to die before a certain part of Warrior can occur

Maybe someone should map the class quests. We have big spanning events that are present in each class-run.

Fixed points as it were (Ilum is a fixed point (each class arrives at the same time. Meaning each class quest story has to have ended and they have to be there at the same time

But nothing stops the Inquisitor main quest line to start a year or so before the Warrior one does.

Since we get a few cutscenes showing off the Inquisitor just sitting around in bars and on his ship that could be seen as time-jumps