Merc or Sorc

Wildkatt

So is the Merc a main healer in this game or are they supposed to be a support healer. I felt kinda confused about it all. It looks pretty legit but my heals seem inredably weak. granted im only level 12 but my scn doesn't even heal 25%

Also since i plan to play a healer i was curious as to how hard it is to level as one solo.

I also have a level 8 Inquis and im planning on going scorc for healing on her to test the two out so if someones already done that... and has some opinions id love to hear them :D

You dont really become a really good healer until you have three pionts in Critical Efficiency and then it becomes a cake walk with Kolto Shield.

Until then, it is a struggle with heat.

I cant really compare against a Sorc... I've never been paired with one, but it looks like they rely on hots? I dunno.

You dont really become a really good healer until you have three pionts in Critical Efficiency and then it becomes a cake walk with Kolto Shield.

Until then, it is a struggle with heat.

I cant really compare against a Sorc... I've never been paired with one, but it looks like they rely on hots? I dunno.

HoTs- that would be operative.

There is no "main" healers. All 3 healers are capable of healing all content currently in the game, they just go about it different ways.

I know this might not make sense to some people who have only been playing "that other MMO", or who are new to MMOs in general, buy SwTor is moving away from those archaic, and stagnant, traditions.

Playing as a healer is really fun and easy, you do lack an in game rez as mentioned before, however you still can do a fair amount of dps. Also heat gets progressively easier to manage with more points in some of the healing tree items. I plan on re speccing as a healer when I reach cap.

I think Mercs will be preferred on long fights (yeah, I know "Everything is equal but different" but progression guilds will always find something that gives one class an edge in certain fights) because at the end of a fight, they have the same access to their resource as they do at the beginning of the fight. Yeah, Force regenerates pretty quickly, but Sorcs don't have anywhere near the synergy between Rapid Shots (free instant small heal to fill your rotation, let heat dissipate, and build CSC charges), Supercharged Gas, and Healing Scan (quick heal with a low enough cost to be spammable with Supercharged Gas). Add in Vent Heat and a couple talents in the Bodyguard tree and your resource bar goes from being very easy to manage to something you don't have to think too much about (if you know the class mechanics, of course).