Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

Karaiblis

Hi everyone, as Damion mentioned in an earlier forum post, this was incredibly important for the development team to resolve. We think that we’ve found the best solution for all users affected by the changes

*snip*

Sounds good, I appreciate you guys' thoughtful and quick fix for this.

Edited by Joesixxpack

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the solution is sufficient, and I am happy with it. I will absorb the cost of remodding and augmenting, even though I should not have to. Those saying its generous? BW is just rectifying a situation that they created and in no way is it generous. They are just fixing a mistake.

Thank you for the update Joveth.

Just a quick question. Does the same thing apply to those that have unopened lower/upper body boxes?

I spoke to Systems Designer Nathan Emmott and he had this to say:

Yup, players will be covered here. If a player has an unopened lockbox for the pieces, then we will send them an equivalent unopened lockbox for the classic items. If they have an opened lockbox for the pieces, then the replacement items will be placed directly into the opened lockbox.

This is awesome. What a terrific solution. I mean, this is just...amazing. Great communication between players and devs, great solution, and the players come out better for it, with an extra piece of orange gear! Are you doing this with the Trailblazer and Preceptor gear, too? Because I really liked the old verion of the Preceptor gear, without the hood. What about Revan's? Will it go back to being black?

Are you doing this with the Trailblazer and Preceptor gear, too? Because I really liked the old verion of the Preceptor gear, without the hood.

They are. Look up the post in dev tracker, or a couple pages back, it's not hard to find. As for Revan's, no. Not entirely the same issue so it hasn't gotten the same attention it seems.

Another patch day come and gone.

Another day more money making content gets added.

Another day this gets neglected.

You've established your solution. The graphics already exist. aside from nothing, what else needs to happen to rectify the situation as promised? And dare i ask, when do you intend to do it. No offense but NCSoft already owns the trademark of "Soon".

Edited by Ryvenn

Curious if Bioware is going to fix Ravens Chest piece, When you save Raven on the space prison the cut scene shows him basically having a hoodie, but the gear we get from the cartel boxes has some sort of weird tube wrapping around his neck. Like a weird life preserver.

I wonder if this is a byproduct of trying to modify existing armor to look like Ravens or just a screw up on the designers part.

Edited by Monoth

Another patch day come and gone.

Another day more money making content gets added.

Another day this gets neglected.

You've established your solution. The graphics already exist. aside from nothing, what else needs to happen to rectify the situation as promised? And dare i ask, when do you intend to do it. No offense but NCSoft already owns the trademark of "Soon".

They already stated it would be patch 1.7, so I'm not sure why you expect today's patch to have the fix.

They already stated it would be patch 1.7, so I'm not sure why you expect today's patch to have the fix.

Hi everyone, as Damion mentioned in an earlier forum post, this was incredibly important for the development team to resolve. We think that we’ve found the best solution for all users affected by the changes made to the Spymaster, Phantom, Trailblazer, and Preceptor outfits in Patch 1.6.2. In Game Update 1.7 (which should be going live in the next month or so), we are going to offer versions of the aforementioned outfits as they appeared before the 1.6.2 changes in addition to the current versions that appear in the Cartel Market Packs. Players will be able to obtain (via Cartel Packs) both the “Classic” (pre 1.6.2) versions of the outfits and the current versions (post 1.6.2).

What about players who already purchased this before the 1.6.2 changes? Or even the players that enjoy the new looks? We’re going to do what’s best for all and in the next major Game Update, any player that has any pieces of the four outfits (Spymaster, Phantom, Trailbazer, and Preceptor) will receive the “Classic” version (pre 1.6.2) of those pieces as well, at no extra cost.

//SNIP//

I was about to question your sanity, but then I looked at the old post again and it does indeed say 1.7. Thank you for cooling my rage before it even had a chance to explode.

They just unsticked the 1.7 coming soon thread. It may not mean anything, but it does not seem positive.

Actually it's possible that they're pulling that thread because it's no longer "coming soon" because they'll be putting on the PTS shortly. Due to the Christmas break we're overdue for their "six week" content turn-over. Hell, it could even be put up in the coming week.

Actually it's possible that they're pulling that thread because it's no longer "coming soon" because they'll be putting on the PTS shortly. Due to the Christmas break we're overdue for their "six week" content turn-over. Hell, it could even be put up in the coming week.

That would great news indeed. Thank you for the heads up.

Are we ever going to get Revans set fixed yet?

Revan's Black chestpeice, became a Grey Robe when change in 1.6.1 no longer matches the black of the face mask around revans mask, he has an unhood mesh clipping with the shoulders and back, and the lower robe is default brown instead of black and red.

Love for my robes to be black and not grey. </3

Edited by Magnusheart

• 2 weeks later...
I can't login until later - did they provide the paid for outfits as promised?

Yes I logged in this morning and I had a bunch of the "classic" armor in the mail, only thing I'm not sure and didn't have time to check is if it checked gear on companions and in bank, I think it did because I believe I have Despot's Leggings on Quinn and had a pair of the classic leggings in the mail.

I didn't get to check the gtn but imagine it's flooded lol. I'd forgotten how much cleaner the "classic" preceptor's headband looked and was glad to get one back.

Yes I logged in this morning and I had a bunch of the "classic" armor in the mail, only thing I'm not sure and didn't have time to check is if it checked gear on companions and in bank, I think it did because I believe I have Despot's Leggings on Quinn and had a pair of the classic leggings in the mail.

I didn't get to check the gtn but imagine it's flooded lol. I'd forgotten how much cleaner the "classic" preceptor's headband looked and was glad to get one back.

Thanks that's encouraging, was about to post here asking about it.