I Hate Mako....

AhsokaTanorules

Actually, I've found that the only one that doesn't fit in with the crew is Skadge. He's way too bloodthirsty for everyone else.

But, when you come to think of it, the Bounty Hunter crew is sort of an analogue to the crew of Serenity. The BH is Mal, Gault is Wash, Mako is Kaylee, Torian is Zoe, Skadge is Jayne, and Blizz is River. Okay, I'm stretching on that last one, but he is a lot of awesome in a small, unassuming package.

*sets down lunch*

*flips over desk*

I will never be able to unthink this again.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...
I am wondering how she reacts

to you killing the Jedi Master's padawan at the end of Ch1. I had Gault with me who approved. I just imagine Mako being like "Oh boohoo how could you? You monster! We're done...I..oh wait, Bioware won't let me quit"

I was wondering. Does anyone have a video for this...

Where you kill Thendys Noori on Aurora with Mako at your side and her reaction? I just wanna see how badly she whines.

I was wondering. Does anyone have a video for this...

Where you kill Thendys Noori on Aurora with Mako at your side and her reaction? I just wanna see how badly she whines.

Search for it on Youtube, but she basically goes "She was no threat to you." That's all she really says about it.

• 1 year later...

Time to resurrect this damn thread again...

Spoilers for BH storyline on Rishi.

One...hate that Crysta is dead and they replaced her with a lackluster daughter character. Does this have anything to do with the whole recycling of voice actors? Didn't think a husky southern accent would be that hard to duplicate.

Two...hate that Mako was forced to come with you in this. Constantly bore a reminder into my skull that you never get to romance Crysta and that this weak, little, whiny Meg Griffin wannabe **** is the only romanceable female character for your male BH.

Mako continues to enunciate her whiny, preachy self righteous attitude whe you finally decide to seal the contraband deal with Thera at the end. GROAN!!!!

I so wish there was this choice:

Thera: Is she going to be a problem?

My BH: *Blaster shot to the back of Mako's head* Nope!

• 1 month later...

Okay, I feel like I have to say something.

Now, several people here have claimed that Mako is a bad Bounty Hunter companion, and would be better as an agent.

But when I break down her character, the roles agents and Bounty Hunters can take, as well as the Agent's own companions, I see a little thing.

Namely, that Mako would be a worse companion for an Agent than a Bounty Hunter.

First, let's break down the role of a Bounty Hunter. Main job: a mercenary, gun-for-hire, person you pay money to go hunt a guy down. However, I feel the most important thing there is how they are a mercenary. An independent, freelance guy. They choose for themselves how they do their work. It's not strictly killing people. They can choose to bring them in alive, protect high-profile people, and more. And even when not adverse to killing, there is a range of those who go after anyone they can, or choose to focus only on their target, not involving third parties. Ultimately, the Empire may hire them, but Bounty Hunters are about doing what they want, not what their employers want.

Now, an Agent. Follower of the Empire, assassin, info gatherer, person who obeys their superiors without question. Put simply, they actually are a direct part of the empire, rather than someone simply hired. And with the Empire being the way it is, there is much less leeway on what they can do. The Sith want their followers to obey them without question. And frequently, their orders are underhanded or outright evil actions. They care little for honor, only caring for sheer pragmatism and doing what is to the Empire's benefit, not caring who must die for that to happen. And an Agent can't avoid it. If a Bounty Hunter is told, "kill this guy", they can say no and walk away. If an Agent is told to kill a guy, they can't refuse. If they say no, they'll probably be executed.

Now, let's break down Mako's character. She has a strong moral character, and doesn't like pointless evil actions. The only occasions she likes dark side actions are when the target deserves it, and the client is not a lying jerk. Otherwise, she prefers more peaceful actions, and going against clients who lie to you or who sent you against targets who are decent people. But at the same time, she is also very much a mercenary. She likes getting paid, and telling people that you don't work for the Empire. Put simply, high morals and no loyalty to the Empire... which makes her a poor choice for an Agent.

Now let's look at the Agent's companions and how they get by. In the totalitarian Empire who crushes insubordination and is ruthless towards enemies, you need qualities to get by.

In the case of Kaliyo and SCORPIO, there is amorality. They may not be loyal, they may be anarchists, and they may not like the Empire all that much, but the work is stuff they can get behind. In the dark and evil Empire, work frequently involves killing people or causing problems for them, which is exactly the type of stuff these psycho girls enjoy doing. They may be in it simply for the money and are chaotic people who relish in trouble, but Imperial work offers opportunities to do that ad get paid.

As for Temple and Vector, they are more honorable and nicer people who don't like doing bad things. So how do they get by? The answer is loyalty. They are loyal to the Empire, and will ultimately stick by even in spite of the darkness. This willingness to stick to them in spite of moral differences is what helps them be decent companions eve though the Empire's general methods aren't in line with their personal code.

Mako has neither of these qualities. She has high moral standards, and would not like the Empire's methods, and would probably get angry with them very regularly. She would not enjoy that kind of work, especially with a job that leaves her with little room to say "no". And she is not loyal to the Empire at all. She only is okay with taking jobs from them for the sake of credits. If she were to join Intelligence, it would probably be for the same reasons as Kaliyo: money.

So basically, she has nothing that you'd need to survive being an Agent. She has neither the morals (or rather, the lack thereof) nor the patriotism needed to put up with the Empire's work. She is a better fit for the Bounty Hunter, because that kind of mercenary life not only means she can get paid, but means she can have room to practice her morals, by only taking jobs she wants to take, and doing said jobs the way she wants to do them.

If Mako was an Agent companion I could picture her as one of those intelligence gathering busybodies who stays in the background, provides info but otherwise keeps her mouth shut. Sure you might lose reputation when you do bad things and during convo scenes she might reveal some of ehr fears and trepidations, but I don't see her being too different than Temple.

Meanwhile all that stuff you typed about Bounty Hunters and mercenaries seems to apply more to the bounty hunters of the real world like Dog the Bounty Hunter. Bounty hunters in the Star Wars universe always struck me as pretty grim, blood thirsty and murderous. Even in a TV series meant for a younger audience (Star Wars the Clone Wars) the bounty hunters in that always seemed like a grim, amoral lot who always rack up some sort of body count in any chapter they appear. I mean could you picture Mako stomaching work with Cad Bane or Aurra Sing?

I have asked in the past whether there truly are any bounty hunters in the Star Wars universe who are actually honorable and nice. If you can link me some, please do.

If Mako was an Agent companion I could picture her as one of those intelligence gathering busybodies who stays in the background, provides info but otherwise keeps her mouth shut. Sure you might lose reputation when you do bad things and during convo scenes she might reveal some of ehr fears and trepidations, but I don't see her being too different than Temple.

Meanwhile all that stuff you typed about Bounty Hunters and mercenaries seems to apply more to the bounty hunters of the real world like Dog the Bounty Hunter. Bounty hunters in the Star Wars universe always struck me as pretty grim, blood thirsty and murderous. Even in a TV series meant for a younger audience (Star Wars the Clone Wars) the bounty hunters in that always seemed like a grim, amoral lot who always rack up some sort of body count in any chapter they appear. I mean could you picture Mako stomaching work with Cad Bane or Aurra Sing?

I have asked in the past whether there truly are any bounty hunters in the Star Wars universe who are actually honorable and nice. If you can link me some, please do.

I actually know one Bounty Hunter who, when you look at his history, is a pretty decent guy.

Believe it or not, it's Boba Fett. The most iconic Bounty Hunter in all of Star Wars. Sure, he worked for the Empire and Jabba the Hutt, but he did have a personal and strict code of honor.

I actually know one Bounty Hunter who, when you look at his history, is a pretty decent guy.

Believe it or not, it's Boba Fett. The most iconic Bounty Hunter in all of Star Wars. Sure, he worked for the Empire and Jabba the Hutt, but he did have a personal and strict code of honor.

Also, having code of honor doesn't stop you from racking high body count. Just look at the amount of people you are forced to kill during the story, even if you try to avoid it as best you can.

For me it was pretty simple. Follow contract to the letter, don't kill bystanders, don't turn on your client, obliterate anyone who tries to kill you. Lightside 3 for teh win :rak_09:

• 2 years later...

Well I didn't play as BH for some time but after the changes my Warrior go aside since the ravage joke.

But really I whish that they would put to game possibility of killing the companion. After few hours with Mako I would like to burn her or attach Thermal detonator to her head or overload her implants:D

I mean she is so freaking annoing. I don't use her normally but in many cut scenes of story she must be and then she is irritating as hell. So sometimes I start heroic ,attach few opponents and Sacrifice her just to see her *** kicked:D:D:D

Just to add to the necro party we have here......;)

Mako is the most inconsistent wench so far. So it's perfectly fine to kill the people she wants dead but anybody else is no dice? OK, you get to keep the engines warm for the rest of the game and be my crafting monkey.

I currently have the choice of Gault and HK-51 so they'll do nicely instead. I know HK-51 doesn't mind me actually doing bounty hunter stuff, especially when the contract is to KILL my target. My gal is all about the contract. Disintegrations for everybody!

Thats the point. Not only she is annoing but also she actually is uselles as healer or damage.

Even when she is geared properly.

But there is few possibilities of interraction with companion like dancing or sacrifive so maybe it would be great to place also kick in the ***. Imaging when she upset you ,You just kick her:D:D:D:D

My love for her is so high I intentionally degraded her : skimpy dancer outfit, weaponless, bare feets... and she stays in the ship. I only lack the prisonner collar from belsavis to complete the slave outfit...

She wants the money !

She doesn't like authority figures !

She is so smart and resourceful !

She likes when you take a job and are smart about it !

She doesn't want you to kill people, except those SHE want dead.

Seriously, I mainly play a noble, lightside Bounty Hunter, with a good heart but also an incorruptible nature (ironic, for a gun for hire) : If she can help, she will, but if she is paid to kill you, you will die. No exception. No compromise. No Mako. She agrees with everything I do EXCEPT fulfilling contracts... Why did she decide to become a Bounty Hunter ? And she has the nerve to say, after agreeing with me during the whole quest : "Whe don't have to be as cruel as Tarro Blood to be Bounty Hunters". Really ? Tarro ? The must douchey and unfair opponent in the whole game ? Well missy, I'm a decent person, overall caring, loving and all that... but go dance half naked in that corner please... perhaps you will reconsider what "cruel" is and why killing someone your paid to kill is perfectly fine (in that line of work).

If only I could make Skadge suffer the same treatment... on the other hand, seeing him in the dancer outfit would be an horrible sight to behold.

Edited by Myrmicus

Like every other vanilla companion, she's either light or dark. As she's light, she generally doesn't like it when you do "dark" stuff. To my (LS and female) BH, they're besties.

It's quite refreshing on my pub trooper having the first companion actually liking stuff I do. Saves on gifts anyway.

Kind of a nod to the I Hate Kaliyo Post but...

Yea. This character seems just about as OOC with the BH as Kaliyo is to the IA. I would definitely want these two to switch classes. MY BH would totally romance Kaliyo while my IA who I rp as resourceful would see Mako as an asset.

Mako is too much of a pacifist. You are expected to kill a lot of people early in the game, particularly with the Great Hunt tournament and she is pretty much preaching that we shouldn't hurt anyone. She is kind of whiiny too (the Meg Griffin of SWTor)) and I think my BH, the way I rp him, might have even killed her by now. You would expect an orphan like her who grew up rough with hunters would have more of an attitude. Even Kira Carsen for the JK is more tough and attitudinal.

Romance Miss K ? NEVER ! She's everything a man should avoid, if he knows what's good for him,lol.

Edited by notanjelika

My male BH married Mako... for the sole purpose of seeing her face when he breaks up with her. :p

He's with Lana now.

I like this. Delightfully wicked.

My BH is female though so she's nailing a Mando Mako liked..........I was hoping it would lead to a cat fight where Mako "fell" out of the airlock.

That reminds me I need to try and escape from my ship at some point, never have tried clicking on the escape hatch.

• 8 months later...
God damn it Bioware. Bad enough I couldn't kill Mako but she wasn't refusable either like Corso was??? Seriously is Mako based off of one of the designers' daughters or unrequited loves or did Lucas put a no kill clause on her like he did with Luke, Leia and Han back in Legends?

gosh darn it Bioware. Bad enough I couldn't kill Mako but she wasn't refusable either like Corso was??? Seriously is Mako based off of one of the designers' daughters or unrequited loves or did Lucas put a no kill clause on her like he did with Luke, Leia and Han back in Legends?

Wait you couldn't refuse to recruit her? That's...odd. I can see why she's not killable but you can't refuse her help? :confused: