Bioware, do you intend to revert TTK to pre 1.2, or is the current TTK intended?

Ashuranrx

To be fair, I can't say if statistics prove things one way or another. My point is simply that my merc BM hit for 7736 tonight on a crit, which seems a bit high. By the same token I regularly get hit for 4 to 6 K in full BM. How can that be intended TTK?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH this game has ALOT of ezmode classes, (tankasins, sorcs, bhs) and scrubs flock to these classes when they found in beta they had all kinds of advantages in pvp. im glad sents and guardians got a slight buff, after all they take actual skill to master.

well stop being fanboys if u l2p....deal?

cry more

read through every post i have made on these forums. I never cried about the game being unbalanced in pvp until now, my first qq post I have ever made. The game was fine before even though I play a class that was nerfed 2 times I will admit it was necessary. I never complained about sorc's being overpowered. I could 1 v 1 any class in the game and at the same time lose 1 v 1 to any class in the game because it was pretty well balanced before and that's the truth. What bothers me now is no strategy in the wz's....true zerg fest

read through every post i have made on these forums. I never cried about the game being unbalanced in pvp until now, my first qq post I have ever made. The game was fine before even though I play a class that was nerfed 2 times I will admit it was necessary. I never complained about sorc's being overpowered. I could 1 v 1 any class in the game and at the same time lose 1 v 1 to any class in the game because it was pretty well balanced before and that's the truth. What bothers me now is no strategy in the wz's....true zerg fest

it ALWAYS was

Healing from expertise was untouched and unchecked yet again. There is no counter stat. Damage output was increased by 1.76%, no more. You are grasping at straws where there are none for an excuse as to why you are dying in warzones really fast, when in all likelihood 1.2 caused a surge of previously inactive full BM players to come back and pvp (you weren't ready for experienced players). OR you are just making it up entirely about TTK.

And about the "insane buffs" to marauders/juggernauts, I don't know what to tell you. Take that dead horse argument elsewhere, class balance is fine, healing in general (in pvp) is not (because its overpowered).

You obviously don't play a healer. Healing was nerfed across the board (minus operatives). Some say it was because of PvE, but w/e case, healing is in shambles. Unless you role w/ a dedicated tank, your screwed. Class balance is fine if your on the giving end, but hurts when you're on the receiving.

1.76% is not causing "TTK" issues. L2P issues are causing TTK issues.

If you want to say that a 6000 damage crit (rare) turning into a 6000 *1.0176 = 6105 damage crit is causing you to die in half the time as before and argue that everyone's gameplay is ruined, then I'm done teaching children and arguing with lesser people. :rolleyes:

The only people "seeing gameplay quality issues" are people who planned to whine about 1.2 previously (no not a conspiracy theory); these are just the type of people who volunteer for a hiking trip and spend the whole time complaining about hiking.

I provided unbiased facts provided by in-game data that anyone anywhere can test themselves, what have you done?

reading the context of someone's post ftw....

To be fair, I can't say if statistics prove things one way or another. My point is simply that my merc BM hit for 7736 tonight on a crit, which seems a bit high. By the same token I regularly get hit for 4 to 6 K in full BM. How can that be intended TTK?

I would double check your expertise. Chances are your gear was nerfed to 600- expertise while a full recruit (basically free costing only 250k) gives 920 expertise.

920 expertise compared to non-expertise people (the morons wearing pve gear in a warzone) are whats causing big numbers. It can be seen how a previous 13% max damage boost that would normally be mitigated by 13% would cause a 13% harder hit on a PVE man. Whereas NOW with 22% damage boost which would normally be mitigated, when hitting a PVE man REALLY packs a hard punch.

This is not a damage boost, this is further separation of PvP gear from PvE gear. Fresh 50's who don't buy recruit get hit for 7k due to 0 expertise.

Edited by MrXen

it ALWAYS was

I don't think that was the sentiment among pvp'ers. One thing everyone complained about was all the stuns. Like I said minor tweaks were needed...but not a complete demolition of a balanced system....

well maybe from my perspective it always was a zergfes.....dps "guardian" heavy armor that mitigates next to nothing in pvp. 1 gap closer. sub par damage compared to any other class including ranged (who are already at an advantage), no heals, sheild and defensive stat that blocks nothing but an enemies basic attack (how often have you used that in pvp)

heck marauders have more surviveabilty with there godmode cds....lol

so yeh pvp has always been a zergfest to me

reading the context of someone's post ftw....

I read your post, I saw "i don't care about the obvious or the factual, i care about how i am personally performing with the current surge of players due to the recently released 1.2 patch causing a population spike in activity."

I deal in facts, logic, and common sense, not how you feel in a warzone now with a bunch of inactives coming back to play 1.2. :rolleyes:

I don't think that was the sentiment among pvp'ers. One thing everyone complained about was all the stuns. Like I said minor tweaks were needed...but not a complete demolition of a balanced system....

i am one of the pvpers u are referring to. valor 70+ so iv done plenty. and imo it has always been a dps race, why early on i switched from def guardian to dps spec. and of course the stuns are redic. they have no place in pvp. ok ok 1 stun every min or so would be strategic, chain stunning, is just the product of a broken system exploited by all.

Edited by vrgadin

I read your post, I saw "i don't care about the obvious or the factual, i care about how i am personally performing with the current surge of players due to the recently released 1.2 patch causing a population spike in activity."

I deal in facts, logic, and common sense, not how you feel in a warzone now with a bunch of inactives coming back to play 1.2. :rolleyes:

zing! hahahah

pre 1.2 i ran around ilum with a full tank spec commando, i'm a dps scoundrel off heals. we won a 5 v 2 fight because 1. we knew how to play 2. it wasn't a always dps race pre 1.2.

I don't care what gear they had 5 v 2 is not usually a fight you will win. Strategy ftw IMO

i'm like most of you don't post too often, and very upset with the state of pvp atm...lol i have a full time job already it's not fun for me to play a game just to grind for gear...pointless...ne ways i would love to see the pvp changed back to the way it was prior to 1.2, still not sure if it would bring me back as I have already unsubbed....that is more of a customer service problem than anything...bioware seem clueless and like most mmos just listen to the qq'ers when they already had a perfectly good game that needed 1 or 2 minor tweaks...but just like every other clueless mmo go out and completely change everything and alienate their biggest player base...lol they don't deserve my $$$

Sorry mate but it was your own comrades that did you in on the gearing issue. For a month straight people (Battlemaster and above) *****ed that fresh 50's would be handed gear that they worked so hard for once 1.2 hit. There was multiple threads about it everyday. So BW went ahead and made WH gear the single greatest PvP grind in MMO history (at least it feels like it). Thank your fellow posters for that one.

pre 1.2 i ran around ilum with a full tank spec commando, i'm a dps scoundrel off heals. we won a 5 v 2 fight because 1. we knew how to play 2. it wasn't a always dps race pre 1.2.

I don't care what gear they had 5 v 2 is not usually a fight you will win. Strategy ftw IMO

healer pocket healing still works in 1.2.

Sorry mate but it was your own comrades that did you in on the gearing issue. For a month straight people (Battlemaster and above) *****ed that fresh 50's would be handed gear that they worked so hard for once 1.2 hit. There was multiple threads about it everyday. So BW went ahead and made WH gear the single greatest PvP grind in MMO history (at least it feels like it). Thank your fellow posters for that one.

wh gear aint even worth the grind....tiny bit better, nothing some power mods ripped and put into bm and a little skill wont compensate for. i prob wont even bother grinding wh gear, if i get it someday, so be it. if i dont, who cares

I love how people make sweeping generalisations, for example:

"You are hurting your player base with these changes."

I pvp, that is all I do. I pvpd since the game was released. I enjoy the changes. Am I not part of the player base?

The difference is I don't whinge on the forums. The vocal minority are present on the forums, that is all.

Secondly, the TTK hasn't increased. What changed was the amount of expertise on gear. So the people who had BM gear to start with were doing more damage because those they were fighting had less expertise. When you get better gear, you take longer to die.

Things you can do to increase the TTK. Use defensive CD's. Use consumables, queue with a healing friend, queue with a tank friend. Play more defensively, focus more on achieving the objectives... the list goes on.

healer pocket healing still works in 1.2.

i'm too lazy and stupid and don't have enough patience to sit around and look up math equations based upon a video game. So can you please explain to me why an ability like demolition round now crits for over 5k when before 1.2 it at the most was hitting for a 3k crit. I'm talking about on an under-geared player. On a geared player it was critting for 2k to 2.5. From what I read in your other posts that doesn't seem like a 1% increase. I'm not a mathematician but those numbers don't quite seem accurate to me. Mind explaining? It's the same thing with back blast, I play a scoundel I could hit a 3k crit at the most. Now i'm doing around 4k....

I love how people make sweeping generalisations, for example:

"You are hurting your player base with these changes."

I pvp, that is all I do. I pvpd since the game was released. I enjoy the changes. Am I not part of the player base?

The difference is I don't whinge on the forums. The vocal minority are present on the forums, that is all.

Secondly, the TTK hasn't increased. What changed was the amount of expertise on gear. So the people who had BM gear to start with were doing more damage because those they were fighting had less expertise. When you get better gear, you take longer to die.

Things you can do to increase the TTK. Use defensive CD's. Use consumables, queue with a healing friend, queue with a tank friend. Play more defensively, focus more on achieving the objectives... the list goes on.

yup agreed, they arent hurting squat, i just adapt, maybe 1.2 will weed out the scrubs and cleanse the forums of the whiners? nahhhhh

i'm too lazy and stupid and don't have enough patience to sit around and look up math equations based upon a video game. So can you please explain to me why an ability like demolition round now crits for over 5k when before 1.2 it at the most was hitting for a 3k crit. I'm talking about on an under-geared player. On a geared player it was critting for 2k to 2.5. From what I read in your other posts that doesn't seem like a 1% increase. I'm not a mathematician but those numbers don't quite seem accurate to me. Mind explaining? It's the same thing with back blast, I play a scoundel I could hit a 3k crit at the most. Now i'm doing around 4k....

i think u quoted the wrong person......i wasnt the guy with the numbers. i will agree it seems we are all a bit crunchier but i have just adjusted and it seems normal now, so i dunno just adapt and youll forget what it used to be like.

Edited by vrgadin

I found your problem, turns out its not the time to kill...