Bioware, give us a double CxP event again before 5.4.

NogueiraA

Agreed only not make it another "event" make it permanent. Doubling the current CXP is in line of what was promised when 5.0 was launched.

The only issue doubling current would be the command tokens provided within the crates. Just reduce by half the command tokens each tier crate provides.

Players will at least feel they are progressing even though they still will be depending on unassembled components to upgrade their gear.

Yeah something has to be done because it's so painfully slow now that it's really not worth grinding - meaning that i play less than I otherwise would have. Also, with the current server populations it wouldnt hurt if they significally increased CXP for solo activities, such as dailies and planetary heroics, so you got something to fill the time with. As of now you have to run so many that you might aswell just stand on fleet and wait for some raid or queue pop.

I would:

* Have 2 x CXP on at all times

OR

* Significally increase the legacy buff

* Significally increase the legacy buff from having a 300 character

* Make the gear tokens legacy bound

* Increase value of CXP tokens

Edited by MidichIorian

I totally agree. The way CXP is now is pretty skimpy and not alt friendly.

They did increase the cxp for story mode chapters which I was one of several asking for a while back. Happy to see that went through. Its not amazing but a big improvement on what it was for solo pve and story player folks. Its worthwhile repeating my fav chapters now at least. Think im around level 60 to 70 cmd on my 'main' ( as if i really have a main heh) and get 1 level per 2 chapters. Not hating that change :)

A full double xp event would be nice. A couple of class stories I wouldn't mind repeating again if I don't have to wade through the boring planetary stories to do it.

roflmao if i do a new char i'm already are able to level to 50+ on class story alone, getting double exp would get me around level 70 at the end of the class story. and usually i forget to use my free exp boosters i get from the class story, in the end i have to delete them because they are bound and useless. if only i could give them away. (got to admit i do have the full set of exp armor that gives me 50% exp bonus already). to be honest i think it should stop with the exp boosts i liked it better when it took me about 4 days on played time to get to level 50 then now the 8 hours or less to 70.

i find it to hard to level slowly, been running a char with out armor, weapons exp boost and no rested exp and only pvp punching skills to level only took me 32 hours to get to 70 :(. it is like Jaesa says sometimes it worth taking things slowly, instead of getting instant gratification (hope i used that word in the right way :) )

cxp boosts i am fine with, i do not care if i get more or less crates, i see them as bonuses to what i am already doing, i see the gear vendors as main way of getting gear.

roflmao if i do a new char i'm already are able to level to 50+ on class story alone, getting double exp would get me around level 70 at the end of the class story. and usually i forget to use my free exp boosters i get from the class story, in the end i have to delete them because they are bound and useless. if only i could give them away. (got to admit i do have the full set of exp armor that gives me 50% exp bonus already). to be honest i think it should stop with the exp boosts i liked it better when it took me about 4 days on played time to get to level 50 then now the 8 hours or less to 70.

i find it to hard to level slowly, been running a char with out armor, weapons exp boost and no rested exp and only pvp punching skills to level only took me 32 hours to get to 70 :(. it is like Jaesa says sometimes it worth taking things slowly, instead of getting instant gratification (hope i used that word in the right way :) )

cxp boosts i am fine with, i do not care if i get more or less crates, i see them as bonuses to what i am already doing, i see the gear vendors as main way of getting gear.

Let the ones who want double xp have it

(there is a vendor on the fleet where you can buy the ability to switch double xp off)

OT: /signed - even make the double cxp permanent to at least lower the grind for alts

They should make the bonus permanent.

You realise they have already done that once they made the last 2x cxp permanent because players asked for it what is the incentive to do it again? If all it does is everyone they do a 2x event players will want that instead.

You realise they have already done that once they made the last 2x cxp permanent because players asked for it what is the incentive to do it again? If all it does is everyone they do a 2x event players will want that instead.

People just want free stuff. They don't care about the consequences.

After 19 characters in various places - i think Ive done enough slow stuff. Sometimes as a story lover, I just want to step in and enjoy the class story without having to break it up with other non sequential quests - it actually detracts from those stories.

Each to their own.

I certainly dont rush through it, even on double xp events it still takes me about 3 days to do an entire class story cause I actually listen to all of the conversations, i skip none of them.. talk to all the crew between each planet.. work on the outfit, dyes, weapons I want for my characters appearance - which usually takes me about three to four hours before I even do the 1st quest..

I have the 50% xp armor but still have to do some planet quests to finish the class story at lvl 55 so I can go right to SoR (hate Makeb, dont wanna look at it or touch it). I seriously could not care less about level other then what level lets me skip Makeb. I don't stop doing the story until Ive done it all no matter when I hit 70. I just have no interest in breaking up class story with planet stuff.

Edited by Suzsi

I blame the current state of the game's low population on 5.0/Galactic Command/Command Crates/CXP. (Harbinger's Imperial Fleet has only one instance these days.)

July's Double CXP "event" week increased traffic, with more interest in operations, flashpoints, and pvp. More players who have access to better gear means more activity for existing and future endgame content.

Edited by jimmorrisson