The Grief Adventures!

Psirebral

Whenever I showed up in mid and there were no lines I was sad as there was nobody to kill.

I wish I recorded some =D. Some great fights in there, especially loved those poor souls that would solo attack a group of four. Worst day was when Cov decided to play guardian angels and attack everyone who stepped out of line (literally). Good thing there were so many instances.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The unfortunate truth about some highly competitive pvp'ers is that they cannot pass up an opportunity to take advantage of overwhelming odds. It's like crack to them. But on the other hand some pve'ers have such a high sense of entitlement that they believe they should be allowed to perform every quest at their liesure... It's kind of too bad that this senario brings out both types. In the future maybe bioware will design in penalties for people not pvp'ing and taking turns, and for people just ganking and not focusing on the objectives. But I guess they assumed both the gankers and carebears would even each other out. Because in the end how long can you shoot fish in a barrel before it gets mind numbing? Maybe as long as it takes for carebears to figure out there is ZERO reason to be in the pvp zone if you don't want to pvp. (go get the rep in the pve area) Edited by Choffware

The unfortunate truth about some highly competitive pvp'ers is that they cannot pass up an opportunity to take advantage of overwhelming odds. It's like crack to them. But on the other hand some pve'ers have such a high sense of entitlement that they believe they should be allowed to perform every quest at their liesure... It's kind of too bad that this senario brings out both types. In the future maybe bioware will design in penalties for people not pvp'ing and taking turns, and for people just ganking and not focusing on the objectives. But I guess they assumed both the gankers and carebears would even each other out. Because in the end how long can you shoot fish in a barrel before it gets mind numbing? Maybe as long as it takes for carebears to figure out there is ZERO reason to be in the pvp zone if you don't want to pvp. (go get the rep in the pve area)

you sir, i like

C O V E N A N T........ just loves it when members of Goof come to our forums to read our forum post. Then makes comments in our chat box, and instead of putting a name with a comment. They instead post Goofer so we can not put a name with a character, so I want to know who has time to post a comment every minute on another guilds website. I guess you guys have time to read other guilds post and chat when switching instances in Illum when C O V E N A N T arrives??

Have a look if you like.... (this is for non Goof troop members..........we know Goof cares so much what we think apparently)

http://www.covenant-guild.info/

Hey Abb,

Just calm down man, the reason I posted that fast in succession on your shout box is because the silly thing has a character limit, who knew?

Also I wanted to Shout back to those guys making the Big Lebowski references, the next one would have been,

This isn't 'Nam, there are rules!

but Shout Box got locked to members, it's not like I was saying mean stuff :(

You guys are awesome!

Abb, you need to have some of what those guys are smoking, they are very chill. And the main reason I was cruising your page was because you guys have gotten increasingly hostile and I was curious if there was any byplay from the forums on your website (also I'm in the middle of nowhere currently with a 600 ping so I havent really been able to play and have been staving off boredom). Sure enough the first thread on your forum list at the top right (which you've since locked) was talking about Goof Troop and calling us names, which I found surprising since I've pvp'ed with you guys and never had a problem. I then said this in the Shout Box on your Guild Website rather than air this business in front of the whole server so as not to be a drama queen.

I did tease you about waiting in line to cap orbs in Hypergate, but it wasn't like I was being vicious.

This is Jackburton, the man too lazy to make a forum signature.

Apparently, This is what happens, when you find a stranger in the Alps.

Hey Abb,

You guys are awesome!

Abb, you need to have some of what those guys are smoking, they are very chill.

What makes you think I'm not chilled? I'm not sure what bad names you are thinking we called GoofTroop in our forums lol. The title of the forum post was "And they call C O V E N A N T the douchebags of The Harbinger" then a simple post of your guys video in it. Then another post claiming I have one better

That being said it seemed to me someone else got defensive, we were just having fun in a pvp zone on Ilum.....it just so happens that you guys where there yesturday and our guild 4v4 you guys and wipped the 4 that was there multiple times until they went to another zone. Soooo not sure why people think im upset lol .

I love PvP, particularly on this server.

When Covenant was doing the gree dailies (at least when I was there) we refused to wait in line. Sometimes we would wipe a group, especially if they attacked us while one of us was solo, or if we decided we didn't like the way they were looking at us. And especially if they were Imps.

So, yeah, we aren't innocent. But, you can't have any fun without getting dirty.

Now, when the video was posted you stated you expected backlash. Why, then, are you surprised that some people thought it was kind of a douche move? They are entitled to that opinion just as much as you were entitled, by the rules in effect on Ilum, to attack all those folks.

Does Covenant have a problem with Goof Troop? Only in that we see you as competition, so there is bound to be competitive mistrust.

Do we hate all Goof Troopers? No. I'm sure each of us has a few of you we've decided to dislike. That's the nature of human interaction. I'm sure there are some Goof Troopers who hate me (or at least have a strong dislike for me). You're entitled to your opinion.

We can't all get along, and there is no reason we should have to, but lets not forget: this is a video game.

Edited by Archiah

I get that. It should have been put up in a private forum. I was just trying to point out that it was more like water cooler talk than anything else. (I didn't do a good job, I know.)

"Dude, did you talk to Jerry today?"

"Yea, he was being a total dick earlier."

"I know he kept telling me I was doing it all wrong, like he knows **** about it."

"Hey, Jerry, what's up, man"

Two things.

First: The best pvpers play on the pvp server(s). The rest are wannabes.

I can assure you that that's not the case. I only recently stopped playing on the Bastion server and last winter/spring played a lot on the Fatman, both of which are/were PVP servers. The quality of the players is honestly not too different. In fact, Imp players on the Harbinger are probably better here than they are on the Bastion. I'm also now playing frequently on Jedi Covenant, another PVE server, and it has the highest quality of PVP I have seen since the early days of Drooga's Pleasure Barge.

Here is my pseudo-haiku for you:

After douchebag video,

Goof Troop insulted by Cov

calling them douchebags

Haikus are 5-7-5 on the syllables.. like this:

COVENANT likes to

make their forum posts filled with

some grade school insults

Edit: Or at least I pronouce "covenent" with 3 syllables. Some of you yankees might not.

Edited by NomDeGrrr

Haikus are 5-7-5 on the syllables.. like this:

COVENANT likes to

make forum posts filled with

some grade school insults

Edit: Or at least I pronouce "covenent" with 3 syllables. Some of you yankees might not.

Yea I was trying to come up with different first lines and mixed them up. It is corrected now. And calling you a bunch of douchebags for douchebag behavior is not really grade-school insults.

Edit: I like how we are being painted the bad guys by you by simply calling you out for being mean to people for really no other reason than to stroke your collective e-peens.

Edited by AltruisticRage

You're all baG guys!

Edit: Nice ninja edit of your typo Altruistic!

That being said, don't go in a pvp area and ***** and complain when somebody wants to.....PVP.

If your only rebuttal is to point out a typo, I think we know you have nothing to say.

Just because the rules allow something, doesn't make it right. This is something that is very important for young people to learn.