Equality between HK-51 and Treek

Why don't we just have a questline to do and unlock Treek on that toon? You need to be Legacy 40 for the Ewoks to have heard of you and let you talk to them and start something. Like shooting rocks at a star destroyer. Something to do in game that's thematically in tune.

Then after that, our other toons can either:

1) do the quest again and get Treek for free.

2) Buy Treek with credits.

3) Pay CC for Treek.

All of these options only open up after doing the quest at least once in the Legacy. Which requires everything it already requires now.

I'm sure there would be less complaints as a result. I was looking forward to shooting star destroyers with rocks somewhere along the line to get Treek, for example.

Edited by MeisterBabylon

I would love to see a quest line for Treek. I think a galaxy-wide quest line that did not include flashpoints or PvP to acquire here could be fun.

Leave the other options in as you stated though.

Omg we needed another crying bc legacy lvl 40 is to high thread?

Just shut up. The only reason it's legacy 40 is bc most people don't have it so they will buy the unlock with CC. It's all about money and its never going to change.

I fully agree.

On top of the requirement of LL40, there should be a questline to get Treek for the first time.

The LL requirement should stay untouched by the mandatory questline... I am sure, people would complain less :)

Oh and speaking of thematically in tune... that would be accidentially sitting on that pelt bear, killing it.... or the smugglers wookiee accidentally eating treek... yuun would be dissecting it... all male human companions would shoot it and craft some nice pelt gloves for their love... all female human companions would cuddle it to death...

Edited by JPryde

Why don't we just have a questline to do and unlock Treek on that toon? You need to be Legacy 40 for the Ewoks to have heard of you and let you talk to them and start something. Like shooting rocks at a star destroyer. Something to do in game that's thematically in tune.

Then after that, our other toons can either:

1) do the quest again and get Treek for free. You're Legacy 40, no?

2) Buy Treek with credits. Because you're already Legacy 40.

3) Pay CC for Treek.

All of these options only open up after doing the quest at least once in the Legacy. Which requires everything it already requires now.

I'm sure there would be less complaints as a result. I was looking forward to shooting star destroyers with rocks somewhere along the line to get Treek, for example.

I really enjoyed the HK questline but never did it more than once, so I would definitely like something similar for Treek.

Writing and coding quests would increase development costs. Development costs for non-cartel-market updates need to be kept down to the bare minimum -- hence the cookie-cutter daily area and the same old speeder/weapon models. Edited by MuratReis

we know how many CC will it need?

I never use mine, and they'r getting rusty, for anything and preffer to keep creds for repairs and making augments holes....

My guess would be somewhere around the same price as the hypercrates, but it's just a guess.

Treek is a merc, mercs work for whoever pays them.

HK works for whomever activates it and applies the correct loyalty subroutines.

And frankly, million credits (although the price will change, apparently) is not that much, imo. you want treek? Just run few daily quest round, that money should come. I rememebr that in the old days, a Ilum - Belsavis - Black Hole round netted maybe 200k, and it took maybe 2,5 hours to run it all. With properly geared level 55, it should be even faster

I don't think the million credits is going to change, tbh. It's actually low if you ask me. For a one time fee, you get a companion that stays with you forever. 1 million credits is about a day worth of dailies. Too cheap if you ask me. :o

Treek is a female. The only question i have is she romanceable? :)

You really want to cuddle a tiny bear, which is an arrogant brat? (judging by the intro videos)

My question would rather be, if Treek is delivered including a cage and a collar.

Edited by JPryde

Not if Prop VIII has anything to say about that.

The Force clearly states that the sanctity of romance should be between two consenting HUMANOIDS. Maker created Adam and Eve and Steve and Thralk and Shenshu'vernia, not Adam and Muk-Muk!

*walks about carrying a "Fur is SIN this season" sign*

off topic, but, why is ship droid nor romanceable? He cooks, cleans toilet, paints my bedroom... perfect for independent lady who needs a house husbant :rolleyes:

and as offspring, it could be little hk-52s in dipers holding assault cannons.

Edited by Atramar

Treek is a merc, mercs work for whoever pays them.

HK works for whomever activates it and applies the correct loyalty subroutines.

And frankly, million credits (although the price will change, apparently) is not that much, imo. you want treek? Just run few daily quest round, that money should come. I rememebr that in the old days, a Ilum - Belsavis - Black Hole round netted maybe 200k, and it took maybe 2,5 hours to run it all. With properly geared level 55, it should be even faster

Tested this out, Makeb, Section X, Black Hole and Ilum (without heroics of course) nets around 290K after repairs.

I don't think the million credits is going to change, tbh. It's actually low if you ask me. For a one time fee, you get a companion that stays with you forever. 1 million credits is about a day worth of dailies. Too cheap if you ask me. :o

You must have a lot of 55s. Remember, not everyone does.

You must have a lot of 55s. Remember, not everyone does.

with your calculations it will take 4 days per char to aquire him. it's not much for life time awesome companion.

if you don't have time, there will be CC option.

also, he is optional, not mandatory.

also , I didn't see char level requirements anywere, will he be awailable for L10 (or even below)?

Edited by Atramar

with your calculations it will take 4 days per char to aquire him. it's not much for life time awesome companion.

if you don't have time, there will be CC option.

also, he is optional, not mandatory.

also , I didn't see char level requirements anywere, will he be awailable for L10 (or even below)?

I'm not talking about me, I can obviously afford her. I'm talking about other people.

I'm not talking about me, I can obviously afford her. I'm talking about other people.

if you can't afford to buy a ferrari, you'r not buying ferrari.

if you can't afford petrol and insurance to use ferrari, you'r not buying ferrari.

Having ferrari is not mandatory, it's optional.

in game example, I didn't want to do HK-51 quest. To lazy, can't be bothered. Would be nice to have one tho...

Should I get HK-51? Nope.

Edited by Atramar

if you can't afford to buy a ferrari, you'r not buying ferrari.

if you can't afford petrol and insurance to use ferrari, you'r not buying ferrari.

Having ferrari is not mandatory, it's optional.

in game example, I didn't want to do HK-51 quest. To lazy, can't be bothered. Would be nice to have one tho...

Should I get HK-51? Nope.

Ah but they can't get Tweek without leveling to 40 legacy in the first place. Next, Bioware needs money to keep this game afloat. Next, no one is telling you not to spend credits, why should you be able to tell them not to spend CCs.

Tested this out, Makeb, Section X, Black Hole and Ilum (without heroics of course) nets around 290K after repairs.

yesterday - Black Hole+Section X weeklies (including heroics 4 and areas 2) nets more than 250K with repairs and with crew missions (about 30-40K i think) and took around 2 hours

Edited by pan_sObak

Ah but they can't get Tweek without leveling to 40 legacy in the first place. Next, Bioware needs money to keep this game afloat. Next, no one is telling you not to spend credits, why should you be able to tell them not to spend CCs.

my legacy is L50 so long I can't remember when I dinged... it was hot, last year, probably may.. or april...

I have credits to get ewoks for each of my chars, will probably spend CC any way as they come with my subscription and I don't find anything useful for it...

those armors are horrible :confused:

can spend CC, can spend credits if have legacy L 40... where is the problem... :confused:

Edited by Atramar