View Single Post

Cuiwe
05.25.2015 , 12:54 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TACeMossie View Post
Got another bit of feedback for ya luna, based off those sims you ran.
The APM was looking a little high which is why I started looking.

You are currently handling alacrity wrong!

Alacrity isn't a multiplication of (1-alacrity) for cooldowns + the GCD, but rather it is a division of (1+alacrity). The easiest way to see this is beserk on a combat sentinel. Master Strike goes from 3 sec channel / 18 sec cooldown with no alacrity to 2.25 sec channel / 13.53 sec cooldown with 33% alacrity. If alacrity worked the way you currently have it coded, it would be a 2.01 second channel and a cooldown of 12.06 seconds.

Also explains why you had 12 hammer shots in your best parse whereas I found that I'd have 10 if I didn't make silly mistakes like using HiB->TS when that would cap me on energy whereas TS->HIB would not, since you got the resource regen part of alacrity right.
Of course, Bioware decides to use campy logic. Why would I expect anything different?

Anyhow, nice job OP! Keep whacking it! We'll all thank you later
"I am not in this for politics, nor the wanton destruction, hell not even for credits. I have chosen this way of life because of the hunt and because it was pushed onto me on some ugly slimeball called a "pearl" and Honour bound me to this path ever onwards" Caelestinus