Why is Guardian DPS hated so much?

Because in common oppinion Guardian/Jugg's DPS sucks.

As it usually is with common oppinions it's mostly true ;)

That would probably explain why me, a DPS specced Jugg, always finish infenal council first (and yes, I take the one with most hps).

Dont worry, marauders/sentinels and operatives/scoundrels are disliked by pugs as well. It's more of OMGZOR MELEE SUXORZ syndrome. Typical symptom of morbus noobinus

Edited by ninoss

Ok i wanna see how u clear KP or EV Nightmare with 5 melee dps 1 tank and 2 healer :p

You just need 1 marauder or juggernaut for warrior buff...

In my opinion (yes i got 10/10 8-man nightmare) melee dps is just waste... 1-2 maybe but not more...

We're doing it usually with just one ranged.

L2P imo

Ofc, ranged is just ez mode since BW made almost every fight extremely melee unfriendly, contrary to ranged. But then ez mode = boring.

We're doing it usually with just one ranged.

L2P imo

Ofc, ranged is just ez mode since BW made almost every fight extremely melee unfriendly, contrary to ranged. But then ez mode = boring.

which is funny because range always usually dies before melee to

Makes sence i guess, just wish i wasnt forced to tank. Not that i mind it persay, but yea. WTB more melee friendly fights >.>

Same, but Melee Friendly Fight means, Simple Tank and Spank with no AoE or Probably Mechanics to the fight :(

Melee in general tend to be overlooked for ranged DPS in this game. Throw an AC like the Guardian in the mix that has little to no raid utility and inferior DPS to its Sentinel/Marauder archtype and you have a recipe for disaster.

That being said, SWTOR endgame is pretty easy so any balanced composition will work. Nothing in this game is so difficult that you'd need to stack a raid in order to beat it. Your best bet is probably forming a guild with some friends if you're having trouble finding a DPS slot as a Guardian for HM FPs/Operations.

Melee in general tend to be overlooked for ranged DPS in this game. Throw an AC like the Guardian in the mix that has little to no raid utility and inferior DPS to its Sentinel/Marauder archtype and you have a recipe for disaster.

That being said, SWTOR endgame is pretty easy so any balanced composition will work. Nothing in this game is so difficult that you'd need to stack a raid in order to beat it. Your best bet is probably forming a guild with some friends if you're having trouble finding a DPS slot as a Guardian for HM FPs/Operations.

Endgame is pretty easy? HA, RNG HM Soa before the patch fixes was so frigin annoying. Karagga isn't as RNG as Soa, stay out of fire, don't stand in front of him - collect loot.

Edit: Theory crafting shows that a well geared JK pulls about 1500-1600 DPS while a shadow with equal gear pulls around 1600-1800

Edited by Kagato_Muyo