S+V : 16M-HM (world ranking)

Greetings everyone - I have been collecting the feedback of the top 16 man guilds over the last few weeks and using their input to come up with the most agreeable system to track progression going forward. The goal was to not only come up with a system that could be used in Scum and Villainy (S+V) but any future tier of content going forward (TFB NiM is most immediately after).

Please post all kill times here with the following format:

Guild name

Time of kill (use GMT) http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/gmt-converter/ or http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fullscreen.html?n=1440

Your server (only needed for first kill/post)

Your region (please post as US-East, US-West, or EU - only needed for first kill/post)

Kill shot pic/proof video (if you post a video, I need approx. kill time) use this link for time proof: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fullscreen.html?n=136

Proof of mode (you can do this through leader and right clicking mode)

Alternatively - you can also provide a picture of the achievement - however this is currently a bit bugged, so it will need to be fixed before it can be accepted.

Please see this link to a sample of the system using somewhat random times:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgCWcFAbOaZwdEVJY2haQ0poWV9aVmU4Tnp5WXZRU0E#gid=18

Now, please see this link for the actual system that will be kept updated through this tier of progression:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgCWcFAbOaZwdG1qZGhwbWpTSnczQXBEYlU2b05ZSkE&usp=sharing#gid=18

We will be using a time-based system with a base detrimental point value of -1/hour and a base of 10,000. We have weighted the first two bosses at 1/2 of the point value of the base and the last boss at 2x - meaning, the points will deteriorate at -(1/2)/hour on the first two bosses and -2/hour for the last. The system works by taking the kill time of the guild who got the first kill, giving them the maximum 10,000 points, and then every guild that kills after will receive points based on the amount of time they take to get the kill after the first. While the overall groups the European and US guilds together, I have also added in regional rankings as well to help differentiate.

Note: We realize that almost all (if not all) of these guilds are on PTS killing this content (most of us are currently on the last boss as I write this). We agree that S+V HM (and basically any hard mode version going forward) isn't really progression for us - NiM is progression raiding. So consider this a dry run of using this system for when TFB NiM goes live, of which I will then make a new thread.

If someone would like to copy this system and use it for tracking 8 man, feel free to contact me and I will send you a blank spreadsheet copy.

Edited by Nibbon

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. Might consider including a screen capture from the new achievement system as well, as they appear to be timestamped and clearly indicate difficulty level :)

Good idea except it's a little bugged right now - example, on the sixth fight in S+V you can kill them out of order and receive the achievement (I did at least) - therefore you could get the achievement, come back and kill the next day and you could easily report a bugged kill time. I'd rather stick with the tried and true method for now :)

In the future, if it is proven to be 100% accurate, I'd love to accept it as an alternative.

Welcome back to Methodical, btw, happy to see you guys return.

Please wait until Scum and villainy hits live before you do a world ranking thread. Until then nothing is official as this operation, classes and litterally EVERYTHING is subject to change. That and no armor for this operation was legitimately obtained.

Please wait until Scum and villainy hits live before you do a world ranking thread. Until then nothing is official as this operation, classes and litterally EVERYTHING is subject to change. That and no armor for this operation was legitimately obtained.

This is only going to track live, sorry if that was not obvious.

It needs to be posted early so that people can bookmark it and know to use it for when it does hit live.

Good idea except it's a little bugged right now - example, on the sixth fight in S+V you can kill them out of order and receive the achievement (I did at least) - therefore you could get the achievement, come back and kill the next day and you could easily report a bugged kill time. I'd rather stick with the tried and true method for now :)

In the future, if it is proven to be 100% accurate, I'd love to accept it as an alternative.

Ah, good point. I've only had limited experience on the PTS so far.

Welcome back to Methodical, btw, happy to see you guys return.

Heh, I wish. Just me grinding dailies at the moment.

With free PTS copies and raid appropriate gear, the race to hard mode won't be as interesting as the race for nightmare mode.

Right now, I'd imagine the most competitive guilds and their 16 optimized, biochem characters are on the PTS ironing out the last 2 or 3 bosses in hard mode so they can just deliver on live the moment they hit 55.

I would honestly be surprised if the first 4 bosses aren't killed within 2 / 3 days of the early preview.

With free PTS copies and raid appropriate gear, the race to hard mode won't be as interesting as the race for nightmare mode.

Right now, I'd imagine the most competitive guilds and their 16 optimized, biochem characters are on the PTS ironing out the last 2 or 3 bosses in hard mode so they can just deliver on live the moment they hit 55.

I would honestly be surprised if the first 4 bosses aren't killed within 2 / 3 days of the early preview.

Doubtful. The progression race is going to come down to who can complete the content with the least gear, as even SM S&V/TfB is tuned for a tier of gear above 63.

As I said in my original post:

"Note: We realize that almost all (if not all) of these guilds are on PTS killing this content (most of us are currently on the last boss as I write this). We agree that S+V HM (and basically any hard mode version going forward) isn't really progression for us - NiM is progression raiding. So consider this a dry run of using this system for when TFB NiM goes live, of which I will then make a new thread."

So yeah - this is a dry run to test the new ranking system more than anything. Anyone that uses this to actual rank guilds is probably misguiding themselves - as mentioned above, it will be more of a race to see who can get 16 level 55s and then do it with the least amount of gear needed more than anything.

Also - as I mentioned, one guild has now cleared it on PTS - the rest have killed the first 6 of the 7 bosses (the rest being the guilds that were previously top ranked).

Edited by Nibbon

Two clears I believe. FF pre patch and Level Capped last night, post update.

And yes, nightmare is the real deal.

I just watched your kill video props and I wasn't sure if it was indeed the kill video considering he hit enrage at 10%.

Grats on the kill

• 3 weeks later...
<Chosen> supports this system too and will be participating. I am very interested to see how BW balances the bosses for the final release. What seemed like a cake-walk of an instance was retuned in the final week of PTS to have some easy bosses and some difficult, and varied greatly with 8-man's difficulty (some harder on 8man, some easier).

<Chosen> supports this system too and will be participating. I am very interested to see how BW balances the bosses for the final release. What seemed like a cake-walk of an instance was retuned in the final week of PTS to have some easy bosses and some difficult, and varied greatly with 8-man's difficulty (some harder on 8man, some easier).

Mmmhmmm. We popped in on Sunday and found some fights that had been a breeze tuned up quite nicely :)

Can't wait to get started! See you all in a few weeks for HM, and some Nightmare *hopefully* not too far out.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that S+V is out and some people are raiding with 16 man already - please remember to post your kills here for tracking purposes!

Remember to take a proper proof shot as well - especially important to have the date on there because of PTS kills.

Friendly Fire - Dashroode Down 20:25 UK TIme

Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Screenshot - http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x367/johnpaulcain/SWTOR/Dashroode16HM_zpsad1b80d6.jpg

With Timestamp -

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x367/johnpaulcain/Dashroode16HMB_zps1292e972.jpg

With Timestamp & correct achievement ("Where the hell is my PA Donal!!!!!!!!!!!")

Edited by earsrgood