Happy Two Year Anniversary from the Community Team

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One time the Community Team made a thread saying Happy Two Year Anniversary to us and asked us what our favorite memories were so I posted in it.

God those were good times, Happy Two Year Anniversary.

I would like to vote for this reply for "Most epic reply ever on the Swtor-boards"!

I salute you. :D

Have to repeat your sentences as well. Wow, already 2 years? :)

I have a lot of good memories, will share my top 3.

The first memory is when I actually logged in to the game and had to decide what role I will play. It was pretty much clear for me to play on the Republic side as I am a good guy and can't identify myself as an evil jerk. :)

Secondly I wanted to feel like a Jedi, so I had to decide between a Jedi Knight and a Jedi Sage. I took the Knight which later on became a Sentinel. I do not regret this decision at all. The story was mind-blowing and so entertaining. Leveling up my char didn't feel like an endless grind of stupid Quests. Moreover it was an entertaining movie I participated in.

Another thing is when we downed Dreadtooth on 10 stacks on Section X back in the days when the level cap was still 50. Wow, that fight was hard and entertaining at the same time. First time you needed to fill an Ops group with 24 man and execute the tactics a 100% to down it. I just liked that you could defeat the boss on different difficulty levels. I really hope you will do some more of this stuff in the future.

The 3rd memorable moment is, without any doubts: Soon™ ;)

As I don't wanna talk about bad things around the 2nd year anniversary, I will just say: Thank you BW for an amazing game. Keep listening to our feedback and make this game an even better place!

Edited by tman_ac

Two days from now is my husband and I's anniversary. We met in another MMO five years ago and moved to SWTOR when it was released and have been playing that with each other since then.

It's always great to have a game you can play with your significant other. Thanks, SWTOR, for all the roleplay characters, leveling up alts together and now, yelling at one another about which guy is shooting us up on GSF.

Two years already, what a ride so far! With all the things BioWare has accomplished with this game in two years, I'm looking forward to seeing how far we've come in another two.

I remember back in the early stages of the newly released game, there were some interesting bugs. I still miss "Mini Satele Shan" sometimes, but I'm glad it's fixed.

Edited by Pingonaut

So many great times, I simply can't pick just one!

-The first two days of the Rakghoul event when I was 100% surprised at content that wasn't in the patch notes.

-That epic moment when I beat my 1st Act 3 ( kept hitting esc on the cutscene so I could use EVERY dialogue combination).

-The first time set foot into SM KP (it was a blind run) A rancor!

-The first time the Gree came to Illum, ooh pets! ooh Legacy weapons! Ooh, glowy gear!

I didn't want to play MMOs, I heard they were addictive. I've had connectivity issues since forever. I used to go to internet cafes to play any online games because I never had a stable connection. Then my mate got me a 30m hardline to run to the router from my computer, instead of wireless, and a new world of gaming opened for me.

He got me SW:ToR, and I haven't stopped playing since about May 2012. My fondest memories are of finally downing that last boss in the hardest Operations out at the time. The anxiety of working with 7 other people I previously had never met before in my life, and working together towards a goal. Each incremental improvement in our attempt, our damage, our healing, our positioning that lead us up to that point where we successfully claimed our prize.

On Gav Daragon, Imperial side, there was a three way race to bring down Terror From Beyond. I loved the same community of people, we all recognised each other, and as a server we all worked together to try and support the server for as long as we could before it was torn from us.

I made new friends on that server, we've met up, had drinks, shared stories. I would've never expected to meet new people this way and I am grateful to SW:ToR for this opportunity. Thank you.

Has it really been two years? Time passes so quickly, and for me, that passage means its time to move on. I really enjoy playing swtor, and I hope to one day return as a subscriber. But I have played all of the story content that there is, and the awesome stories are what made this a really great game. Granted, it is Star Wars, but I have finished all 8 classes and in 2 years, there has not been any thing added to the stories. I hope that this changes some day, but in the mean time, I will be around as a preferred player. So long, and may the force be with you. :D

It's been an awesome two years to play this game, with a great dev team. I know that there have been a lot of up's and down's throughout the last year and a half or so, but I really think the team in place now has what it takes. This game has only gotten better in the last year. Keep up the good work!

It was my husband who leaned over my shoulder one day, as I was playing Dragon Age, who said, "You know, Bioware is coming out with an MMO. You should check out their webpage, see if you might like it." There are times he laughs at me, when he watches me leveling some new character in SWTOR. He says, "At least I know what to buy you whenever there's a new holiday ..." My office at work is now splattered with Star Wars stuff.

Seriously, I've only ever taken a couple of real "breaks" from SWTOR, since the Beta, in fact. One was for the release of Mass Effect 3, which saw me back playing Star Wars after I beat the game over a week's time. And I do plan on taking another break when the next Dragon Age is released. I've got plans for my Inquisitor, fingers crossed.

I only ever explored one other MMO, which won my attention for just shy of a month. Then I came running back. That particular game lacked any sense of real end-game, and I couldn't really get into it. I've been told they've improved some of the game mechanics but I'm truly not interested at this point. Mostly because I'm still having a blast, here.

I've leveled each one of the classes, so that I can safely participate in the "which is the best" threads here on the forums, lol. I definitely have my favorites, whether it's story or combat or simple mechanics. I have some characters I keep only because they're crafters. I've got others I adore so much I started writing their Legacy story down. Oh, and I'm a screenpic addict. Hey, the game's gorgeous, I think.

I just love SWTOR, honestly. I appreciate all the work that's gone into making it, improving it, expanding on it. I have my hopes for the days ahead, like any other player. But I'm pleased with what's come so far and look forward to the next anniversary message from you guys.

Thanks so much for all you do!

It was my husband who leaned over my shoulder one day, as I was playing Dragon Age, who said, "You know, Bioware is coming out with an MMO. You should check out their webpage, see if you might like it." There are times he laughs at me, when he watches me leveling some new character in SWTOR. He says, "At least I know what to buy you whenever there's a new holiday ..." My office at work is now splattered with Star Wars stuff.

Seriously, I've only ever taken a couple of real "breaks" from SWTOR, since the Beta, in fact. One was for the release of Mass Effect 3, which saw me back playing Star Wars after I beat the game over a week's time. And I do plan on taking another break when the next Dragon Age is released. I've got plans for my Inquisitor, fingers crossed.

I only ever explored one other MMO, which won my attention for just shy of a month. Then I came running back. That particular game lacked any sense of real end-game, and I couldn't really get into it. I've been told they've improved some of the game mechanics but I'm truly not interested at this point. Mostly because I'm still having a blast, here.

I've leveled each one of the classes, so that I can safely participate in the "which is the best" threads here on the forums, lol. I definitely have my favorites, whether it's story or combat or simple mechanics. I have some characters I keep only because they're crafters. I've got others I adore so much I started writing their Legacy story down. Oh, and I'm a screenpic addict. Hey, the game's gorgeous, I think.

I just love SWTOR, honestly. I appreciate all the work that's gone into making it, improving it, expanding on it. I have my hopes for the days ahead, like any other player. But I'm pleased with what's come so far and look forward to the next anniversary message from you guys.

Thanks so much for all you do!

Reminds me of my girlfriend who used to tease me about being a nerd and for liking Star Wars and MMO's. Now she plays more than I do, and she wanted the Star Wars Saga set on Blu-Ray this year for Christmas. Isn't love grand? I keep telling her when she says "I can't believe you turned me into a star wars fan!"

I just quote the Emperor:

"Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...muwhahahahhahahaha!"

Edited by Sindorin

I use that line all the time; gets me a lot of funny stares :)

In all seriousness, this game has been a bit of a life saver for me. I've gone through a couple of bouts of moderate depression over the past few years and am prone to anxiety attacks, and playing this game has at times just washed away all feelings of anxiety and dread and depression and everything else that plagues my mind. There is something about losing yourself in this game and focusing on nothing but clearing missions and leveling or focusing on a fp or op or just throwing snowballs at random passers-by or killing zillions of low level mobs or hunting datacrons trying to get an achievement that makes all your real-world problems, real or perceived, simply disappear even if for a little while.

As a Star Wars fanatic, having immersed myself in the movies and comics and now my beloved audio books (Drew Karpyshyn & ( Marc Thompson | Jonathan Davis ) = win) -- comics are the limit of my ability to read due to above listed mental issues coupled with having a hard time staring for extended periods at pages of text -- swtor has been the perfect escape for me. I made the mistake of taking a break last year around June/July after some in-game interpersonal issues and came back in January 2013 this year when I reached the end of my mental/emotional tether and it completely melted away all my problems. I can't even describe not only how much I love this game from a content perspective but how much it means to me on a personal level, as playing it really has helped me in a deep, personally meaningful way. <3 <3 <3 :)

Reminds me of my girlfriend who used to tease me about being a nerd and for liking Star Wars and MMO's. Now she plays more than I do, and she wanted the Star Wars Saga set on Blu-Ray this year for Christmas. Isn't love grand? I keep telling her when she says "I can't believe you turned me into a star wars fan!"

Oh, I'm far more a nerd than he's ever been. Heck, I've LARP'ed! He says, "Nope, I've still got some small standards." Which only makes me bust out laughing, every time.

Yeah, I was never really a Star Wars fan, though I liked the original trilogy. (I'm old enough to have seen it when it originally came out.) Like you, I started playing SWTOR because it was a Bioware game, and I fell in love with the stories. Between SWTOR and all the Star Wars novels and comics I've read since I started playing, I definitely count as a fan now. :)

Happy anniversary to the Community Team! Thanks for all of your hard work.

Yeah, I was never really a Star Wars fan, though I liked the original trilogy. (I'm old enough to have seen it when it originally came out.) Like you, I started playing SWTOR because it was a Bioware game, and I fell in love with the stories. Between SWTOR and all the Star Wars novels and comics I've read since I started playing, I definitely count as a fan now. :)

Happy anniversary to the Community Team! Thanks for all of your hard work.

Same here.

I like using quotes too. For instance, when I finally beat my nephew at so many video games, death matches, cpmpetitions, pvp matches, and the like (He used to beat me constantly,) I give him this quote from Episode IV: A New Hope. The conversation between Obi-Wan and Darth Vader goes something like this: "It has come full circle. When I left you, I was but a Learner. Now I am the Master!" We both get a chuckle from that.

Edited by Darth_Krushya
More info, grammar spelling