Sage TK Bug

UnlimitedEcko

Since the introduction of 2.0 My TK Sage has been encountering a game breaking bug. In rare instances when my Tidal Force procs, I am unable to attack or use any interactions for the duration of Tidal Force; even if I die I cannot use a medical probe or return to a medical center until Tidal Force has worn off.

Basically, what I am saying is for 30s I am unable to do anything at all. This has happened randomly in all situations of pve/pvp. On average in a 6-8 hour gameplay session I might get this bug 2-3 times.

Edited by UnlimitedEcko

• Dev Post

Hello there Sages,

Thanks for the reports! We are currently investigating this and appreciate your patience. Please continue to provide details as you have them, and I will updated you as more information is available.

• Dev Post
Thanks again for the reports, folks. We have this locked down internally and are working on a fix for an upcoming patch! While we'll not be able to fix it for Game Update 2.1.1, I will update when I know which patch it'll be in.

I thought it was just me! This definitely happens to me. I've had it happen at least 5 times since 2.0, i keep complaining about it, but no one i know seems to get it. It is extremely frustrating to have this happen in a wz, especially if it lasts more than 30 secs as i can get thrown out.

This bug appears to be getting progressively worse somehow. At least in PvP it is, I have noticed it with greater and greater occurrence over the last couple days to the point of today having it happen every 4th or 5th proc in single warzone.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks again for the reports, folks. We have this locked down internally and are working on a fix for an upcoming patch! While we'll not be able to fix it for Game Update 2.1.1, I will update when I know which patch it'll be in.

Ok, umm.. coming in on patch 2.2 and still no word? I'm still having issues with this and would be wonderful if some kind of news was given towards the solution.

• 2 weeks later...

Any new word on this ? ? ?

It is the 1st time a bug has actually made me thing of canceling my sub. However that is a path that will come soon b/c this bug is a true game breaker.... at least until it is fixed.

Please give us an update.

Thank you

Related to this - in fact probably the same issue, I'm just also seeing something else.

So I'm spamming disturbance and as soon as Tidal force procs I immediately hit telekinetic wave but it's almost as if I hit it "too quickly" and my character starts casting the ability with the full 3 second delay - even though the tidal force icon is showing. If I cancel the long cast and try to cast again it still starts the 3 second delay.

It's as if you hit telekinetic wave too quickly and at that point you're stuffed.

This is game breaking for many, many players - certainly more so than the ability to spawn multiple copies of an black/yellow crystal and sell them to a vendor - I'm so pleased that issue got a patch to itself yet one knocking out around at least an eighth of the playerbase still hasn't been looked into.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Dev Post
Hello Force Users,

We added this to the Known Issues last week, and the fix is currently scheduled for Game Update 2.2.2. Thanks for your reports and patience!

As a follow up here, the fix for this will not be in Game Update 2.2.2 tomorrow. We are working on it for 2.2.3 currently, and should that change, I'll be sure to update this thread.

As a follow up here, the fix for this will not be in Game Update 2.2.2 tomorrow. We are working on it for 2.2.3 currently, and should that change, I'll be sure to update this thread.

Lol shocker.

So basically....what you're saying is.......

"We have some more stuff in the cartel market - get your wallets ready",

"We've fixed some codex issues and some achievements"

"However the game breaking bug for all you Sages & Sorcerers - yer, you know the one.....where suddenly you are ineffective in OP's, PvP etc - well, although we're apparently had this locked down for ages now we still aren't going to roll it out for fear of you guys actually being useful again!"

Just put the fix on the cartel market, seriously. I'll give you real money for it - up to my current balance which is thousands of coins.

"However the game breaking bug for all you Sages & Sorcerers - yer, you know the one.....where suddenly you are ineffective in OP's, PvP etc - well, although we're apparently had this locked down for ages now we still aren't going to roll it out for fear of you guys actually being useful again!"

Just put the fix on the cartel market, seriously. I'll give you real money for it - up to my current balance which is thousands of coins.

Have u ever thought about the idea that there might be more than one department involved in developing this game? How is an artdesigner going to help with your problem, when he lays down his work on new cartel-market items?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Dev Post

Hello folks,

As another update, unfortunately testing revealed that this is not fully fixed, so we are not able to deploy with 2.2.3 as we'd hoped. Sorry for the delays here, but this is absolutely being worked on! When more info is available, I will be sure to follow up.

Have u ever thought about the idea that there might be more than one department involved in developing this game? How is an artdesigner going to help with your problem, when he lays down his work on new cartel-market items?

Well it's possible BW didn't want to have the same problem as they had with the Revan's Heir CM item not having an icon, so they delayed the Sage fix until the art department could properly put a logo to the CM item that will be the sage fix. ;)

Hello folks,

As another update, unfortunately testing revealed that this is not fully fixed, so we are not able to deploy with 2.2.3 as we'd hoped. Sorry for the delays here, but this is absolutely being worked on! When more info is available, I will be sure to follow up.

Wow two updates in row now where this is getting pushed back. :(

This is a major bug.... I am sad to see it can't be figured out by the team in Austin in a timely manner. This has been going on since 2.0 and we are now going to go past 2.2.3 :mad:

It's not like this is a graphical issue. This is a complete game breaker.

This should not have to wait for another update to be corrected.

Sorry for the rant but how long ago did 2.0 roll out. My frustrations are starting to get to me.

P.S. Thanks for the update Amber! I guess ! :eek:

Edited by Skaol-dirtyd

• 2 weeks later...