UPDATED Dueling Tournament

azzhealy

I don't give a crap about your duels and ping, and have fun on NA servers, I might go there if Dalborra still blows after transfers(as in, everyone decides to transfer to NA instead of pooling up on one server).

HOWEVER, I'm interested about the screenshot in your signature. Is that guy lvl 50? And did you f*ck him up as a lvl 43?

Yes, he was indeed level 50 when I was level 43. Beat him in a duel and convinced him I was level 50 with full war hero cos I felt bad about wrecking him at my level I and didn't want him to know lol.

Celo was there as you can see. We were both in shock that he bought the story lol

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like we used to on Harbinger before xfers, I was pretty bad ***** on my sniper even with a 300+ms although it is alot harder for melee ( the reason i played ranged ) with anything over 250ms most of the time. I do like 1 on 1 duels with most of the ppl on this server and about 80% of the time i'm solo waiting to get ganked :eek:

Oh and my ping is around 30ms+......

So what about the people who play on 500-600 ms and don't complain a single bit

Good on them, each to their own

I believe some ppl are already too bad to care, just don't care or play ranged classes since theyre not as affected by ping nearly as much as a melee. People like me who want to win, care about the little things that screw you over. It's not about taking it too serious, I want to win,what's wrong with wanting to win? I quit FPS game when I moved to Japan and played on ****** net. Mmorpgs with lag is playable at least.

Not at all saying its always lags fault either. I just rather it always be "I ****ed up" instead of "my net ****ed up" or having to put in extra effort to compinsate for lag.

Like we used to on Harbinger before xfers, I was pretty bad ***** on my sniper even with a 300+ms although it is alot harder for melee ( the reason i played ranged ) with anything over 250ms most of the time. I do like 1 on 1 duels with most of the ppl on this server and about 80% of the time i'm solo waiting to get ganked :eek:

Oh and my ping is around 30ms+......

lol and I thought I was the only one that sat around in the open waiting for ppl to come and try to gank me.

It's nice being considered one of the best and all I'd just rather play everyone on even ground, not slap another melee in the face with him not having a clue that I just did that with a handicap on.

Wish I got medals labeled "handicapped" for whipping 99% of my own classes asses, especially as melee

Meh, I just hate hate when someone says "they're about even on skill". Anytime I see two people dueling, first thing I do is find out both their pings. If they're playing "evenly" and one guy is on 250 and the other 30, hell no they're not even.

Aznpower was the only guardian who could beat mine multiple times in a row even though we both knew we were kist as good as each other.I'm talking like I'd win 1 out of 10 duels with him. I'd been playing with him since he started pvping with guardian. Azn and I are twins in the way we play. As soon as he went from 30ms up to 300+, the 1 out of 10s turned into 7-8 out of 10s. My pings slightly better than his now so now it's his turn to lose more often than not. If we were evenly matched when he was on 30ms I wouldn't have played with him cos I would've thought he sucked.

Moral of the story is, It's suck not being able to play to your full potential

I guess I could compare lag to dragon ball z

450 - 600ms - No super Saiyan

300 - 360ms - Super Saiyan

200 - 260ms - Super Saiyan 2

100 - 160ms - Super Saiyan 3

30 - 75ms - Super Saiyan 4

Come on super Saiyan 4s, how you gonna let Super Saiyan 2s run the pvp :D

Edited by MoshhsoM

Mosh Will you please shut up about your "lag" issues and stop being a sore loser when you lose one dual ? You know NOTHING and I mean NOTHING about lag issues you complain that your last dual you spiked to 300 ms while your enemy is at 30 ms. While guess what I live in America and have a constant 220-350 ms and you dont hear me complaining on the forums or to anyone because of my ping being so high. You didnt see me coming on here to complain that i lost to Keiga he is better skilled than i am even if i dont have my ping so high. out of the 5 juggys i accept my place as the fifth as to the two juggys from SnX that could not make it i accept my place as 7th juggernut on the server and yes i do have the balls to say this why because i dont care what others on the server or just others in general think about it. Yes i might joke with Keiga that im better than him on vent but we both know even though it doesnt need to be said he is better. You however CLAIM that YOUR the BEST but it has been showed on this forum that you have be weighed you have been measured and have been found wanted by the fact that you have lost one dual and have to come on here and complain the fact that you lost to "lag" you know what if you were so called the best you would have won even with the "lag"

Now to comment on your post :

"What would happen if I played on 30ms connection?

I would be able to play like Jwalsh, Celo, Lycaon and Aznpower(when he was on 30ms). Same skill level just don't get hindered by ping when they need it."

out of the four of these players Celo and Lycaon are and should be the only two players that you named to be feared players Jwaish and Aznpower i rarely even see playing anymore as far as im concerned they do not count. sure they had skill but the fact remains that they dont play as much anymore they do not deserve to be called feared skilled players anymore.

"I believe some ppl are already too bad to care, just don't care or play ranged classes since theyre not as affected by ping nearly as much as a melee. People like me who want to win, care about the little things that screw you over. It's not about taking it too serious, I want to win,what's wrong with wanting to win?"

ppl are bad because you say that they are bad guess what alot of those "bad ppl" you claim are much better than you by far. I like winning and i want to win alot sometimes i have to drop group with guildies because i wish to PvP more hardcore than most of my guildmates wish to play. ill even tell you a secret when i go hardcore pvping i play Britteny Spears music why because i wish to win my matches. you might consider me to be a complete crap player but i dont care because i know better that you think that you are a god player and im telling you here and now that you are not you play in the past you compare yourself to players that either no longer play or dont play as good as they used to learn to accept losing duals

and

"When am I finally leaving Dalborra?

March 1st. Finally going back to America so time difference will be too great to play here anymore.(I know a lot of you are happy I'm leaving )"

And as to you leaving GOOD leave sooner why dont you. like i said i play in america in the Central time zone not only am i a college student taking 14 hours of classes and have two jobs one of them computer programming i am still able to make all most all my guilds raids and in-house rated pvp and still get enough sleep to function why cant you ? you fail to be unable to mange your time and be so called the best ? LOL

being the better player means learning to accept defeat and move on you have to lose more than you win to learn to win better. a concept you will never learn and you will over look this why i know that is because you thinking winning more than losing makes you the better player which fails all the time.

On the ping issue, idk how many of you played on the US servers, but I do remember what it was like. Your game may appear to be running fine, but when you use knock backs, the guy is already behind you, when you hit that insta heal, your already dead, walk over fire pit, oh ............ its on fire.

Not taking sides here but playing with ping is hard and must be extremely frustrating. I do believe its the reason most of us don't want to play another mmo after experiencing the joy of low ping.

To all the mosh haters, yes, he can be a dick, but at least its to your face, and like him or not he does have the skill on a number of classes, but what we all have to remember, is no matter what people say and do, leave my god dam sage and sorc alone! sick of you guys beating on me all the dam time :p

In my years of playing MMOs, I've never experienced lag below 200ms. On SWTOR, I have been, and will most likely continue to be, playing at 450-500ms on a good day. I get 300-360ms on US servers so it's not a big improvement. In my opinion, it concurrently makes the game more interesting and frustrating.

All the problems as beautifully explained by Mosh, you KNOW are going to happen. You KNOW that there's no point in running to a healing item in a warzone cause the person you're up against WILL grab it before you. You KNOW that you'll never get the first stun in or be able to remain behind a player for backstab. You KNOW that LOS tactics or running through fires could backfire on you because you'll just snap back 2 or even 5 metres.

All the bad effects of a high ping can be predicted. They're not lag spikes. I treat it as any other mechanic in the game. Yes, you are handicapped, that much is without a doubt. Is it a viable excuse for not winning? No. If you KNOW that there's no point in playing a backstabbing operative or assassin then don't. If you KNOW that you'll never get the ball, then don't try. Focus on what you CAN do, teammates are there to handle the rest.

Have sucky PuGs? Suck it up or leave the warzone. If it weren't for those ******* F2Ps the game might have already gone bankrupt. Think your guildies suck? Then don't be in that guild. Simple. More often than not, circumstances which you believe to be out of your control simply require you to adopt a different mindset and approach.

Having a high ping is not the problem, your attitude towards it is. Saying that you lost because of a high ping devalues the effort put in by your opponent. More importantly, it devalues the choices you made during the course of that endeavour as you deliberately made choices that are highly susceptible to high ping.

kthxbai

Edited by Mictian

Can we change this topic to how terrible TA really pains me to see republic guilds struggling to carry them in warzones :(

So Mosh out of curiosity, which server will you be re-rolling/transferring to? The Bastion perhaps?

I actually have a 50 Shadow, Vanguard and Scoundrel on The Bastion atm damn good server for PvP pops are amazing.

Playing on constant 3 bars over there only notice the ping when I drop to 2bars or under but on 3 its perfectly fine.

Edited by Frobington

I've already put that I could still lose with ping

The difference between ping in wzs and ping in duels is that in duels you're required to be very precise with your abilities. With warzones you can have ping cause problems and still be ok a majority of the time cos you don't need to be 100% precise in wzs cos you have healers, taunts and assists to help back you up when your skill or lag make those mistakes That being said it def wasn't meant to degrade a player but at the same time I don't want to hear the words "he's as good as you" I can take that statement if I were compared I certain but how could someone say the word "even" when it's not even at all in terms of handicap?

Also Andy, did you even read what I posted. Never heard someone twist my words that hard.

I'd have to agree with Cathleen. Ping is pretty sucky sure, but being American, living in Cali. I've had it the whole time being on this server. I don't think I've complained about my lag or ping issues. It's all playable still. I have a healer, I click as well. People probably say I'm a bad healer mostly because you don't know me and you don't really like me, oh well. The ping problems is playable, everything can be timed. Trust me ik, I've been through it all along lol. If I'm going over a fire pit, I know my merc's limits. Think okay well that one is up, pop a defensive cooldown run through and have someone jump to me or pass or okay don't go up yet because I know I will get stunned, wait for a pass or opening... About knockbacks... it can be very frustrating timing the knockbacks but can do. Even if my mercs knockback is all around, I play a sorc too. Do just fine. About me grabbing the ball before you in huttball that one time Mosh. I was just there first, had nothing to do with your ping. I have bad ping too lol. Don't complain about melee, I played sin, as well as leveled a sent to 50. The only difficult thing about playing those classes was being a clicker. Most times I use my ping to my advantage, not as a tool or excuse. About what Andy said... A good player isn't about how you play but also how you react to people. Kinda learnt that. Mi'ri for example, not only was she an amazing healer, but she was an amazing woman irl. Very gentle. You will always lose games and wins some or lose duels and win some, but what makes the difference isn't your ping but how you use everything to your advantage.

Nice Carthy :D:D. I have a Level 24 sin and a level 32 operative healer there atm. The lowbie pvp is brutal though. pubs seem to win lowbie most of the time. Might decide to make a sentinel or a guardian once i get both the sin and the operative to act 3. Edited by Penang

Nice Carthy :D:D. I have a Level 24 sin and a level 32 operative healer there atm. The lowbie pvp is brutal though. pubs seem to win lowbie most of the time. Might decide to make a sentinel or a guardian once i get both the sin and the operative to act 3.

Haha yeah reps seemed to win alot more often while solo queue in lowbie pvp imps got a few tough premades going during aus peak time i found though

Can we change this topic to how terrible TA really pains me to see republic guilds struggling to carry them in warzones :(

I actually have a 50 Shadow, Vanguard and Scoundrel on The Bastion atm damn good server for PvP pops are amazing.

Playing on constant 3 bars over there only notice the ping when I drop to 2bars or under but on 3 its perfectly fine.

Oh dear lol, this has turned into what I didn't want it to. I don't have problems every attack I use lol. 90% of my

gameplay is ok. Like Cathleen said, it became a mechanic to deal with.

Everyone knows I have no problem wrecking on any toon I play. I'm still Mosh, still destructive. I made this as a complaint post, that's it. I'm being a little crybaby ***** about the last year of having to deal with the little annoyances of high ping screwing me so many many times. So please ignore it. I have nothing to prove or nor do I have to prove anything . That post was my way of finally venting which I haven't done in a long damn time.

No one here can say I haven't slowly became nice over time. Hell, remember lordoss days? Every single day we'd come on here and bash one another including you Carthy. we've all came a long way since that time imo and this is just me slipping back to the darker side of myself for a day :(

Daffy, this isn't about ping in that sense. It's just the little things that annoy/piss me the off just like anyone else that plays on high ping. My ping issues are just being made openly. I'll sometimes go an hour without noticing myself getting screwed over but hey even if ping screwed me one time in a week if still be furious.

I guess my rage is the sacrifice I made for being the sweetest person in the world irl and the biggest douche in swtor when I get competitive. I dont like making many friends cos when someone is my

friend I can't be mean to them, I'd just feel bad.

Edited by MoshhsoM

The funny thing is that those of us out in other parts of Asia get better ping on US servers, and have more frequent WZ pops than on Dalborra. I just rolled a lowbie Assassin on the Harbinger, and the server lag is around 150-200, 1/3 of what I've been getting on Dalborra in recent weeks.

On a melee class its like night and day in terms of having abilities activate when and where you want them, and especially valuable is avoiding those lag spikes where your health flies to zero when you didn't think you were taking that much damage.

The downside is though that the lowbie players there are absolutely horrid compared to our server.

Mosh Will you please shut up about your "lag" issues and stop being a sore loser when you lose one dual ? You know NOTHING and I mean NOTHING about lag issues you complain that your last dual you spiked to 300 ms while your enemy is at 30 ms. While guess what I live in America and have a constant 220-350 ms and you dont hear me complaining on the forums or to anyone because of my ping being so high. You didnt see me coming on here to complain that i lost to Keiga he is better skilled than i am even if i dont have my ping so high. out of the 5 juggys i accept my place as the fifth as to the two juggys from SnX that could not make it i accept my place as 7th juggernut on the server and yes i do have the balls to say this why because i dont care what others on the server or just others in general think about it. Yes i might joke with Keiga that im better than him on vent but we both know even though it doesnt need to be said he is better. You however CLAIM that YOUR the BEST but it has been showed on this forum that you have be weighed you have been measured and have been found wanted by the fact that you have lost one dual and have to come on here and complain the fact that you lost to "lag" you know what if you were so called the best you would have won even with the "lag"

Now to comment on your post :

"What would happen if I played on 30ms connection?

I would be able to play like Jwalsh, Celo, Lycaon and Aznpower(when he was on 30ms). Same skill level just don't get hindered by ping when they need it."

out of the four of these players Celo and Lycaon are and should be the only two players that you named to be feared players Jwaish and Aznpower i rarely even see playing anymore as far as im concerned they do not count. sure they had skill but the fact remains that they dont play as much anymore they do not deserve to be called feared skilled players anymore.

"I believe some ppl are already too bad to care, just don't care or play ranged classes since theyre not as affected by ping nearly as much as a melee. People like me who want to win, care about the little things that screw you over. It's not about taking it too serious, I want to win,what's wrong with wanting to win?"

ppl are bad because you say that they are bad guess what alot of those "bad ppl" you claim are much better than you by far. I like winning and i want to win alot sometimes i have to drop group with guildies because i wish to PvP more hardcore than most of my guildmates wish to play. ill even tell you a secret when i go hardcore pvping i play Britteny Spears music why because i wish to win my matches. you might consider me to be a complete crap player but i dont care because i know better that you think that you are a god player and im telling you here and now that you are not you play in the past you compare yourself to players that either no longer play or dont play as good as they used to learn to accept losing duals

and

"When am I finally leaving Dalborra?

March 1st. Finally going back to America so time difference will be too great to play here anymore.(I know a lot of you are happy I'm leaving )"

And as to you leaving GOOD leave sooner why dont you. like i said i play in america in the Central time zone not only am i a college student taking 14 hours of classes and have two jobs one of them computer programming i am still able to make all most all my guilds raids and in-house rated pvp and still get enough sleep to function why cant you ? you fail to be unable to mange your time and be so called the best ? LOL

being the better player means learning to accept defeat and move on you have to lose more than you win to learn to win better. a concept you will never learn and you will over look this why i know that is because you thinking winning more than losing makes you the better player which fails all the time.

I don't care what you say about Mosh's complaining, but Azn and Jwalsh are still a power to be feared. Correct me if I'm wrong but Jwalsh beat Nuisance in a series of duels AFTER the tournament. For some reason he wasn't interested in participating.

I don't care what you say about Mosh's complaining, but Azn and Jwalsh are still a power to be feared. Correct me if I'm wrong but Jwalsh beat Nuisance in a series of duels AFTER the tournament. For some reason he wasn't interested in participating.

Yeah I just gotta say, Idk what not playing very often has to do with being feared and skilled in WZs. Doesn't really matter that Jwalsh and Azn don't play much atm cause of work obligations, when they *are* around, they are still just as dangerous as ever.

I don't think it's very fair to them or their abilities to write them off just because they don't play as often as they used to.

Congratulations to those winners now updated into the 2nd post, I apologize I wasn't there today but I got called into work for a 24hour period. Woofi was very capable of running the event in my absence.

2 more AC's to go next Sunday then the Grand Tournament the following Sunday looking forward to the completion of the Tournament.

Lets try to restrain ourselves from taking this forum off subject.

Yeah I just gotta say, Idk what not playing very often has to do with being feared and skilled in WZs. Doesn't really matter that Jwalsh and Azn don't play much atm cause of work obligations, when they *are* around, they are still just as dangerous as ever.

I don't think it's very fair to them or their abilities to write them off just because they don't play as often as they used to.

Just reiterating what's been said above ^, just 'cause they're not on, doesn't mean they shouldn't be feared. Ntm that it's not fair if they can't/don't play on those toons/at all as much anymore. When they DO however, be afraid :p

Also, could we try to keep this thread on-topic please?

I think people are making a bigger deal about this than it needs to be. Its just a bit of fun with a credit reward (and lets be honest, most serious players in the game have plenty of credits).

I entered on my Sin with unfinished min/max gear and did better than i expected, won 1 round, lost 2 but i had fun and it was good to contribute to a server wide event.

I think people are making a bigger deal about this than it needs to be. Its just a bit of fun with a credit reward (and lets be honest, most serious players in the game have plenty of credits).

I entered on my Sin with unfinished min/max gear and did better than i expected, won 1 round, lost 2 but i had fun and it was good to contribute to a server wide event.

Dude. Takes guts to even enter this tournament. I didn't enter on my vanguard cause I was nowhere near geared and I know I still have much to learn(mainly because I don't play as much as I used to). Kudos to you for at least giving it a shot.