First person SWTOR, whoa

Daveram

Just a discussion I just recently found out you can play pretty much in first person mode if you zoom in the mouse all the way. Has anyone been playing like this? It seems harder to do but also a lot better in game experience. It makes you feel like you're there.

This would be really cool if it was properly implemented.

And by properly implemented i mean the way the camera comes to first person for instance in the Sith Inquisitor story, in Korriban when you are about to free Khem Val, at a certain point you shoot lightning to a door and it is then when you get to shoot lightning first person.

Unfortunately it cant be done. A missed opportunity.

Just a discussion I just recently found out you can play pretty much in first person mode if you zoom in the mouse all the way. Has anyone been playing like this? It seems harder to do but also a lot better in game experience. It makes you feel like you're there.

No, definately not a better experience, as people have already said, it feels off, and can make some things arkward. Although, there are time when searching the ground for objectives, it is easier in first person :)

I ran around with my Scoundrel spamming Lacerating Blast in first person and it felt like I was playing Doom, except the shotgun was invisible and there weren't any demons. Nothing a little extra imagination couldn't handle, of course.

Do it on taris plenty of 'demons' there...lol

I have to admit there are some interesting perspectives when seeing through that mode... But as it has already been pointed out, unfortunately a player can also miss a lot too.

Edited by OlBuzzard

Looked at it, definitely not for me. I have mine zoomed out to 70% most of the time. But my wife nearly (not quite) has it zoomed right in, When I taught her to pvp, I had to explain why she needed to zoom out to give better situational awareness.

I couldn’t imaging pvping or doing any difficult content in this game zoomed right in.

Looked at it, definitely not for me. I have mine zoomed out to 70% most of the time. But my wife nearly (not quite) has it zoomed right in, When I taught her to pvp, I had to explain why she needed to zoom out to give better situational awareness.

I couldn’t imaging pvping or doing any difficult content in this game zoomed right in.

lol yeah me neither

This would be really cool if it was properly implemented.

And by properly implemented i mean the way the camera comes to first person for instance in the Sith Inquisitor story, in Korriban when you are about to free Khem Val, at a certain point you shoot lightning to a door and it is then when you get to shoot lightning first person.

Unfortunately it cant be done. A missed opportunity.

yeah it would be super awesome to have 1st person or 3rd person, another game i played did that i forgot which one tho

Quite honestly the idea of 1st person mode doesn't really work with this type of game unless you are in one of the four classes that can manage it: IA, Smuggler ,Trooper and BH, as those are a natural fit with 1st person mode.

Due to the way the skill animations play on some of these force using classes you'd be more dizzy than ever, take for example the jedi knight using vigilance spec: the amount of twisting and turning and head movement, it would be completely unsuitable for 1st person mode as the camera goes with the head. and what happens if you get stunned on the floor and your target lock is lost, so you'd be on the floor and then having to find your target again.

This game also has an old glitch that was never fixed within regards to characters that sometimes get stuck in an animation until you move the character to get them unstuck from it, so that could also contribute the camera being positioned as if you were stuck looking up until you moved your character at times.

lastly the background world animation will need to be redone, right now the background animation looks like you are in one of those glass balls full of water that you shake about to get the snow effect. however the part that connects the whole upper skybox is a bit of a mess on some worlds.

• 2 weeks later...
Quite honestly the idea of 1st person mode doesn't really work with this type of game unless you are in one of the four classes that can manage it: IA, Smuggler ,Trooper and BH, as those are a natural fit with 1st person mode.

It wouldn't even work for those in any PVE content beyond Vet mode,where you'd probably miss some mechanics, or in PVP where you have to be hyper aware of what is going on behind you as well in front.