Livestream - 3/13 @ 2PM PT

EricMusco

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

We are planning to have a livestream tomorrow afternoon at 2PM PT. Charles and myself will be there talking Game Update 5.8! Tune in and chat with us for giveaways and more. Twitch.tv/swtor.

-eric

Wonderful to hear Eric, I will be tuning in if I remember to.

I was also wondering, would you guys ever be willing to do a proper Q&A? Like, a week, a couple of days ahead of the stream gather questions posted either here or via Twitter (perhaps Twitter is best as the forums tend to derail a lot), and select 10-15 of those to be answered on stream? I've noticed during the actual stream, many questions often either get overlooked or ignored. In my opinion, it would feel far more like having a discussion with you guys, rather than being talked to by you guys, you know?

In any case, looking forward to it!

• Dev Post
Wonderful to hear Eric, I will be tuning in if I remember to.

I was also wondering, would you guys ever be willing to do a proper Q&A? Like, a week, a couple of days ahead of the stream gather questions posted either here or via Twitter (perhaps Twitter is best as the forums tend to derail a lot), and select 10-15 of those to be answered on stream? I've noticed during the actual stream, many questions often either get overlooked or ignored. In my opinion, it would feel far more like having a discussion with you guys, rather than being talked to by you guys, you know?

In any case, looking forward to it!

It depends on the stream. Sometimes the stream focuses more on "showcasing" content, other times it is more about having that back and forth and answering questions. Last stream was just a pretty quick intro before handing the reins to SWTOR Central for a Gods From the Machine stream. This time we are going to do a longer stream, talk a bit more in-depth about 5.8, and definitely take more questions!

Will you be talking/answering questions about the new augments even if it's 5.9 related?

Yes and no. The focus of the stream is really on 5.8, and we definitely plan on releasing the augment details after 5.8 is out the door. Typically we try to address questions related to the update/topic of stream but we definitely try to snag a few outliers on other topics to hit as well. Outside of general questions though, detailed info on the augments isn't planned for the stream.

-eric

Yes and no. The focus of the stream is really on 5.8, and we definitely plan on releasing the augment details after 5.8 is out the door. Typically we try to address questions related to the update/topic of stream but we definitely try to snag a few outliers on other topics to hit as well. Outside of general questions though, detailed info on the augments isn't planned for the stream.

-eric

One thing you could do is offer some assurances that you are looking into how the new Augments will affect the gear balance in pvp. Just knowing you are discussing it internally would help alleviate some anxiety over a whole new gear gap and more gear gear gods, like we had before you increased Bolster.

IMO, increasing Bolster again would be the best fix, maybe to 246 or 248.

But as long as we know the topic is on the radar and not being over looked because no one has considered there might be unforeseen problems, then that’s a start.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I plan on watching the livestream and will be posing my question about returning companions there as well. I'd really just like to know that the team is aware of the lack of comments and non-moving lips, and that they are working on fixing it. Since a companion (in my opinion, the best companion) is returning in 5.8 I feel that the question is absolutely on topic.

I plan on watching the livestream and will be posing my question about returning companions there as well. I'd really just like to know that the team is aware of the lack of comments and non-moving lips, and that they are working on fixing it. Since a companion (in my opinion, the best companion) is returning in 5.8 I feel that the question is absolutely on topic.

Unfortunately it appears that Keith doesn't care about the companions that aren't Lana, Theron, or Arcann. In fact it appears that he only cares about what he plays when he plays this game which is PvP and Ops. Which is fine, I suppose, for PvP and Ops people, but the fact that he can't even acknowledge that there's an issue coming from us "story scrubs" speaks volumes about how much he cares about the one thing that made SWTOR an awesome game.

It's such a shame, too. I loved this game. I loved Vector. I loved most of the vanilla companions. I loved the story (Pre KotFE/ET). But that love is, clearly, unrequited.

There wasn't really much about Conquest other than what the new tabs look like (solo Conquest vs Guild Invasion tabs) and the invaded planets with their planetary yield (large, medium, small).

What I'd like to know is if the planets will always be the same for a given conquest week or will they alternate? Say Alderaan is Large yield on a current conquest week. The next time the same conquest comes around will it still be Large yield or is it possible it could be Medium or Small yield?

Unfortunately it appears that Keith doesn't care about the companions that aren't Lana, Theron, or Arcann. In fact it appears that he only cares about what he plays when he plays this game which is PvP and Ops. Which is fine, I suppose, for PvP and Ops people, but the fact that he can't even acknowledge that there's an issue coming from us "story scrubs" speaks volumes about how much he cares about the one thing that made SWTOR an awesome game.

It's such a shame, too. I loved this game. I loved Vector. I loved most of the vanilla companions. I loved the story (Pre KotFE/ET). But that love is, clearly, unrequited.

I didn't get to watch it, but I get the impression Keith is a Pvp and Ops focused player when he plays. He doesn't seem particularly in tune with the story players. In fairness, it doesn't seem like the PvP or Ops players have been thrilled with the new content either. Maybe he's still trying to find the balance? I'm trying to be patient, and understanding, but I haven't loved any of the content lately.

Correction: I really do like the Traitor Among the Chiss fp.

Edited by DuchessKristania

Hey folks,

We are planning to have a livestream tomorrow afternoon at 2PM PT. Charles and myself will be there talking Game Update 5.8! Tune in and chat with us for giveaways and more. Twitch.tv/swtor.

-eric

Be there or be square?

Of course I’ll be there first time for everything I want to ask a question about weekly passes returning will they?

I didn't get to watch it, but I get the impression Keith is a Pvp and Ops focused player when he plays. He doesn't seem particularly in tune with the story players. In fairness, it doesn't seem like the PvP or Ops players have been thrilled with the new content either. Maybe he's still trying to find the balance? I'm trying to be patient, and understanding, but I haven't loved any of the content lately.

Correction: I really do like the Traitor Among the Chiss fp.

There's finding balance, and then there's just outright ignoring those of us who aren't dudebros when we bring up a very valid concern about how the companions' mouths aren't moving, they don't say combat barks, and they don't say their ambient stuff anymore.

He could, at the very least, acknowledge us. Even better, he can get it fixed. But I have a feeling that this is the new "Courting Gifts" issue. Something they just don't care about and have no desire to fix it because it's not affecting Lana, Theron, or Arcann.

There's finding balance, and then there's just outright ignoring those of us who aren't dudebros when we bring up a very valid concern about how the companions' mouths aren't moving, they don't say combat barks, and they don't say their ambient stuff anymore.

He could, at the very least, acknowledge us. Even better, he can get it fixed. But I have a feeling that this is the new "Courting Gifts" issue. Something they just don't care about and have no desire to fix it because it's not affecting Lana, Theron, or Arcann.

I hope you're wrong, and I don't mean that in a snarky way. I share some of your concerns though. I will continue to bring it up and try to be polite and respectful when I do. I'm hoping the saying "more flies with honey than vinegar" proves true with devs as well.

Eric, could you please pass our concerns on to the team? I want to enjoy the game to its fullest. In fact, I have spent many hours just hopping around Copero, exploring the map, but the companions are an important part of the game and it's not fun to see them returning broken.

Very underwhelming stream. Information was stark and didn’t really answer anything much,

We couldn’t even see Matt properly as he was half stuck behind Musco, who had to look over his own shoulder to even talk to him.

Couldn’t they give you a bigger room, table and camera setup. Has Anthem taken up every nook and cranny of the building that they needed to put you in the janitors closet?

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I had advertised this livestream on my guild site and encouraged my members to participate as I wasn't able to attend. (The last one we participated in was a blast as my guild was able to queue up a premade team against Eric and his merry band.) Unfortunately, my guild members reported that this one was lame. No PvP match, the livestream was reportedly half as long as the last one, and the information from the Q&A was scant at best. It sounds like a missed opportunity to stir up some excitement amongst the player base. Hope you guys can spare more time next time.

Bit of a wall of text coming in to share my thoughts, apologies in advance for the read.

I'm a little disappointed with the streams of late. There seems to be so much "This is coming but we can't tell you more than that!". In fact, the majority of the stream consists of "We can't say" when personally, I tune in to hear about those things that cannot be said yet. I tune in with the hope we'll finally get some really wonderful news or at the very least some decent and good questions and concerns answered.

Take Vector and Ashara--they were discussed yes, to the extent of "They're coming back but we won't spoil more than that!" which, okay, fair but we already knew that. I didn't need to watch the Livestream for that.

I don't care about Charles' beard, no offense. I don't care about anyone's obsession with Eric and Kai Zykken which is a running gag that got old over a year ago. Again, no offense but that's not what I tune in for. Jokes and funning are fine and well, I love a good chuckle, but there's a place and time for it and it shouldn't become a constant overshadowing aspect to having an informative and well-organized stream.

Try and have a look at the streams Ion Hazzikostas and Josh Allen do for Warcraft, their Q&A's. Yes, I'm aware, it's a different game and a different company but that doesn't mean their good example couldn't or shouldn't be followed. No, they're not perfect and flawless either but those streams are a whole lot more informative and at times even humbling when it comes to discussing implemented changes/new features that didn't pan out quite as well as they'd hoped.

I feel revived after watching those streams, I feel player questions and concerns are answered, that the community is being heard. But after watching a SWTOR stream? I rarely feel I learned anything new I didn't already know, I feel frustrated that certain things are not being addressed, I hate seeing so many questions posed in chat and only the simplest, usually unrelated, ones get cherry-picked to answer. Which I understand, you want to control the narrative and you don't want to cross any lines discussing subjects any higher-ups may not want discussed yet but I hope you can understand how frustrating that becomes for people who are literally thirsting for genuine good news, something to be excited about, something to go ga-ga over for the next weeks/months until it's implemented.

Thing is, I want to feel like this game and its state matters to you guys. That our concerns, our questions, our feedback, that the community matters to you guys. In the recent months, the overall vibe (at least as I've experienced within my circles) toward this game hasn't been good. I'm not even talking about throwaway blog/article posts but vocal dissent and disappointment on the forums, on other social media, in-game itself when talking to players, even when I hear SWTOR discussed in other games/platforms. That is not the time to sit around for thirty minutes of lols and giggles on a stream, which only further fans frustration because that makes it feel you don't even care or think it's all just a laughing matter. It's the time to get real for once.

I'm not hating. I do hope, and in ways believe, you guys are doing the best you can, I try to hold on to that even when disappointment sets in but I also feel criticism is needed at times when there's room for improvement. I get it may not be as simple as that, there may be other factors at play that we're unaware of but I would really like to see a proper, good, even semi-serious stream again.

Answer questions, even the hard ones. Get real with the player base, down to earth, cop to bad decisions if there were any rather than speak of them as treasures, give us something tangible, something good. Something that's actually news to leave us with the feeling afterward of "Oh my God that was so cool, wow, I'm so excited I can't wait until this goes live!". I personally love that feeling and in the past year, I've unfortunately not really experienced it. Which is said out of love and passion for the game, not out of hatred toward the Dev team and company.

And, as a side note, perhaps for once drive your attention toward the players who are NOT avid podcasters, Youtubers, Livestreamers and whatever special title you hold for a couple of those folks. No disrespect to them, of course, but every other player is just as valid. The questions from those other players deserve answers as much as those of some podcaster do--be it here on the forums, on Reddit or during a stream. Be more inclusive. Heck, if you want to share the awesomeness of your playerbase, perhaps step out to Deviantart for once and pick a bunch of art at random to showcast, give those people some love as well. Fan-orientated tumblrs about companions, story aspects, the game itself. Those guys, and us, we're fans too even if we've chosen not to, or can't, podcast/livestream/youtube the game at every turn. Your community is bigger than the Ops teams and streamers.

Sorry for the wall of text, just some things I needed to get off my chest because they bothered me and I do want to see more and better. I love this game, of course I appreciate every grain of communication we do happen to get but that doesn't mean there's no room for improvement either.

While there was some fun banter, there wasn't really a whole lot. Maybe it's because in reality, there isn't all that much to talk about. Can't say too much about the story or it'll be spoilers, there's an ops boss they discussed and a bit of conquest. I think that was about it. I think this is why they kind of stopped doing live streams?

Maybe I'm wrong.

Edited by Eshvara

Bit of a wall of text coming in to share my thoughts, apologies in advance for the read.

I'm a little disappointed with the streams of late. There seems to be so much "This is coming but we can't tell you more than that!". In fact, the majority of the stream consists of "We can't say" when personally, I tune in to hear about those things that cannot be said yet. I tune in with the hope we'll finally get some really wonderful news or at the very least some decent and good questions and concerns answered.

Take Vector and Ashara--they were discussed yes, to the extent of "They're coming back but we won't spoil more than that!" which, okay, fair but we already knew that. I didn't need to watch the Livestream for that.

I don't care about Charles' beard, no offense. I don't care about anyone's obsession with Eric and Kai Zykken which is a running gag that got old over a year ago. Again, no offense but that's not what I tune in for. Jokes and funning are fine and well, I love a good chuckle, but there's a place and time for it and it shouldn't become a constant overshadowing aspect to having an informative and well-organized stream.

Try and have a look at the streams Ion Hazzikostas and Josh Allen do for Warcraft, their Q&A's. Yes, I'm aware, it's a different game and a different company but that doesn't mean their good example couldn't or shouldn't be followed. No, they're not perfect and flawless either but those streams are a whole lot more informative and at times even humbling when it comes to discussing implemented changes/new features that didn't pan out quite as well as they'd hoped.

I feel revived after watching those streams, I feel player questions and concerns are answered, that the community is being heard. But after watching a SWTOR stream? I rarely feel I learned anything new I didn't already know, I feel frustrated that certain things are not being addressed, I hate seeing so many questions posed in chat and only the simplest, usually unrelated, ones get cherry-picked to answer. Which I understand, you want to control the narrative and you don't want to cross any lines discussing subjects any higher-ups may not want discussed yet but I hope you can understand how frustrating that becomes for people who are literally thirsting for genuine good news, something to be excited about, something to go ga-ga over for the next weeks/months until it's implemented.

Thing is, I want to feel like this game and its state matters to you guys. That our concerns, our questions, our feedback, that the community matters to you guys. In the recent months, the overall vibe (at least as I've experienced within my circles) toward this game hasn't been good. I'm not even talking about throwaway blog/article posts but vocal dissent and disappointment on the forums, on other social media, in-game itself when talking to players, even when I hear SWTOR discussed in other games/platforms. That is not the time to sit around for thirty minutes of lols and giggles on a stream, which only further fans frustration because that makes it feel you don't even care or think it's all just a laughing matter. It's the time to get real for once.

I'm not hating. I do hope, and in ways believe, you guys are doing the best you can, I try to hold on to that even when disappointment sets in but I also feel criticism is needed at times when there's room for improvement. I get it may not be as simple as that, there may be other factors at play that we're unaware of but I would really like to see a proper, good, even semi-serious stream again.

Answer questions, even the hard ones. Get real with the player base, down to earth, cop to bad decisions if there were any rather than speak of them as treasures, give us something tangible, something good. Something that's actually news to leave us with the feeling afterward of "Oh my God that was so cool, wow, I'm so excited I can't wait until this goes live!". I personally love that feeling and in the past year, I've unfortunately not really experienced it. Which is said out of love and passion for the game, not out of hatred toward the Dev team and company.

And, as a side note, perhaps for once drive your attention toward the players who are NOT avid podcasters, Youtubers, Livestreamers and whatever special title you hold for a couple of those folks. No disrespect to them, of course, but every other player is just as valid. The questions from those other players deserve answers as much as those of some podcaster do--be it here on the forums, on Reddit or during a stream. Be more inclusive. Heck, if you want to share the awesomeness of your playerbase, perhaps step out to Deviantart for once and pick a bunch of art at random to showcast, give those people some love as well. Fan-orientated tumblrs about companions, story aspects, the game itself. Those guys, and us, we're fans too even if we've chosen not to, or can't, podcast/livestream/youtube the game at every turn. Your community is bigger than the Ops teams and streamers.

Sorry for the wall of text, just some things I needed to get off my chest because they bothered me and I do want to see more and better. I love this game, of course I appreciate every grain of communication we do happen to get but that doesn't mean there's no room for improvement either.

I agree with this very much.

I agree, while there was some fun banter, there wasn't really a whole lot. Maybe it's because in reality, there isn't all that much to talk about. Can't say too much about the story or it'll be spoilers, there's an ops boss they discussed and a bit of conquest. I think that was about it. I think this is why they kind of stopped doing live streams?

Maybe I'm wrong.

They said that they had done a livestream in February but I don't remember seeing one (I may have misunderstood that though or maybe I've missed it?). But if they aren't doing them anymore, there probably isn't much to share with resources being so strained right now. :(

I agree with your take on the livestream. I find that they don't approach them very professionally lately. Like someone else said, they didn't even seem to have a proper desk/counter for everyone to sit comfortably at, just like they were broadcasting out of a broom closet or something. Surely precious Anthem can spare a little real estate for 30 minutes.

An example of a professional looking/sounding livestream, were the ones for Blade & Soul. They gave a lot of information and had meaningful discussions, while still having fun and everyone working on the broadcast had a proper place to sit and weren't being crowded out of the frame. They even had it arranged so that you could watch the broadcast while in game.

The other thing I'd suggest is having little snippets of things to come, it's not that big of a spoiler really. I would also suggest holding the giveaways until the end, as a reward for everyone who stuck with it, and to make sure that even those who might have been a little late tuning in, get a chance at stuff.

I welcome new information, but it would actually be nice to get new information. :)

Edited by Lunafox