KOTET Livestream - 11/23

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Today will be our last Knights of the Eternal Throne livestream before launch! This week's stream is going to be a wrap-up of all things KOTET, including answering any remaining questions you might have. We have a few special extras planned as well, so be sure to tune in.

Here are the details:

When: Today, Wednesday 11/23

When: 4PM CST / 2PM PST

Where: http://www.twitch.tv/swtor

Thanks everyone, we'll see you there.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope you will finally answer my questions. :)

• A reassurance that GC has nothing to do with the Cartel Market, that you will not sell any CXP boosts on the CM and that you still don't want the game to go P2W.
  • An explanation why repair costs are being quadrupled in endgame PvE, and how do you think it is justified to tax only endgame raiders and not e.g. PvP players who aren't interested in buying decorations.
  • A statement regarding unassembled tokens. Will they be converted or be scrapped?
  • A fulfillment of your promise to get the answer to the Crystal of Nightmare Fury crafting materials. What are your plans for it come 5.0?
  • An explanation how we can get 4.0 crafting materials come 5.0.

If you can do this, I'm impressed, then you would truly follow WoW's example in how a Q&A should look like. I don't care if these questions are super-specific, for all I care you can do a 1-hour rapid fire session where you go through the questions one after another. The normal questions (when is the expansion coming out, how does GC/DvL work, or the above questions by JediAkemi) we already know the answers to, you don't need to cover those.

When: Today, Thursday 11/23

Today is Wednesday, not Thursday. Unless you want to do it on Thanksgiving after all. :D

Edited by Jerba

Probably not be able to watch the stream but here is the information I'm interested in:

Which instanced content will and will not be bolstered and to what ilvls? I'd like to know specific ilvl or "none" for each of TFP, HMFP, PvP Regs and Ranked, SM/HM/NiM Ops. Leaving anything out will be taken as "there is none" and I will know to avoid that activity.

If either PvP mode is not bolstered to the highest ilvl how do you plan to mitigate the gear gap? Any answer that involves levelling up Galactic Command will be taken as "there is none" and I will know to avoid that activity.

When will you be sunsetting Galactic Command? Failing that, do you have any plans to mitigate how alt-hostile it is?

One question I have is will you know when you have hit the command mastery level that now grants the chance for the next level gear? For instance my Guardian will open the first x crates to get a full tank set for the next level of gear, once he has that I like the idea of opening the next few as dps until I reach a point were the next level of gear starts and then I will again be opening tank gear...

Also what happens at level 300....yes the final level and all but does that mean the character no longer gains gear? Or. does he keep getting crates at a certain given pace. I mean I know that maybe it will take a while to hit 300 but I expect it will happen and it seems off that when you do effectively the game is just done for you. What if heaven forbid you never finished your top end set because you kept getting non-set pieces or belts endlessly? That would really stink but given random chance it could happen.

The days of the week got me afterall! Good catch and fixed.

-eric

Eric, I can give you an advice that would make your life easier. There's a magical thing called Calendar. If you ask nicely some close person you may find it under a Christmas tree and I would recommend the weekly version. It's a magical item that gives you + 30 to day awareness, + 12 to month awareness and + 365 to year awareness :) All you have to do is to place it on some nice place you can see and turn a page every Monday.

Couldn't resist, man :D

One question I have is will you know when you have hit the command mastery level that now grants the chance for the next level gear? For instance my Guardian will open the first x crates to get a full tank set for the next level of gear, once he has that I like the idea of opening the next few as dps until I reach a point were the next level of gear starts and then I will again be opening tank gear...

Also what happens at level 300....yes the final level and all but does that mean the character no longer gains gear? Or. does he keep getting crates at a certain given pace. I mean I know that maybe it will take a while to hit 300 but I expect it will happen and it seems off that when you do effectively the game is just done for you. What if heaven forbid you never finished your top end set because you kept getting non-set pieces or belts endlessly? That would really stink but given random chance it could happen.

When you get a Command Crate, it will say Tier 1, Tier 2 or Tier 3 in the tooltip, so you'll know what gear level it contains before opening them.

At max level, you will refill the bar for level 300 over and over again, and keep getting boxes every time you hit the max.

Question:

Is the Dark Vs Light Galactic Conquest/control/thingie faction specific. That is if my Dark Side Jedi goes darkside and Darkside win will it be Sith (i.e. Imperial NPCs) that spawn OR will it be a mix of sith and dark Jedi that Spawn? While my Dark Jedi may be a Dark Jedi this does not make him a Sith or to have fought for the Empire, so I don't want to be supporting the opposing faction and will select Lightside.

Question:

Will the story continue to reward lightside, cowardly and whimpy choices where love and forgiveness are the most power things in the galaxy or will Darkside, Pragmatic and difficult choices be reward. Where actions have consequences and love and forgiveness do not fix everything and forgiving your enemy just allows them to stick a knife in your back.

Case in point Chapter 1 of Kotet has been released, Arcann can be spared or he can be killed. Will Sparing someone that killed millions, engaged in wars and oribital bombardments, froze you in carbonate, killed his brother. etc etc etc be met with universal applause and waves of love spread out across the galaxy magically fixing everything he ever did, where a few people grumble but ultimately smile and say its for the best. Where as killing him will lose you 2 companions, insight into the eternal throne, some how play into Valkorians plans and have no or a detrimental effect to your war effort.

i.e. in short has the story gone fairy tale kingdom, where hugs are the most powerful thing in the galaxy and anyone who is not a four year old girl will find it tacky, implausible, sickening and insulting to call it Star Wars and ultimately be a sick joke by the creative team to see how bad they can make the Kotet story before Lucas Arts and Disney beg them to stop?

Someone on the forum already asked for a summary of the questions that need to be answered. Here is a copy of my post in his thread. Good luck.

1. What will the confirmed max level GC be?

2. How many tiers of gear will there be? And how are they distributed across the GC ranks?

3. What will the RNG drop rate be for set pieces (2% at opening box? 5%? 10%?). In other words, give us stats!

4. How long will it take on average to level up one GC rank?

5. What is the required rating gear for HM and NiM OPS in 5.0?

6. When will there be server merges?

7. What will the new group content be after Uprisings and DvL?

8. What do the new abilities look like?

9. Are you implementing a back up system for gear, in case people have unlucky RNG? Any other system than crafting.

10. On https://www.hardcoregamer.com/2016/11/22/knights-of-the-eternal-throne-is-star-wars-bioware-at-its-best/236704/ was an article about SWTOR, stating: "There isn’t a new raid coming with this update; SWTOR isn’t raid focused and probably never will be". Another statement is: "Replacing new raid content in this expansion are Uprisings. These four player fast-paced dungeons will throw you right into the action."

Has this form of reasoning been given by a developer to them, or are they making stuff up?

11. When will the people who subscribed before the 4th of october get their 30 days free subscription (as was stated within the marketing e-mail)? Not a single person has received it up until this date.

Something else:

9. Why do we need to receive key information from datamining and third party websites and not from you guys?

10. Why are you so incredibly silent on the forums, while you said you would adress all the concerns being posted there?

11. Can you remove the RNG?

12. Can you remove the RNG?

13. Can you remove the RNG?

14. Can you remove the RNG?

Thanks

Edited by cashtwomuchos

The days of the week got me afterall! Good catch and fixed.

-eric

Wow it's quite astonishing how often you guys are getting this sort of thing wrong lately. Proof read before clicking post perhaps?

It really gives me a gloomy feeling that similar levels of QA are being applied to KotET. :(

Pretty sad that I have absolutely no excitement for 5.0. None, zero, zilch.

The way the story ended was a huge disappointment for me, and I could care less about how it progresses.

The gear grind is just brutal, absolutely brutal now

I'm going to finish out this week and then un-sub the day 5.0 launches

Like you're removing RNG gearing??? Bringing tokens back??? A vendor even?? Is it that kinda special or like a mount giveaway? :D

Search your feelings Luke

GC and RNG gearing is perfect in their eyes, and if not; then no biggie. they said they could change it a later unspecified date....so no worries

Are you improving the way your reward for participation in your twitch channel?

Its on a state of sorrow since the codes used today go very fast and useless. Why dont you add UNIVERSAL CODES instead like other MMOS have? or at least choose a winner from chat rather than give false hopes to people. Needs lots of improving for next time.

Thanks for the stream! You answered most of my concerns, that was much more than expected, good job! :)

I have one question left, what will happen to the Crystal of Nightmare Fury? Specifically what crafting materials are we going to need? The sooner you can get us the answer, the more time we have to prepare in farming materials. You promised to get me the answer to that but I (and most other nightmare guilds) are still waiting on that.

Also, here is my feedback which I hope you can bring up with the team:

• A CXP boost is not just another XP boost and it is borderline pay-to-win, if not already pay-to-win depending on the definition. You can find the arguments in our 30-page thread but the summary is: The normal XP boosts are not an issue because leveling up is so fast and you don't get power from leveling; you only get power once you have reached endgame. And for endgame players, the leveling process is only like 1% of a character's lifetime.
    But CXP boosts are an issue. Let's say two players have 20 hours each week to play the game, one uses the CXP boost and one doesn't. Then the first player will get 24 packs and the other player only 20 packs. (going by the 1 pack/hour rate) In other words, buying the CXP boost gave this player four additional gear pieces. If you consider the weekly playtime to be constant (which is true for most endgame players with a RL work schedule), then a CXP boost is in every way equivalent to selling Command Crates on the Cartel Market, which you stated you do not want to do.
    So please reconsider and remove the CXP boosts. The Cartel Market can survive without them, but they are a major issue to endgame raiders. If you want to focus on group content in 2017, please start taking group players into account when making decisions like these.
    An alternative would be to put a BoP version of the CXP boosts onto a vendor that is sold for credits (e.g. for 50k-100k per hour), or have them drop from the hardest operations bosses. That would maybe alleviate our concerns and give us a way to get the CXP boosts outside of the Cartel Market. But the best solution would be to totally get rid of the CXP boosts because then we don't even start to get down the slippery slope towards pay-to-win.
    When you first put the Tactical Markers on the Cartel Market, there was an outcry and you quickly converted them into a legacy unlock within 1-2 weeks. I appreciated that very much, and it makes me hopeful that you will realize that CXP boosts are also too close to pay-to-win and remove them, if not with 5.0 launch, then shortly afterwards.
  • Thanks for addressing the repair costs question. I know there must be a credit sink but quadruple repair costs are a problem because it makes PvE endgame more hostile. PvP players have no repair costs and story/solo players rarely die; this is a tax only on PvE group players. Say a PuG group wipes a few times; why should I stay on the group and farm repair costs when I can just drop out or kick the bad players and kill the boss without wipes?
    Also, there are progression teams that will have 1 million credit repair bills per evening per player. Most raiders don't have the time to farm credits outside of raiding, so they'll be forced to skip some raid evenings. The repair costs should be reduced to at most double the current values. This is not urgent because it will take 2-3 months until players have the legendary gear, but at that point please make sure the costs have been reduced.
  • A catch-up mechanic for alts is a good idea! The way Ben explained it (once you reach rank 300 on your main, you get a CXP bonus for alts) is a great idea IMO. Or you could make the CXP Packs BtL so that we can just send those to whatever alt we want. I don't think there will be a big problem when players can get around the weekly boss lockouts. It still takes a long time to organize and run through an operation, so whether you farm EV or a more difficult operation you can only do it so many times per week.
    Eventually, you may also have to consider a catch-up mechanic for casual players. Like if half a year from now, some players are still stuck below rank 30, you could e.g. add a 5x bonus to all CXP points until those players have reached rank 30. But it is too early to tell right now.

Edited by Jerba

A catch-up mechanic for alts is a good idea! The way Ben explained it (once you reach rank 300 on your main, you get a CXP bonus for alts) is a great idea IMO. Or you could make the CXP Packs BtL so that we can just send those to whatever alt we want. I don't think there will be a big problem when players can get around the weekly boss lockouts. It still takes a long time to organize and run through an operation, so whether you farm EV or a more difficult operation you can only do it so many times per week.

Eventually, you may also have to consider a catch-up mechanic for casual players. Like if half a year from now, some players are still stuck below rank 30, you could e.g. add a 5x bonus to all CXP points until those players have reached rank 30. But it is too early to tell right now.

IMO making Command XP Levels legacy wide would be the only reasonable way to keep those of us who play alts up to date. Don't make us reinvent the wheel, it's bad enough that we'll have to pump them up to 70.

• Dev Post

I have one question left, what will happen to the Crystal of Nightmare Fury? Specifically what crafting materials are we going to need? The sooner you can get us the answer, the more time we have to prepare in farming materials. You promised to get me the answer to that but I (and most other nightmare guilds) are still waiting on that.

The crafting of the Crystal of Nightmare Fury is unchanged! You can get the Tier 1 Exotic material from the Jawa Scrap Vendors.

Also, to answer a question from the stream. Alliance Supply Crates will still come from Heroic Missions as they do now.

-eric

The crafting of the Crystal of Nightmare Fury is unchanged! You can get the Tier 1 Exotic material from the Jawa Scrap Vendors.

Also, to answer a question from the stream. Alliance Supply Crates will still come from Heroic Missions as they do now.

-eric

Ah okay, thanks for the response! :)

Edited by Jerba