Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

Karaiblis

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give some polite discussion on the topic one more try here. Cause, heck, why not.

Now, clearly you think that the solution they've offerred isn't sufficient, but you won't say what actually would be a good soution. So I'm guessing they should just keep trying stuff until you find one you like?

I don't think the solution they offerred is perfect. It would be really nice if they were to reimburse those costs. However, given the openness of communication on the topic and the attempt at a resoltuion, I'm willing to call this one done. (That would be commenting on the issue.)

Some others are apparently not okay with some of us expressing our views, to the point of name calling, so I thank you for not going there and being mature about letting others express their dissatisfaction just as we should all be allowed to do without the social police trying to crack down on people for going against the grain.

Edited by Tetsuos-despair

Actually, the reason I mentioned a time machine is that I see some people (possibly not you) talk about solutions in terms of "well, if this hadn't been screwed up to begin with..." which doesn't really address the issue of what a good solution would be.

You're being rather insulting here, I hope you realize. It's not about being "on my knees" (great imagery there, really, very classy), it's about looking at the compromise they offerred and saying it's fairly decent in my opinion. You are, of course, welcome to your own opinion.

And you still haven't answered my honest question of what solution you would like to see. I'm not trying to bait you or anything of the sort, I would like to know.

Ideally, the equitable thing to do would be to get the piece back with a mk-6 augment slot or equivalent to whatever you have it augmented as, along with the amount it would cost to pull out armorings, mods, enhancements, and augments.

Whether or not they are able to do this I don't know. In my opinion this would be the completely ideal and fair thing to do for those of us who have spent the credits.

Everyone should feel free to express their dissatisfaction with how this has been handled, without the worry of the masses coming down on you for expressing that dissatisfaction.

Ideally, the equitable thing to do would be to get the piece back with a mk-6 augment slot or equivalent to whatever you have it augmented as, along with the amount it would cost to pull out armorings, mods, enhancements, and augments.

Whether or not they are able to do this I don't know. In my opinion this would be the completely ideal and fair thing to do for those of us who have spent the credits.

Everyone should feel free to express their dissatisfaction with how this has been handled, without the worry of the masses coming down on you for expressing that dissatisfaction.

That would be equitable and fair, I agree. As you mentioned, it might not be possible to do that. Perhaps they'll be able to address that issue going forward. If not, while not perfect, this is certainly better than the status quo.

It's not about the cost, it is about the principal of the thing. Someone blindsides you out of the blue and sideswipes your vehicle causing damage to it while you were obeying the rules of the road, and what you are saying is "oh well, the cost of repair is not that bad, even though I was not at fault I'll cover it".

Are you actually serious that this is your thought process regarding liability and taking ownership of ones mistakes. This is a sad generation who's future is even sadder if this is the zeitgeist of social thinking. :(

My thought process behind it was actually along the lines of... Chill out it's just a game, at least my shadow gets to dress up as a ninja-biker-superspy :)

When I translate an in game credit cost it's more of a ratio of how much time I need to spend earning those credits back. Usually around 25mins for a full run through of Imperial Ilum for about 75k. So to put new augment kits on two pieces of kit this mistake has inconvenienced me by about 50 mins of gameplay. Yes, I know in a perfect world I wouldn't have to spend anytime making up the shortfall because the mistake would never have happened in the first place. However, as an adult I realise that after a mistake you make compromises to get back to an acceptable situation.

Personaly I feel BW have gone a long way to addressing the issue.

I hope they have learnt that promotional artwork for a lottery pack needs to be representative of whats inside (I'd much rather have a preview page that shows me all the possible goodies that could be gained)

I hope they have learnt how strongly players identify with a characters appearance (they must as this is a cornerstone of the cartel market)

I hope that they see how open and frank communication can resolve issues far quicker than leaving the players in the dark.

I'll compromise by covering the cost of any augment kits

Besides it pails into insignificance when I think on how much I spent on inventory slots and bank tabs for my 6 level 50 characters before the cartel shop introduced account wide unlocks that can be purchased on the GTN for a fraction of the cost. Such is life.

I'd liken it more to being stuck in a traffic jam, you cover the same distance it's just taken a bit longer.

But what about Revan's Set? It became grey and not black since 1.6.1 the robes no longer match the face mask cover with Revan's Mask and is ghastly to see being an OCD Player like myself.

Revan's Chestpeice and the Investigator's Robe both still have 2 hoods on them instead of 1.

But what about this. : /

So if i'm reading the solution correctly I should be filling a cargo hold by buying every cheap piece of the affected armours from the GTN between now and solution day and making sure I have another empty hold available for all the free stuff on solution day.

Interesting.

I suspect my plan is flawed but still.

Yea, i want compensation for ripping out the mods and buying a new augment-slot too!

Just giving an new piece for "free" ist just hlaf-baked

I, for one, am incredibly happy with the solution. Would it have been any better for them to say, "We've put both versions of the gear on the Cartel Market"? Or, "We've added a vendor who sells the old version of the gear to the fleet"? No, then you'd be spending credits, too. This "both versions for all" solution is better than anything we could have hoped for. I'm excited to get my old look back. I'm also shocked at some of the whining people are STILL doing...

I, for one, am incredibly happy with the solution. Would it have been any better for them to say, "We've put both versions of the gear on the Cartel Market"? Or, "We've added a vendor who sells the old version of the gear to the fleet"? No, then you'd be spending credits, too. This "both versions for all" solution is better than anything we could have hoped for. I'm excited to get my old look back. I'm also shocked at some of the whining people are STILL doing...

Precisely, Bioware was not under any legal obligation to bring any solution. Technically, they have the rights to turn every piece of armor pink with brown padding if they wanted to. Their right to change content is listed under all those rules we merrily agree to once in a while.

However, I do imagine a lot of subbers considered going F2P over this matter, so they supply a solution. No the solution doesn't include augmentslots or mods, but really, if re-modding and adding new augmentslots costs you over 100k, then that means your character is alreasy lvl 50 anyway. And that means you can make those credits in barely an afternoon of dailies. Barely an inconvenience for giving a solution they were NOT required to provide.

While this might not exactly be included in the Topic Title - would it be possible to have a 'Classic' version of the Revan lower robes when the changes are made in patch 1.7?

I spent quite a bit of money both in-game and in the Cartel Shop to get the look I wanted with my Sith Warrior so the lower robe changes came as a bit of a surprise (and also forced me to buy a new belt as my previous one didn't quite fit with this new look)

However the main Issue I have with the new look is the actual colour - they are a brown colour and do not match the upper body (and when you try the colour unification it still doesn't quite match as there is a lot of red in this case that doesn't appear on the upper body) - If I had the choice of having the original look back - I would be most happy with that.

But in a worst case scenario - if the colours of the new robes could be made to match the upper body properly - I guess I could live with that.

Many Thanks

I'm happy with the solution and generally agree with you but

Man up, say "Thank you Bioware" and move on.

isn't the right stance imo. I can understand -that- people still aren't happy with the solution provided; I don't agree with it, but I can understand it. If they're not happy they can't be thankful. It does not entitle them to start insulting left and right as we see a lot, but acting rationally is not to be expected when tempers are high.

I'm happy with the solution and generally agree with you but

isn't the right stance imo. I can understand -that- people still aren't happy with the solution provided; I don't agree with it, but I can understand it. If they're not happy they can't be thankful. It does not entitle them to start insulting left and right as we see a lot, but acting rationally is not to be expected when tempers are high.

Fair point :)

I wasn't really complaining as such - I am happy with the proposed solution - I was just asking whether this solution could be applied to the gear that I own (Revan lower robes) that was changed at the same time as the others - that is it....

Yeah, after I posted this i looked back at the other posts and realized that there's really only one negative comment after the positive ones, and it wasn't yours. I went a little nuts with the "negatives" :o

I said before I was happy with the new fix. I'm not looking forward to ripping BH level gear out of each piece (13k a mod I think?). I was almost wealthy enough to upgrade my barrel to a 27 off the GTN. For whatever reason I have never gotten a weapon drop on an op. With dailies it won't take too long to make up for it, but I understand people not being fully happy with this plan.

However the hostility is a little over the top. If you don't agree, by all means say so. That affects change.

Berating the devs and other people? That is a sure way to kill any chance at up front communication like we had here. We should be encouraging the devs and powers that be this is the way they should interact with us.

Edited by BobaScott

• Dev Post

Hello all,

We've had to remove many posts in this thread for being rude, making personal attacks, and derailing the discussion with off topic arguments. Please remember that the goal is to create a fun and safe environment for our community. We want to be sure that discussions remain constructive, and we welcome your on-topic opinions as long as they fall withing the Rules of Conduct.