Jedi Knights PvP gear is unacceptably pathetic. Be united against it!

Alexious

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why should Guardians have to spend hundreds of thousands in credits to buy/extract mods because the art devs are too lazy to fix their objectively terrible looking armor design?

There has been plenty of constructive criticism in this thread but it seems like no one is listening or cares. It's not really surprising it took nearly a month for them to fix the Jedi Knight lvl 50 class quest.

How could anything look objectively bad?

Custom gear (orange) has no level. Its level is derived from the modifications you slot into it.

If that's true, then why can I not equip Orange Voidmaster gloves on my Consular? :confused:

They were equipped with lvl 33 mods, with a listed matching level requirement. My Consular was lvl 15 at the time, and so I unslotted all the existing mods, and placed a mod suitable for a level 15. The armor value, and stats dropped to what the Force Armoring 5 offered, yet the level required remained 33.

In effect, the custom (orange) gear, does in fact, have a level.

Maybe it would be more accurate to say the existing level can be increased with mods.

I'd just like to add this:

Lies.

I saw this and cheered -- I could go grab whatever piece of orange gear I wanted, yank out the enhancements, and wear something without a hood for a change!

I'm now 2700 credits poorer and the owner of an orange top with no slotted enhancements that refuses to be equippable until I turn level 50.

So, yes. Even bare orange gear can have a minimum level, and the above is false.

He ment item-level obviously. :rolleyes: Otherwise he would have written "has no level requirement".

I 100% agree with this thread, op, and a majority of all the posters in this thread.

What I expected:

1-50 We generally have the same robe/armored look that I'm FINE with, however when I saw the PVP set I became completely starstruck. What happened? It is such a drastic change from what we (Jedi Knight's) are used too. Out of no where we get a set that in no such way resemble a Jedi Knight. This doesn't make any sense. I have to hide the helm, and I completely refuse to wear the chest piece at all. Please look into this.

The armor set looks horrible!!!

Why don't they sell pvp mods you can put in your orange gear rather than forcing us to all wear the same gear. I hate the look of the jedi knight pvp armor. Why do we have to look like samurai ?

How cool would it be is they sold armoring mods that had the set bonus on the armoring mod?

That way you could still wear you orange gear and get the set bonuses.

Yet another who agrees 100%. I cringe every time i open a bag for fear I'll get my chest piece or helmet....good god. Chest + Legs look like some kind of trooper, and helmet looks like....almost like Lando Calrissian's mask when they free Han from Mr. Hutt in ROTJ..... come on now, in what SW movie do they ever have gear that looks like this???

Yet another who agrees 100%. I cringe every time i open a bag for fear I'll get my chest piece or helmet....good god. Chest + Legs look like some kind of trooper, and helmet looks like....almost like Lando Calrissian's mask when they free Han from Mr. Hutt in ROTJ..... come on now, in what SW movie do they ever have gear that looks like this???

I never thought of it that way, but you're right, it does look like that helmet Lando wore.

Easily the worst armor set in the game with the Zorro set for Smugglers not far behind.

I cannot bring myself to show the helm at all, I'm supposed to be a Jedi not some kind of offspring of the Borg from Star Trek and the Shredder of TMNT fame.

Wow. Even though I don't have plans to play the Republic side anytime soon, I have to agree the armor looks horrid. I wouldn't want to wear it either.

I think that the art director/team need to not take this personally, admit that it's not visually appealing, and make something better soon. They've done some great work and they can definitely improve this.

Edited by nRGon

Custom gear (orange) has no level. Its level is derived from the modifications you slot into it.

So yes, you can make any gear in the game that fits your class level 50+ after the changes Emmanuel described happen.

A few notes:

When we reply to one post, we can't address all other questions that the community might come up with. Stuff like, hoods, adding more armor variation, etc. are all things we've taken note of and when we have something to announce, you will hear from us. We've always said we wanted to have customer demand driven development after launch and some of the things you've read about are just the first in a long list of things we want to do or are discussing right now.

Please also be mindful that we're not often going to give ETAs. An ETA, even though it's estimated, is essentially a promise - and that limits our ability to prioritize our development based on actual severity and impact and that is not a smart thing to do. They also create a lot of bad blood regarding broken promises if they aren't met. (In my experience, few people take notice of the E in ETA.)

Georg, you post is not the answr the OP expected to have and it feels like you dont know what we are talking about. This thread is about the fact that you cannot change the appearence of PvP gear, i.e. Champion gear. Those items do have a mod and an enhacement, you can extract those, but you would lose:

a) the stat bonus from the set

b) the "hidden" stats which are obviously not part of the modification

This leads to lvl50 running around with the same gear in endgame, since Tionese, Columni, Rakata look all the same (except color), same with Centurion, Champion, Battlemaster PvP gear.

What we need is engame gear with armor, mod, enhancement mods which we are able to extract and out it in any orange gear we want and get the setboni plus the same stats.

World of Warcraft regularly implemented armor updates. In the beginning of WOW the "Valor" armor set for the plate wearer was ******... then Blizzard updated it and gave everyone a set of armor more ridiculous then a golden samurai from the 60's.