See how many Complimentary Cartel Coins you can claim!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another problem lies in restricting the use of purple quality gear. This essentially turns SWTOR into a "Pay to Win" type of game. Again, a major differentiation between paying and non-paying players.

I remember reading, not sure where, that there was a typo on that part.

Sign the Free to 15 was a failure.

Or it could have indicated that more people would come in for the free part but would not continue once they had to pay, therefore they upped how far you can play for free with restrictions on content.

Edited by SupremeLegate

The page first said both free and subs had to pay to wear purple. The typo was the part that subs had to pay for purple gear.

Oh..ok, then. It does indicate that some purple gear will be usable by F2P, I think this is something that is going to have to be seen in practice to see what affect it has.

2500. This should be the max since I subbed since day 1 and got the fancy box

You must have gotten the free month for Legacy back in April where you had to have 1 level 50 or Legacy level 10 (I think) to earn a free month. And that 150 coins were not given to those who earned the free month. Basically Bioware is saying, "You sucked as a player and so we have to help you by giving you 150 more coins than the good players".

So you were too good to get the max 2650.

Edited by Jacen_Starsolo

F2P option = fancy trial period

No one realizes this still....

Except that in every interview anyone from Bioware gave about that topic, they were very up-front about that fact. They never tried to hide it, and it was very clear that it was the course they were going to try. It's not what many people would like to see, but they were never dishonest about it.

Yes, some of the restrictions are rather harsh (the 3 warzones/week limit is ridiculous, I'd much rather see 2 per day or so, but that might already be a cap that 90% of the players don't even reach), but that's only a numbers game that might well change. As it stands, that "fancy trial period" means you get to play one of the better RPGs, and if you fancy it, you get to participate in all content on an as-needed basis.

So, why is there so much variance.

I'm a CE owner subbed since launch. I pre-ordered the game and got in to early access.

Yet I only have 2650 CCs while others who are in the same position as me have 2700 CCs. Clearly the sums aren't adding up somewhere.

Also, why is it that DD edition owners had the opportunity to get an extra 250 CC for upgrading to a CE edition. Surely this must mean that a CE edition is actually worth 1250 CCs.

Who came up with this system of calculating who gets how many CCs because it seems a bit of a shambles.

I could help but notice when I clicked on "My account" it said for my DDE I get 250 coins. A game that has cost me 70 dollars more then the regular. Why are we not even getting HALF as much as CE? they got a statue, music, etc and a bunch of other items.

We only got the digital, yet we didn't even get HALF. We should get at least 500. They paid that much money, I understand it's more but they shouldn't be rewarded that much Tlder: stop raging at more then half of your fan base and give 500 Cartel Coins to DDE. We demand equal and fair treatment.

Also why are the coins ONLY given to ACTIVE subs when it goes free to play. It's been what, four months since you said it would go free to play. Are we supposed keep it active ALL during this time.

I could help but notice when I clicked on "My account" it said for my DDE I get 250 coins. A game that has cost me 70 dollars more then the regular. Why are we not even getting HALF as much as CE? they got a statue, music, etc and a bunch of other items.

We only got the digital, yet we didn't even get HALF. We should get at least 500. They paid that much money, I understand it's more but they shouldn't be rewarded that much Tlder: stop raging at more then half of your fan base and give 500 Cartel Coins to DDE. We demand equal and fair treatment.

Also why are the coins ONLY given to ACTIVE subs when it goes free to play. It's been what, four months since you said it would go free to play. Are we supposed keep it active ALL during this time.

Please not this again. You asked for something you got something. Half their fanbase isn't DDE buyers it's SE buyers. Just stop it ok. Seriously. If you wanted more you should have bought the CE. You decided to go with the DDE. You can't blame us for that.

I'm a CE owner subbed since launch. I pre-ordered the game and got in to early access.

Yet I only have 2650 CCs while others who are in the same position as me have 2700 CCs. Clearly the sums aren't adding up somewhere.

Also, why is it that DD edition owners had the opportunity to get an extra 250 CC for upgrading to a CE edition. Surely this must mean that a CE edition is actually worth 1250 CCs.

Who came up with this system of calculating who gets how many CCs because it seems a bit of a shambles.

Simply put, they subscribed about 2 weeks later. If I recall, the game released in the middle of the month, and the 200 bonus started August 1, so, if they subscribed say Jan 2, they'd be ahead of somebody who subscribed on Dec 29. My guess is, f2p will start about 5-10 days after the day of the month that the servers opened, thus allowing those who did start playing in week 1 to receive more coins. Yaay.

Please not this again. You asked for something you got something. Half their fanbase isn't DDE buyers it's SE buyers. Just stop it ok. Seriously. If you wanted more you should have bought the CE. You decided to go with the DDE. You can't blame us for that.

Did we know they would give cartel coins to people who bought the CE? No you paid for CE you got the items extra. You don't need more. Now on top of the items you are getting, you are getting even more stuff. A tad excessive? Give DDE at least HALF, that's fair we paid 70 dollars plus tax that's HALF of what CE paid.

Sounds fair to me.

Same issue here. As a matter of fact, how do you have 2650? I only have 2500. I have been here SINCE DAY ONE. I pre-ordered a CE 2 hours into when it first came out, claimed my code ASAP, have been in Beta AND have been subbed (and REMAINED subbed -- never quit or unsubbed and never used a game card or missed a payment) since Day 1 and have only 2500 CCs. The math is incorrect somewhere. Not everyone is getting the right amount.

Wondering if the CCs are given to you based upon forum join date calculated into your subscription model now heh

Edited by Danylko

Did we know they would give cartel coins to people who bought the CE? No you paid for CE you got the items extra. You don't need more. Now on top of the items you are getting, you are getting even more stuff. A tad excessive? Give DDE at least HALF, that's fair we paid 70 dollars plus tax that's HALF of what CE paid.

Sounds fair to me.

Did we know they would give cartel coins to people who bought the DDE? No you paid for DDE and you got in-game items extra. You don't need more. Now on top of the items you are getting you are getting even more stuff. A tad excessive?

Seriously, just stop it. I'm not gonna argue with you. I'm tired of this. Good luck with your, whatever this is. IMO it ain't gonna work but if you want to waste your time then be my guest.

Did we know they would give cartel coins to people who bought the DDE? No you paid for DDE and you got in-game items extra. You don't need more. Now on top of the items you are getting you are getting even more stuff. A tad excessive?

Seriously, just stop it. I'm not gonna argue with you. I'm tired of this. Good luck with your, whatever this is. IMO it ain't gonna work but if you want to waste your time then be my guest.

You don't want aruge because your losing. We should get equal cartel coins. Half is 70 dollars. That's more then the regular by more then 20 bucks. The CE already got everything plus more. Why is it we give them even more. I think it's favoring one fan base over another and quite frankly.

It's a little unfair. I'm in favor of equal treatment.

You don't want aruge because your losing. We should get equal cartel coins. Half is 70 dollars. That's more then the regular by more then 20 bucks. The CE already got everything plus more. Why is it we give them even more. I think it's favoring one fan base over another and quite frankly.

It's a little unfair. I'm in favor of equal treatment.

God darn you. I don't wanna argue cause this will lead to nothing. You will think what you will think and I will think what I think. Neither you are gonna change my mind or am I gonna change yours. Here, I lose you win. Happy? Go play now or something, or do whatever you want to do. Cya.

Edited by dosadnik

gosh darn you. I don't wanna argue cause this will lead to nothing. You will think what you will think and I will think what I think. Neither you are gonna change my mind or am I gonna change yours. Here, I lose you win. Happy? Go play now or something, or do whatever you want to do. Cya.

Here that everyone.

I win

Equal treatment now to DDE

500 cartel tokens is a good fix.

Unless you're a chump, you didn't pay $70 more for a DDE over a standard edition. IIRC it was $20 more. 250 CC sounds fair to me.

Simply put, they subscribed about 2 weeks later. If I recall, the game released in the middle of the month, and the 200 bonus started August 1, so, if they subscribed say Jan 2, they'd be ahead of somebody who subscribed on Dec 29. My guess is, f2p will start about 5-10 days after the day of the month that the servers opened, thus allowing those who did start playing in week 1 to receive more coins. Yaay.

That does not account for some people having an extra 150 coin month.

People that have been here since the early start, who have never let their account lapse, should have the exact same number of 150 coin months as everyone else that has done the same.

Someone mentioned the free month given to some people as a token of appreciation, and maybe that would explain things, but it certainly doesn't explain them well.

If free months from buying the game (or extra versions of the game, in the cases of some people buying both the CE and the DDE) do not count against people's coin count, why would a free month that Bioware gave to some people?