Lore/Roleplay: A Hapan Sith?

Aazendi

Hi,

So I figure this is where this thread should end up, and though I hate to ask people to "do my homework for me", I simply cannot seem to make any sense of the above topic.

I am a roleplayer, I roleplay in every MMO (and sometimes other games) I play. The issue here is that I am VERY short of info on the star wars universe. Now I'm trying to forge my character, and again - the topic is a burning question in my mind.

Would it be plausible/possible for a Hapan to become sith? I read that they were very isolated but could not make sense of the timelines, so I turn to you in hopes that you may be a little (lot) more informed than me :)

Thank you!

I take it you are talking about the Hapes Consortium, yes? Considering that by the time of TOR, the Lorell Raiders, the group that forms the Consortium, were forgotten up until the time of the Galactic Empire, I would find it to be doubtful, at best. The Hapes Consortium, at the time of SW:TOR, is isolated and unknown, so it will not work out.

As far as I can tell, the humans of the Sith Empire are mostly descendants with Sith blood, slaves, or a member of a conquered planet.

So, you have the Hapans who have been out of touch with the galaxy since 4,000 BBY which gives you enough time for a Hapan family to have joined the original Sith Empire and therefore gives your character an identity to cling to. Though, he/she would be Hapan only in diluted bloodline, rather than directly from the secluded system.

A slave background can come from either having a Hapan family enslaved with the original Sith Empire and thus the present day character would inherit that enslavement, or he/she could be freshly caught, as they are supposed to be exceptionally beautiful.

But, if you're going for recent, it supposes that he/she has left Hapes, and probably would not for any reason tell others about it. Therefore, if you're going for either recent slave or recent Empire inductee, then they would lie to all others about where they're from, as drawing attention that can defeat or conquer Hapes breaks lore, as the Consortium is only just beginning to rebuild its Empire. Smaller forces, though, no problem, Hapes will blow up any incoming ships without a tear.

Who knows, though? The Consortium's history is quite fuzzy beginning around 3,000 BBY, so it could be that it's already been inducted into the Empire and it will quietly withdraw from the Empire after its inevitable defeat, just like the Chiss. In which case, play it how you know Hapans to be.

As far as I can tell, the humans of the Sith Empire are mostly descendants with Sith blood, slaves, or a member of a conquered planet.

So, you have the Hapans who have been out of touch with the galaxy since 4,000 BBY which gives you enough time for a Hapan family to have joined the original Sith Empire and therefore gives your character an identity to cling to. Though, he/she would be Hapan only in diluted bloodline, rather than directly from the secluded system.

A slave background can come from either having a Hapan family enslaved with the original Sith Empire and thus the present day character would inherit that enslavement, or he/she could be freshly caught, as they are supposed to be exceptionally beautiful.

But, if you're going for recent, it supposes that he/she has left Hapes, and probably would not for any reason tell others about it. Therefore, if you're going for either recent slave or recent Empire inductee, then they would lie to all others about where they're from, as drawing attention that can defeat or conquer Hapes breaks lore, as the Consortium is only just beginning to rebuild its Empire. Smaller forces, though, no problem, Hapes will blow up any incoming ships without a tear.

Who knows, though? The Consortium's history is quite fuzzy beginning around 3,000 BBY, so it could be that it's already been inducted into the Empire and it will quietly withdraw from the Empire after its inevitable defeat, just like the Chiss. In which case, play it how you know Hapans to be.

Thank you very much for this insight, it's really sparked some creativity. Do you reckon that, if by diluted bloodline, she would still have the poor eyesight in dark? This is mainly why I think the race would be made interesting in RP. I just saw the "Hapan" race after wookiepedia'ing "Humans" when I started building on her, and it caught my interest, so frankly I know little. You have helped loads though, thanks!

With genetics, anything is possible. So, yes, the lack of night-vision is inheritable, but good luck navigating around Dromund Kaas with its infinite night. Though that's what lighting is for, right? Heh heh.

It would also be interesting if she holds a particular grudge against the Jedi for dismantling the Lorell Raiders like many other Hapans, in addition to the whole Sith affiliation, of course.