Poll: What do you think about the new changes made to global cooldown UI in 1.1.2?

JovethGonzalez

What do you think about the new changes made to the global cooldown UI in Patch 1.1.2  

3,457 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the new changes made to the global cooldown UI in Patch 1.1.2

• They're good!
    • They're terrible!
    • I don't care either way.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The new UI CD system plainly sucks. There´s no kind word I can use to describe it unfortunately.

The white borders suck, the greying out of all buttons sucks, if you are using abilities fast it kinda bugs since the cd finishes and you still have white borders all over and buttons greyed out...

I honestly am ashamed to say that your best shot at it was the beta.

I mean is it really that complicated?? You have several ways of solving it, the most common being.

Either put countdowns on CD´s and ungrey the active abilities or even easier just keep the active abilities as normal buttons and grey out the abilities on CD.

I dislike the new UI a lot.

There are two main problems:

One: The Global Cooldown causes ALL abilities to flash when it's up. This means all of your bars will flash white every 1.5 seconds.

Two: Using ANY ability causes all of your abilities to go grey and they don't fade back in until after the Global Cooldown is up. This is a huge problem when you're a class that spams abilities every second, such as a Jedi Sentinel. Basically, the abilities never light back up and are in a constant state of fading grey and flashing. Because of this, you can't tell what abilities are ready, whether or not you're in range, or if you have enough resources to use the ability.

I play a Sentinel and it is almost impossible to determine when abilities are off cooldown. During my hardmode raid last night, my entire UI was constantly greyed out or flashing, which made it impossible to determine which abilities could be activated.

I could not monitor Merciless Slash, Cauterize, Overload Saber and Zealous Strike properly. I basically had to guess when each was ready to use. The other raiding Sentinel in my guild was having the same issues.

And don't get me started on the flashing every 1.5 seconds...

^ this. I'm a sentinel too with same issue.

The original system was best. In fact, the only problem with it is for abilities with long cooldowns - it's hard to tell when they're completely off cooldown, since a couple seconds will only be, say, 2/120 parts greyed out.

To solve that, I humbly suggest the option for using a countdown timer in seconds (aka the addon Cooldowns for WoW).

Hi folks,

We recently implemented a change to the global cooldown UI with Patch 1.1.2 and we realize that it has been a hot topic here in the Forums. In an effort to prioritize any new changes to the UI, we wanted to poll the community on their opinion of the current global cooldown UI. Please vote in the poll above! As a reminder, please only vote with the cooldown UI changes in mind.

Give more time for ppl to vote?

Aniway i like this ui changes, many ppl don't. What i think you guys should do is STOP ENFORCING THIS CHANGES!

Seriously why can't we just chose from styles of bars?

Then again i like this one better then the previous ones, but option are a must in any MMO :)

Yes - the new cool downs are quite possibly the worst change made to the game so far.

It was fine how it was when the game launched - it got slightly worse with the next change - but this change just kills your eyes.

Please just allow us to mod the UI ourselves.

With user produced content we could have had all this sorted already instead of almost 2 months down the road still sitting around twiddling our thumbs waiting for a fix.

It is better readable now, when a CD is ready, that's right. But as many mentioned, the signing flash at the end is way too much, it has to be dimmed.

And c'mon... you have a poll open for about a day... you realize only a part of your gamers are from the US? Most europeans like me only check the dev-tracker once a day (and as a german, I have to check two of those to get all informations), and yesterday this poll wasn't there when i lokked, today it#s already closed... not much of a customer service. Decent polls go a week.

Edited by Pack_master

I dislike the new UI a lot.

There are two main problems:

One: The Global Cooldown causes ALL abilities to flash when it's up. This means all of your bars will flash white every 1.5 seconds.

Two: Using ANY ability causes all of your abilities to go grey and they don't fade back in until after the Global Cooldown is up. This is a huge problem when you're a class that spams abilities every second, such as a Jedi Sentinel. Basically, the abilities never light back up and are in a constant state of fading grey and flashing. Because of this, you can't tell what abilities are ready, whether or not you're in range, or if you have enough resources to use the ability.

I play a Sentinel and it is almost impossible to determine when abilities are off cooldown. During my hardmode raid last night, my entire UI was constantly greyed out or flashing, which made it impossible to determine which abilities could be activated.

I could not monitor Merciless Slash, Cauterize, Overload Saber and Zealous Strike properly. I basically had to guess when each was ready to use. The other raiding Sentinel in my guild was having the same issues.

And don't get me started on the flashing every 1.5 seconds...

Yup same issues here, I do hope they make changes soon...

I wanted to also address concerns about the Public Test Server. We're working towards enabling character transfers so you can move your own character across and test new patches. Other ideas to allow the testing of high-level content have been explored, but ultimately character transfer is what we want to allow for everyone.

Just to be sure on the terminology used; you're anticipating character transfers or character copies?

A transfer for me means moving the original, a copy that the original remains as well.

Character copy would be nice, but a transfer no thanks.

As for the poll I didn't have a chance to cast my vote for: I think the new changes are terrible. The original version was by far the best IMHO. The quickslot visuals were working for me, the issue is with the skill / animation delay, esp. on consular skill "Project".

Edited by Holskabard

*** are you guys thinking? Who is testing changes please enlighten me. If you have to implement (what you think are good) changes for something like this PLEASE GIVE US OPTIONS. Stop forcing players to swallow your terrible ideas its really getting old.

Personally I dislike the changes if I wasn't clear.

Why not just change white color to transparent red? that would be sufficient and only small change that is done in one minute.

It does not matter the color it is the nearly constant blacked out tiles and the constant flashing in the peripherals that is causing a major migraine/eyestrain/motion sickness issue with people.

As it sits right at this moment it is also breaking reaction based skills to non working dps skills.

It does not matter the color it is the nearly constant blacked out tiles and the constant flashing in the peripherals that is causing a major migraine/eyestrain/motion sickness issue with people.

As it sits right at this moment it is also breaking reaction based skills to non working dps skills.

i coudnt agree with u more.

they stopped the poll voting, but i am sure, it would have been 90% NOOOOO by now

I didn't like it at first but after about an hour I got used to it. However, an option to swap between this form of UI and the old one would be good. I think people who have the most problems with it would be those who look a lot at their hot bars. Since I have hot keys for everything and know what keys do what I only glance down at the hot bar to check cooldown timers and I think the new UI makes that a bit more clear about what is on cd and what is not. For some abilities like the gunslinger's scramble shield that has a 3 minute cd with the old UI it was difficult to know if it was usable or not because 20s left on it showed the hot bar tile as completely lit up.

here's a thought - revert the UI and focus on the people still having connection issues when they play....

and why no hotfix for it, roll it back. You're fixing things for the PvPers but not the rest of us - not fair to your paying customers who now can't physically play the game because of the new flashing which makes us ill. And I paid for 6 months for pete's sake.

FIX IT NOW PLEASE!

I didn't like it at first but after about an hour I got used to it. However, an option to swap between this form of UI and the old one would be good. I think people who have the most problems with it would be those who look a lot at their hot bars. Since I have hot keys for everything and know what keys do what I only glance down at the hot bar to check cooldown timers and I think the new UI makes that a bit more clear about what is on cd and what is not. For some abilities like the gunslinger's scramble shield that has a 3 minute cd with the old UI it was difficult to know if it was usable or not because 20s left on it showed the hot bar tile as completely lit up.

What about abilities that proc on having dot on target like bounty hunter. You have absolutely no hope to see it as useable because everything is grayed out all the time.

here's a thought - revert the UI and focus on the people still having connection issues when they play....

and why no hotfix for it, roll it back. You're fixing things for the PvPers but not the rest of us - not fair to your paying customers who now can't physically play the game because of the new flashing which makes us ill. And I paid for 6 months for pete's sake.

FIX IT NOW PLEASE!

BW had the option to do this earlier today when they took down the servers to hotfix Ilum. But they didn't bother. That says it all right there....