[Bug] Hard Mode False Emperor: HK-47

Tried to complete the HK-47 fight on hard mode in the False Emperor flashpoint tonight. HK-47 consistently killed his target after his vanish phase.

We grouped up. We did AOE to knock him out of stealth. We cast cleanse on his intended victim before they died. We cast heals on his victim before they died.

We were unable to prevent the death.

... the things we'll try next time are:

(a) just AOE harder and longer during his stealth phase

(b) have the intended victim run away

© spam heal the intended victim

I don't think the fight is working as intended, which is why I'm reporting it as a bug. Hopefully this post helps someone else out. If anyone knows what we're doing wrong, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks.

I don't believe it can be healed through.

I used to be able to purge it. I cannot now. I don't know if it was the recent patch or if I'm wrong about being able to purge it. I do know I cannot purge it now (sorc with talented purge)

We group hug and AoE. Everybody (even me) targets him with some sort of instant damage. Well, I do shock. Those melee types do whatever it is they do, hah. I run with a regular group and don't even ask.

regardless, the above works for us 100% of the time now.

I still test the purge every other fight, though :\

I don't believe it can be healed through.

I used to be able to purge it. I cannot now. I don't know if it was the recent patch or if I'm wrong about being able to purge it. I do know I cannot purge it now (sorc with talented purge)

We group hug and AoE. Everybody (even me) targets him with some sort of instant damage. Well, I do shock. Those melee types do whatever it is they do, hah. I run with a regular group and don't even ask.

regardless, the above works for us 100% of the time now.

I still test the purge every other fight, though :\

The reason purge fails is because its neither a force nor a physical ability but it's a tech one.

Get some other class to do it, I heard BH have tech cleanse

What really bugs me about this fight is when someone gets insta-killed at stealth. I have no idea why that happens, and no it's not enrage.

In any case, KuS is a far better source of a MH weapon now and is shorter flashpoint to boot, so if you have your Columi tier chest I suggest you bid farewell to HM-FE, as I have.

Edited by pokstair

At least you can fight him. The last two times I've gone he's been bugged and doesn't spawn.

If this happens you need to go and click on the door again and not space-bar through the cinematic. I've had this happen 8 or 9 times and it's a very simple fix.

If this happens you need to go and click on the door again and not space-bar through the cinematic. I've had this happen 8 or 9 times and it's a very simple fix.

Actually, you can space bar it, just get everyone to mash 1, then he spawns.

from what i've seen he's doing his "sap" and "hidden strike" to the same person each vanish. We normally just power through it an I (DPS Op) battle rez the person dropped. I've yet to see him 2 shot our tanks though.

I want to say though I've survived it as an Op, but any time he vanishs I pop my up Sheild Probe, after the first couple seconds pop Evasion (if he's not outta stealth yet), and I come out if he "double taps" me with about 20% HP (sitting around 16.5k-17k hp buffed I believe). At the same time, I've seen him take out a BH healer from full lol.

also as for purges, I know Ops (and IA in general I believe) get a tech purge. I'd assume BHs have one as well, but only have a lvl 10 so not sure.

also, when in doubt, run back. You spawn right at the fight. We've beat him several times (couple seconds after enrage while kiting) having people just run back in. Note though that if the person tries to run back in and does NOT get in before the kill, they will not get loot.

But hey, he's basically an Operative so he should get the nerf along with me in 1.1.1 :p

Edited by chillinvillain

Here is what he does:

1) Stealth

2) Sap

3) Stealth

4) Massive purple fruit minus a g

You just AE after step 3 and no one will ever die.

He's a very simple boss.

This. He is really easy. Yes during the stealth phase it may hurt, but its not broken. Its honestly stupid easy (then again we're in rakata).

If you happen to have a Sage in your group you can have them use rescue(basically lifegrip and pulls a party member to the caster) on the player that was stunned and they will survive. You have to be careful when doing this though because if someone else is in range HK will simply target them instead.

With this strat I use rescue for the first vanish and on the 2nd I simply battle rez.

Edited by aramada

I feel like a nublet reading all this advice. We never do anything besides just AoE the second he goes invis first time, someone always gets hit by that attack.

However, no one dies anymore unless I screw up with throwing my shield spell on everyone right when he goes invis.

From my experience it's really pretty simple.

Group up the moment he stealths and someone has to pop an instant aoe to knock him out of stealth. When he jumps back into stealth, I, as a JK Guardian simple force sweep, knocks him back out and continue dps.