Shoulder Cannon!?!?

iamthehoyden

•Vanguard: A new ability, Shoulder Cannon, has been added. Shoulder Cannon loads missiles over time which can be fired at an enemy target within 10 meters, depleting 1 charge with each missile launched. When all missiles have been depleted, the ability goes on cooldown for 1.5 minutes.

Oh PLEASE tell me that animation is going to be as awesome as it sounds!!!

The ability sounds cool.

But have to laugh at the thought of a trooper running within 10 meters of something and THAN pulling out a gigantic bazooka to fire missiles at point blank range. But whatever lol.

That's what I thought it was, but it's actually pretty small. Basically a shoulder mounted turret.

That's what I thought it was, but it's actually pretty small. Basically a shoulder mounted turret.

Just watched the video. Yeah not as cool as it sounded. All though assuming the animation is still buggy? Seems like the shoulder mount should rotate up onto the shoulder and shoot straight? Looks dumb how it is now.

Yeah, I feel as if there should be some sort of smoke trail, or at least a glow of the missile as it flies towards the target. Not just a puff of smoke from the launcher and numbers coming out of the target. It should at least look like the rockets from the bounty hunter in some fashion.

This has just made tactics kinda awesome for bursting down DPS and healers in PVP. 7 stacks of off-GCD rockets in addition to your existing damage? Wow.

They held back vanguard DPS in traditional terms for this patch, but shoulder cannon just shat on the notion they were getting balanced.

This has just made tactics kinda awesome for bursting down DPS and healers in PVP. 7 stacks of off-GCD rockets in addition to your existing damage? Wow.

They held back vanguard DPS in traditional terms for this patch, but shoulder cannon just shat on the notion they were getting balanced.

Am definitely trying this out on PTS tonight. Going to try out several different specs and maybe fraps some of them in action. If I do will put them up to view if I get some good footage.

Cause obviously vanguards needed more burst :p

Cause obviously vanguards needed more burst :p

Well tactics did at least. Fire Pulse does decent damage and pulse cannon is awesome aoe but not exactly bursty and both on longer CDs. The shoulder cannon makes tactics intriguing depending on what kind of damage it does. Going to try a lot of tactics specs tonight I think. Came up with an interesting tactics/shield hybrid with ion cell also that would be interesting now that shield offhands work against more attacks.... maybe. Lots of testing needs done of course.

Well tactics did at least. Fire Pulse does decent damage and pulse cannon is awesome aoe but not exactly bursty and both on longer CDs. The shoulder cannon makes tactics intriguing depending on what kind of damage it does. Going to try a lot of tactics specs tonight I think. Came up with an interesting tactics/shield hybrid with ion cell also that would be interesting now that shield offhands work against more attacks.... maybe. Lots of testing needs done of course.

Cool, let us know what you find. My van is pretty much assault spec through and through, and that burst is a lot of fun to play.

Hopefully the shoulder cannon burst is quite a bit. The reason I dislike tactics so much is the complete lack of burst, it was just painful to slowly damage a healer over 15s or whatever, then poof he is 100% hp.

Lol didn't realize how unbelievable broken pvp is on pts. I did one match and couldn't stand it. Was literally being one shot with Project from a sage.

I did have a nice 1 v 1 battle in tactics with a shadow who wasn't cheating. He kinda sucked but I killed him fairly easily. Shoulder cannon is pretty nice. spammin insta missiles every second for around 1500 damage i think.

But pvp was so bad I couldn't do much more then that. My vanguard kept failing to copy so had to level one to 10 and after all that found out how broken pvp was and just lost all motivation to care after that. Might try some pve stuff with tactics tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

one on hand... if I wanted missiles... I would make a mercenary...

but on the other hand, this augments my favorite (aesthetically) playstyle the super combuster 31 tactics 8 plasma assault and makes it the only pure spec that compels me for the class at L55. consider me skeptical yet pleased