Game is fubar for over 7+ hours now and no Bioware?

TrixxieTriss

The level of vitriol coming from the 'you're just entitled' side is always amusing. You'd swear they were an angry dev's account but it couldn't possibly be, as even BioWare seem to forget this place exists for most of the time :D

I'm not demanding anything, I'm way beyond that knowing how they operate. Some extra double xp time would be nice though, there's ALWAYS something with this game at the worst times.

Mind if i steal....ahem, i mean "borrow" your car? You only payed like 2 cents per mile for it you can't expect to have access to it whenever you want.

What happens when it breaks down after hours? Are there many 24hr repair shops around you? Tow trucks run all night, but good luck finding a mechanic that does, too.

So --- how much "on demand" support do you expect for what amounts to half a cent an hour payment?

IF you are actually paying it.

You are free of course, to go to those games offering that awesome customer service -- they are, according to you, the majority - so, you should have lots of options.

Why don't you check out Bethesda-- I bet they would be EXACTLY what you are looking for! ::s*****r::

You know what I expect? I expect to be able to log into the game no matter how much I spend on it each month.Just like I expect the movie theater to play the movie properly for mere cents per minute or my internet to work for mere cents per minute.

And anyone typing here is paying it. You can't post on the forums if you aren't.

So --- how much "on demand" support do you expect for what amounts to half a cent an hour payment?

IF you are actually paying it.

You are free of course, to go to those games offering that awesome customer service -- they are, according to you, the majority - so, you should have lots of options.

Why don't you check out Bethesda-- I bet they would be EXACTLY what you are looking for! ::s*****r::

Presumably people expect on demand support that amounts to the product they're paying for working, rather than being broken. If you think it's normal for the game to be unplayable despite it being a paid product, then in your world, to make things fair, we should be able to skip days or weeks worth of payment and have our sub keep going regardless. That's the rough equivalent. But of course we don't have that option because they ask for the entire month's worth upfront and attempt to sell you on even more than that. Meanwhile, they fail to provide the entire month's worth on their end.

We uphold our end of the bargain when we pay for a month or more of sub. We don't exactly have a choice in the matter. And you think it's unreasonable to ask them to hold up theirs?

You know what I expect? I expect to be able to log into the game no matter how much I spend on it each month.Just like I expect the movie theater to play the movie properly for mere cents per minute or my internet to work for mere cents per minute.

And yet, MANY times all those you posted have issues. You don't get free internet time if you lose internet, even for days. You just deal.

Same here. Check mate on that point.

And anyone typing here is paying it. You can't post on the forums if you aren't.

Incorrect. Anyone who clicks a referral link gets 7 days free sub time which means access to these forums & unless they've recently shut down the forums, sometimes you keep access to the forums for days/weeks after your sub time drops.

Incorrect. Anyone who clicks a referral link gets 7 days free sub time which means access to these forums & unless they've recently shut down the forums, sometimes you keep access to the forums for days/weeks after your sub time drops.

They give away paid time it's the same as paid time. If they don't manage it, that's their problem.

And yet, MANY times all those you posted have issues. You don't get free internet time if you lose internet, even for days. You just deal.

How is it checkmate to point out that ISPs also have a reputation for doing a crappy job providing the product consistently? Also, some ISPs will attempt to woo you with a better deal if you threaten to leave and in my experience, will send somebody out to fix it if you're having problems (though they will of course try to brush you off with power cycling and the like first), so it's not as though they just meander around and put forth no effort. In fact, in writing this, I'm realizing just how bad this product is that comparing it to internet (some of the worst I've seen of persistent issues at certain times), ISPs still tend to do a better job with what they have in place to manage downtime and issues. And SWTOR is likely taking thousands of dollars a month from some people, in microtransactions.

Is it appropriate to expect that if the service you pay for goes down for several hours, that you will -- as a customer -- at least get a courtesy acknowledgment that there is a known issue and that it will be addressed without having to deal with several hours of silence? Or is that even too much to expect? Asking for a friend....

'Murican huh? Speak for yourself, that's what happens when you allow ISP's to monopolize areas.:p

how dare the devs sleep, chain them to their desks and feed them trough an iv

That’s what an intern is for ;)

When something breaks, they should contact who ever is on call. ALL IT companies have people on call 24/7, wether it’s remotely or on site.

The issue here is no one was there at all, not even a lowly intern or underpaid child worker to watch the forums when the devs are a sleep.

In the past when the servers have had issues when the US is asleep, Musco has usually been on it in a matter of hours and it’s usually fixed soon after. In this case, they didn’t even respond for 8-9 hours and then another 6+ till it was fixed.

Someone was a sleep at the wheel or there is no one watching for these problems anymore. Neither bode well for any future issues when the devs are a sleep, on holidays or it’s the weekend.

Actually that’s not entirely correct. In Australia, there are many ISPs who do this. I’ve had free months, weeks, days or hours added for down time that wasn’t my fault. It all depends on what the problem was, when the problem was, how long the problem was or how often the problem kept re-occurring.

Of course there are crap ISPs that would gladly let you go two weeks with no internet and not give you one free second of time.

It comes down to the quality of the company and their attitude towards customer service and how much they value their customers.

Unfortunately for us, Bioware always seem the be the second type of “ISP”.

I don't know what kind of garbage ISP you have in your area but--as much as I hate to defend them--Comcast has always reimbursed me in some way if the Internet or TV is down for an extended time. Usually all you need to do is call them and say something. Just here a few weeks ago my cable box went out on a Sat. night. I called, set up a tech appointment for Monday, and the girl knocked $17 off my next bill. Multiple times now they've given me bill credit for downtime.

I clearly remember when a huge internet provider here in Australia had a massive outage for a day and gave all customers one free day of free data downloads to compensate for this outage, there were people literally downloading 100's of GB's of free data during this.

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

I clearly remember when a huge internet provider here in Australia had a massive outage for a day and gave all customers one free day of free data downloads to compensate for this outage, there were people literally downloading 100's of GB's of free data during this.

I am in australia. Ours was out for 2 weeks after a storm. Zero compensation for that despite many frustrating hours on the phone to tech support.

Not all ISPs do it and those that do - only when they feel like it or when it effects more then one small community as it did with our small town.

Not all ISPs do it and those that do - only when they feel like it or when it effects more then one small community as it did with our small town.

They do it also for good publicity for the company to give the appearance that they care, this company definitely made sure all the news outlets now about what they were doing and how the big bad company is doing one for the little guys. Having lived in rural QLD I do agree that in those smaller areas/towns it's another kettle of fish altogether, you're pretty much invisible out there when you connection has problems. In big cities? Yeah they'll sort you out in a day or two, 10 hour drive out west? You don't exist for at least 2-4 weeks until someone can reach you.

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

I am in australia. Ours was out for 2 weeks after a storm. Zero compensation for that despite many frustrating hours on the phone to tech support.

Please tell me you aren’t with Telstra ;)

At that stage it was TPG.

With Aussie broadband now since changing over to fibreoptic.

AussieBB has been great until recently. They’ve recently started routing me through Telstra and it’s deplorable. So I’ve signed up to Superloop till ABB sort out their expansion pains.

AussieBB has been great until recently. They’ve recently started routing me through Telstra and it’s deplorable. So I’ve signed up to Superloop till ABB sort out their expansion pains.

The things you do for this game. If BW had 1/10 the devotion you do to SWTOR, this game would be riding on a wave of success greater than WOW ever had. :p

The problem happened while everyone was sleeping in Texas.

I'm sure they'll be on it when they get to the office.

Charging customers for a 24/7 service means it is wholly necessary to have a 24/7 response to any interruptions to that service.

That "they were sleeping in Texas" is not even close to be on the same planet as an acceptable excuse.

All The Best

I mean, i don't know much about SWTOR, but i recently found out Bioware screwed themselves over in 3 out of 3 of their latest games. EA offered them an extra year for Andromeda and they refused, they gave them 5 years or something for Anthem and they got NOTHING done until EA stepped in on the last year and aksed for results, Dragon Age 4's whole project got a reboot in 2018 after 1 or 2 years of work

The level of mismanagement from BW's suits is Obsidian level

Links please because I think you have that completely backwards. The problem with Bioware is EA. The truth is:

"BioWare's Mass Effect Andromeda is scheduled to come out by the end of EA's current fiscal year, meaning it will be out by the end of March 2017. However, during an earnings call today, EA CFO Blake Jorgensen said EA would delay the game if it [EA] felt it needed more time to make it better.

Anthem "

"At that point, Anthem’s action was a lot more like Mass Effect: Andromeda’s (which was the strongest part of that game). But that did not impress Soderlund. To win him over, BioWare came up with a flying mechanic. Soderlund loved that."

The monetization, the pumping out games before they're ready has nothing to do with the devs. It has everything to do with EA and the bottom line.