Some will never be satisfied

Przemo_No

I guess it falls into statistics now (but then it also shows good state of the game, after all), but reading from the comments I see the it is impossible for developers to satisfy some players.

If ones are happy with something, there's always another group completely unhappy with the things the first group is happy with.

And vice versa.

Sure you can implement (and probably partially it is done this way) statistics and do what majority wants, but there will always be unhappy people. It was always like that with everything.

Thus I hope BW can filter all those "because I want THIS NOW!!!" and develop the game further using the reason and leaving spoiled screams apart.

I will pass on the "spoiled screams", just because someone disagree with a development choice, it doesn't mean it's spoiled screams.

As for not being able to satisfied everyone, that's true but it's even more true when a game lacks a clear direction and has no clearly identified targeted audience. When you give a bit of content to many different people, you get a completely heterogeneous group of people and each different audience is trying to get more things their way and complains when they don't.

If it was more clear who is this game made for and if we had in advance general informations about what's coming, more people would know if the game is really made for them or not. Some would leave but some would join too instead of hesitating to start playing.

I will pass on the "spoiled screams", just because someone disagree with a development choice, it doesn't mean it's spoiled screams.

As for not being able to satisfied everyone, that's true but it's even more true when a game lacks a clear direction and has no clearly identified targeted audience. When you give a bit of content to many different people, you get a completely heterogeneous group of people and each different audience is trying to get more things their way and complains when they don't.

If it was more clear who is this game made for and if we had in advance general informations about what's coming, more people would know if the game is really made for them or not. Some would leave but some would join too instead of hesitating to start playing.

That's very, very true. The bits and pieces we get thrown are very confusing. Right now it seems devs want to please PvPers, those that play WZs or Space Missions. But to RPGers or story fanatics.... well, it's a dry spot. They keep cramming stuff into the CM that should be available in-game. It's rather confusing.

Edited by Lent_San

I came from RPG/Single player games.

Never played any MMO before.

But I have learned it's ways and I enjoy both parts of the game.

Ok, there may be some flaws here and there, but in general it IS possible either to play it completely solo or only in PVP.

Long time ago I said it seems the developers tried to satisfy completely opposite groups of "audience" and it generated the whole issue, but on the other hand there was enough content for both.

And seeing from the history, the patches are either for PVP or for PVE.

Maybe it cannot be done otherwise.

But it does not justify that much impatience and complaints as we see on the forums.

Well, at least I have lot more relaxed approach to this.

You hit the nail on the head. I've been thinking this for months. At the beginning (mainly before launch) everything was very story-driven. After the loss of subs and the resulting reduction of both budget and staff everything became much more group-oriented, with replayable content (Warzones, Operations and, to a lesser degree, Flashpoints). And obviously the game became much more focused on fluff/customization with the Cartel Market implementation. Now they have this PvP event that seems to annoy lots of PvE players. :rolleyes:

Oh well, I'll be around as long as I have class stories to play. Even if I couldn't care less about raids, get sometimes kicked to desktop while playing warzones (I like pvp though, even if I play it casually) and can't afford to buy fluff on the Cartel Market other than what I can manage to buy with the coins I get for being a subscriber :p

Edited by Khyle

I have to agree, this game seems produce the most negative community I have ever come across in my MMO experience, I think it is like a previous poster said, the game seems to lack a focus and direction and indeed a target audience so it tends to create a community of people who all want something to bring the game within their sphere of preference.

I think the old saying is apt here....

'You can please some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time...'