Is Darth Nihilus' mask a Kaleesh mask?

starwarsmarsian

No, because you can clearly see his jaw under the cloth, and it's humanoid.

And the mask is too small to be a Kaleesh mask, I think, but interesting thought.

You can just barely make out facial structure, that is it.

And we don't know nearly enough about Kaleesh attire to make such an assumption.

You can just barely make out facial structure, that is it.

And we don't know nearly enough about Kaleesh attire to make such an assumption.

Well the Wookiepedia page dictates him as human, but if the mask is Kaleesh he himself could be from Kalee.

The Kaleesh didn't exist when KOTOR II: TSL came out.....*Thinks of that one Marvel Star Wars Story* Well not in their present form with the masks.... Hence he isn't a Kaleesh. Unless Lucasarts and Bioware comes out and says he was a Kaleesh, he isn't one. Just some guy wearing a white mask.....who consumes the force. The Kaleesh (In Present Form) weren't invented until sometime after Revenge of the Sith to explain Grievous's backstory. Edited by CassusVerda

He has hair, and I didn't think Kaleesh had hair.

You don't see it in the game, but it's on the back of the action figure. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Nihilus_Dreads.jpg

That said, it's possible he picked up the mask and wore it regardless of his heritage. After all, Revan's mask is a Mandalorian mask, but he's not Mandalorian.

Hey - Nihilus was a Rasta????!!!!!

Maybe his Life Draining was a way of getting people to 'Chill' and 'Take it Easy'.... :p

Wouldn't it also be possible albeit in a strange way, that his mask was the foundation for the Kaleesh mask. Seeing as how the Kaleesh view death as a way to godhood, isn't it possible that viewpoint began with Nihilus becoming the way that everyone knows him as. Personally it somewhat makes some sense that viewing someone who should by all right have died, but survived only for his body to eventually die but still live on as Nihilus did. To me, it does seem like a plausible way to explain why the kaleesh way is that only the strongest ascend to godhood after death. Seeing as Nihilus' body died but he lived on, the kaleesh could view that was an ascension to godhood and wear similar masks that evolved with the times as a sort of symbol.

Wouldn't it also be possible albeit in a strange way, that his mask was the foundation for the Kaleesh mask. Seeing as how the Kaleesh view death as a way to godhood, isn't it possible that viewpoint began with Nihilus becoming the way that everyone knows him as. Personally it somewhat makes some sense that viewing someone who should by all right have died, but survived only for his body to eventually die but still live on as Nihilus did. To me, it does seem like a plausible way to explain why the kaleesh way is that only the strongest ascend to godhood after death. Seeing as Nihilus' body died but he lived on, the kaleesh could view that was an ascension to godhood and wear similar masks that evolved with the times as a sort of symbol.

I believe the Kaleesh masks (atleast Grievous') are Mumuu skulls. Probably spelled that wrong lol.