Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

Since most players will follow the path of least resistance, it now is up to Bioware to take a stand like Blizzard has.http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/12/05/blizzard-takes-a-stand-against-pre-mades-battleground-groups/

I quit WoW at the end of TBC, but they really do get it. I love the dev comment there, calling out a bunch of their myths. Since most BW devs seem to be auditioning for a job at Blizzard let's hope they pick up on this(even though it is over a year old).

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quit WoW at the end of TBC, but they really do get it. I love the dev comment there, calling out a bunch of their myths. Since most BW devs seem to be auditioning for a job at Blizzard let's hope they pick up on this(even though it is over a year old).

Are BWs devs really trying to get in with Blizzard? If they do maybe then we can say an element of SWTOR really iS the WoW killer :)

Seems the last Days of pvp activity been at a all time low. The WZ pop are longer and longer apart in time.

Its time BW does something about the bully-hords of premades in regular WZs. But i Think it might be too late already.

I've noticed this aswell over on Ebon Hawk.

Que times is takeing longer.

However unlike pre 23rd dec 2013 on EH soloranked wasnt popping at all, post 23rd dec 2013 its actually popping quite frequent.

Results

* more premade vs premade on either side -> better games in non-ranked.

* and alot more of the so-called leet-uber-pwnzer premades is stopping to que since they will face equal teams more frequent and they dont enjoy enjoy being roflstomped by bigger fish.

I do have a quick fix though for non-ranked imo that should fix some of the issues we who want a pure solo-que for non-ranked aswell.

While it dont fix the issue of pugs vs premades it will shift the game to be more easy to matchmake to some degree.

=

Cap the premade to only be 3 and not 4.

This will make the nonranked scene most likely abit better, since it will shake things more up with atleast 2 of the 8 slots being "open" for soloquers.

I'm afraid though that you may be right that its too little too late by Bioware.

3 months now ESO hits, and I'm guessing it will draw alot of blood from this game and most other mmo's aswell. (still not "wow", wow is jordan)

I just wish they had choosen a different approach to the servers/structre and not been doing it the way Dallas Dickinson "we want to build community" and not have xserver.

PVP in any game should have xserver the end.

Just to maximise the pool so you dont have to fight the same ppl over and over(a community isnt much with about 100-200 active pvpers like over on EH at 55 bracket, thats a socialclub)

* The bigger the pool the less "repetive it feels" when you blow up or get blown up by random ppl.

* less chance of "grudge matches"

* better matchmakeing or ability to do so most time of the day.

I'll take a 5-6 loss in huttball over a 6-0 win tbh, much more fun when its chaotic and you never known until its over.

I break down why blizzard change was needed Any addon that enables a full, organized Battleground group to queue against a randomly assembled group is creating a scenario where that coordinated group has a huge advantage. There cross server was ment to be solo random. Ours is ment for groups play see the difference. They did it because a addon made a premade every time. We have no addon or cross server they do. A addon making a premade across all server is a hugh problem.

Edited by Neoforcer

I break down why blizzard change was needed Any addon that enables a full, organized Battleground group to queue against a randomly assembled group is creating a scenario where that coordinated group has a huge advantage. There cross server was ment to be solo random. Ours is ment for groups play see the difference. They did it because a addon made a premade every time. We have no addon or cross server they do. A addon making a premade across all server is a hugh problem.

I agree. If BW was allowing groups to queue a team of 8 against 8 random people, it would be a problem. 4 people queuing together isn't an issue, it's a fair balance between allowing people to group for enjoyment, without giving a huge coordinated advantage.

That's besides the point. Is not about technology, but categories. Why put a full gear and experience pvp player agains a pug whose trying pvp for the first time. And if I was in a premade group I wouldn't even bother to against a newbie. This game is very modern. It should had the ability to identify premate group and place then in same category as such. But hey, technology as made it possible for you to group with friends and win at pvp...without it you'll be at the basement.

What makes you think all premades are all fully geared and all PUGs are badly geared and PvPing for the first time?

Less and less people are pvp'ing now, sometimes it takes 45-60 mins for a pop to happen.... I've noticed a trend on certain servers you get a few PvP guilds that do nothing but make up 4 man premades and ruin all the fun for people who just want jump into a quick warzone... What happens is you can go against a fully geared out premade who's on vent/mumble/team speak and they pretty much just own everyone...

Bioware you need to add a PUG only warzone option, this will level the playing field more and allow people to just have fun.... If not, less and less people are going to pvp due to frustration with the situation..

Best thread of the entire SWTOR community, everything else is pure nonsense. Now here is something a lot of ppl been talking about: You would get same or better results with pve gear than with full pvp. I tested the theory myself, against premades, pugs, premades v. premades, pugs v. pugs, and the results where the same. I would say 8 - 10 pve gear gave me better results in term of medals, points, and overall standing, than when I play in full pvp gear...why is that? is beyond me

It really makes me sad to see that mmo players in America don't see the advantage that the choice premades have brings. I wish mmos were more accepted in public and that average people who like competition played mmos more often. IRL it is rare to find people playing sports that want to "pugstomp" constantly. Decent people want to win but they want close games.

It really makes me sad to see that mmo players in America don't see the advantage that the choice premades have brings. I wish mmos were more accepted in public and that average people who like competition played mmos more often. IRL it is rare to find people playing sports that want to "pugstomp" constantly. Decent people want to win but they want close games.

While Pre-mades are a "choice", they are not always an option for players. Furthermore, what with voice communication etc., your are actually penalized if you DON'T queue premade.

MMOs are accepted, as are video games. Our fat society is prima facie evidence of that. You don't like it? Go play something else.

People want to WIN. Maybe you want to be the victim, but second place is the first loser.

You don't win by having fun - you have fun by winning.

While Pre-mades are a "choice", they are not always an option for players. Furthermore, what with voice communication etc., your are actually penalized if you DON'T queue premade.

MMOs are accepted, as are video games. Our fat society is prima facie evidence of that. You don't like it? Go play something else.

People want to WIN. Maybe you want to be the victim, but second place is the first loser.

You don't win by having fun - you have fun by winning.

Posts like this make me wonder if no one plays teams sports while growing up anymore.

Posts like this make me wonder if no one plays teams sports while growing up anymore.

QFT. I play for fun. I have worked damn hard irl and have actually won irl. I am still a nerd who loves Star Wars and I play for fun. I am a very competitive person both in game and irl but that does not mean I want sure wins. Successful competitive people do not want to compete against people obviously weaker than them. We want COMPETITION. That is how we improve ourselves and become more successful. People who love advantages and want to pugstomp make me sad.

The thing killing pug WZ is the same as it has been and that is pugs. Things you see daily with pugs:

1 not focusing targets[/B],

When I enter as melee or range I find another ranged dps and set my focus to him. They hit hard and usually focus the healers or range classes and not let them free cast.

2 Not using your mini map or your ability to count.

Void star and Denova I notice this a lot. you get a big fight south 1 person guarding west/east. Your team is killing the bad guys but nobody breaks off to the other node. next thing your have 7 vs 2 on south and you side node is being taken. Then you see people saying "way to call out idiot". If people would not focus on trying to have the highest DPS in the match and paid attention he wouldn't have to call out. I am constantly counting my numbers enemy numbers and watching mini map. If people did that defending would be quicker and easier.

3 People constantly leave nodes unguarded Simple you take it you defend it don't be an @$#

4 The Hero

They guy who thinks he is good raging at everyone in chat for 3/4 of the fight. These people dam near always have crap damage and are just a liability in the WZ.

5 Friends

Don't have to be guild mates but get one. I bet if you get just one and you work as a team WZ will get a touch easier.

I know you all see more I'm sure but the bottom line is pugs are the problem with pugs.

,,,,,,,,work as a team WZ will get a touch easier.....

Just a few of the reasons why premades ROFL faceroll pugs. Another good argument why premades should be matched with one another and pugs should just be facing other pugs.

Edited by MotorCityMan

Just a few of the reasons why premades ROFL faceroll pugs. Another good argument why premades should be matched with one another and pugs should just be facing other pugs.

So you agree that the majority of the pugs mindlessly fight in warzones and are incapable of the simplest things like situational awareness, finding priority targets, calling out objectives like incomings or who to attack.

Id be fine with whatever they do. I have actually been logging in this week and doing nothing but pugs. The two times I faced a premade was last night where there was one on voidstar that we won on kills after no one got the first door and one which we got stomped in a huttball as it was a full pug vs two premades. The last one didn't bother me at all, no one was grabbing the ball and everyone was more focused on fighting away from the ball or filling the ball carriers resolve before they got to the first fire traps.

Nope, don't agree.

So what is the issue then? I mean yeah I get that there can be quite a skill gap with premades and with pugs but if they are capable of doing all these things than what is the issue outside of not having VoIP?

The issue is lack of any sort of matchmaking so that organized teams can be pitted against pick up groups, which is the topic of this thread.

But if pugs as you say are capable of situational awareness, marking targets, calling out targets, playing objectives and so on and so on then they should be able to go toe to toe with your average premades because your basic premade is just that, average.

But if pugs as you say are capable of situational awareness, marking targets, calling out targets, playing objectives and so on and so on then they should be able to go toe to toe with your average premades because your basic premade is just that, average.

I didn't say that either. You are characterizing pugs as either this or that and then putting words into my mouth as though I said it and then arguing with yourself.

I didn't say that either. You are characterizing pugs as either this or that and then putting words into my mouth as though I said it and then arguing with yourself.

Well you simply said you didn't agree that pugs are fight mindlessly and are incapable of the simplest of tasks in warzones.

Since you really didn't give any real rebuttal or anything to back why you disagreed I could only assume that you thought that they all were capable of that since if you disagree with something than your opinion on any matter must reflect the opposite of what was stated in an argument.