Kaggath Tournament - Place Your Bets!

Beniboybling

Oh.

My.

God.

:eek: It's Hanharr! :eek:

Ssssshhh ;)

So will other members of the winners bracket get allies as well?

What I meant by this is it allows certainly characters to come into play in the same battle where they will be balanced. Sith Lord vs Bounty Hunter would be a bit unfair... and yes, each combatant will receive an ally

Edited by Beniboybling

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I second this. If Exar Kun wasn't apart of this, I would go with Malgus or G0-T0. Exar Kun's ability to "find" people strong in The Force will allow him to find Malgus' stealthed fortress/base/flagship and take him down.

I think we can all agree that Kun is going to end up in the finals. The real question is: who will face him? I'm betting on Malgus or Traya or possibly G0-T0.

But we shall see.

Malgus and Traya can't fight Kun in the final can they? They're on the same side of the bracket as Kun, so they'll likely fall to him in the Tri-battle thing.

I think we can all agree that Kun is going to end up in the finals. The real question is: who will face him? I'm betting on Malgus or Traya or possibly G0-T0.

I bet it will be either Dart Revan,Malgus, or Traya.G0-T0 is pretty good but he's not gonna win this......

A cool tri-duel would be Revan vs Traya vs Malgus and show the true Dark Lord of the Sith...:cool:

I bet it will be either Dart Revan,Malgus, or Traya.G0-T0 is pretty good but he's not gonna win this......

A cool tri-duel would be Revan vs Traya vs Malgus and show the true Dark Lord of the Sith...:cool:

Considering Marka Ragnos, the last true and still active Dark Lord of the Sith(spirit) crowned Exar Kun Dark Lord instead of Vitiate or anyone else, I think that makes Kun the greatest claimant here.

Beni, you weren't surprised by the outcome because you made up your mind before you posted the thread. That much was obvious by your comments throughout. I, for one, am SHOCKED that the side you argued for won. This is the single most ridiculous outcome of any of your Kaggath threads, and it isn't close.

What a joke.

Stupidest Kaggath outcome yet. Honestly, this just makes a joke of the whole exercise. Next Kaggath, C2N2 the ship droid defeats EU Luke Skywalker.

Beni, you weren't surprised by the outcome because you made up your mind before you posted the thread. That much was obvious by your comments throughout. I, for one, am SHOCKED that the side you argued for won. This is the single most ridiculous outcome of any of your Kaggath threads, and it isn't close.

What a joke.

I didn't think I'd have to deal with such unpleasantness but here goes:

May I first say that my idea of who the winner would be was by no means decided before the debate had begun as the whole purpose of the installment was to determine who the victor would be during the battle. And my decision was not made until the very end. You may think otherwise as I seemed to support the Sith Empire the whole way through. But the fact is I always support the underrepresented or the underestimated which I feel it is my duty as Arbiter to keep the debate fair. In this case the Galactic Empire had more than competent debaters, such as Rayla, Aurbere and Wolfninjajedi, supporting it, while the Sith Empire did not have so many. So I chose to bring to light several points that the minority party may have overlooked. This is how I conduct all debates, go look back on previous installments (that is not rhetorical, please do). In every debate I take the side of, not who I think will necessarily win, but who lacks the most support. Such as Traya in the Traya vs Revan thread, as Revan had the overwhelming support of the Revan fanbois (if you excuse the term). And in Exar Kun vs Mandalore I supported Mandalore, despite believing that Exar Kun would win. What you are saying is by no means true and I hope in future debates other people can understand this.

I respect the fact that you have an opinion, that you think is the correct one, and I understand that not everyone is going to be pleased with the outcome. However when you begin imposing your opinion on others, and dismissing their own as 'ridiculous' and a 'joke' it becomes down right nasty. I highly doubt they are very impressed and most likely rather insulted by your comments, so I ask that you refrain from doing so, thank you.

prince xixor pety crime lord.....i am giving this to darth malgus.

Sorry I just had to laugh at this, Prince Xizor a petty crimelord? Right....because controlling the most powerful underworld organization in the galaxy, having an intelligence that is greater then the Empire's and being on par with Palpatine in being influential is a petty crimelord..

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Sorry I just had to laugh at this, Prince Xizor a petty crimelord? Right....because controlling the most powerful underworld organization in the galaxy, having an intelligence that is greater then the Empire's and being on par with Palpatine in being influential is a petty crimelord..

I must say I agree with Wolfninjajedi here, petty crime lord is probably the wrong term. I suspect this is the typical Force > Non-force argument however, which is a credible argument in most situations but I feel things may be different here... but lets hold the debate for when in comes.

But when?

If by when you mean when will the Heats start then probably after the Christmas period which is kinda busy - probably the 27th Decemeber, Tuesday next week.

mandalore the ultimate. grievous is a fleeing coward.

tybar zann outwitted jabba the empire and the rebels as while as controled multiple worlds.

Go-to was a malefunction driod who got lucky nobody know he was a driod(or every bounty hunter would have killed him)

Darth revan....i dont know or care who skere kaan is revan is simple the best.

Darth malgus a sith lord with exelent command abbility.

prince xixor pety crime lord.....i am giving this to darth malgus.

Darth traya because she is the best manipulator next to darth sidous.

Darth plagues got kill in his sleep.

naga shadow> exar khun.

Exar khun command a small rebelion.... naga shadow had a freaking empire.

Except when he has the advantage. You bet he has the advantage against Mandalore.

G0-T0's a powerful opponent and will push Tyber Zahn to his limits.

Uh-Huh, yeah sure.

Having control of the largest criminal organization makes you a petty crime lord? That must be why the Galactic Empire put so much pressure on him. /sarcasm

Plagueis was killed by his own stupidity after being manipulated by the true master of the Dark Side.

Even though Exar Kun pretty much dominated the galaxy with his "small rebellion." /sarcasm

I must say I agree with Wolfninjajedi here, petty crime lord is probably the wrong term. I suspect this is the typical Force > Non-force argument however, which is a credible argument in most situations but I feel things may be different here... but lets hold the debate for when in comes.

If by when you mean when will the Heats start then probably after the Christmas period which is kinda busy - probably the 27th Decemeber, Tuesday next week.

I would appreciate it if you started this stuff AFTER the holidays seeing as how I will be very busy during them. But it's your call. I just might not be present for a few of the debates.

May I first say that my idea of who the winner would be was by no means decided before the debate had begun as the whole purpose of the installment was to determine who the victor would be during the battle. And my decision was not made until the very end. You may think otherwise as I seemed to support the Sith Empire the whole way through. But the fact is I always support the underrepresented or the underestimated which I feel it is my duty as Arbiter to keep the debate fair. In this case the Galactic Empire had more than competent debaters, such as Rayla, Aurbere and Wolfninjajedi, supporting it, while the Sith Empire did not have so many. So I chose to bring to light several points that the minority party may have overlooked. This is how I conduct all debates, go look back on previous installments (that is not rhetorical, please do). In every debate I take the side of, not who I think will necessarily win, but who lacks the most support. Such as Traya in the Traya vs Revan thread, as Revan had the overwhelming support of the Revan fanbois (if you excuse the term). And in Exar Kun vs Mandalore I supported Mandalore, despite believing that Exar Kun would win. What you are saying is by no means true and I hope in future debates other people can understand this.

I respect the fact that you have an opinion, that you think is the correct one, and I understand that not everyone is going to be pleased with the outcome. However when you begin imposing your opinion on others, and dismissing their own as 'ridiculous' and a 'joke' it becomes down right nasty. I highly doubt they are very impressed and most likely rather insulted by your comments, so I ask that you refrain from doing so, thank you.

*applauds*

And that, class, is how you annihilate a troll.

I would appreciate it if you started this stuff AFTER the holidays seeing as how I will be very busy during them. But it's your call. I just might not be present for a few of the debates.

Perhaps I'll premiere this on the 1st of January, just so we can all have a cool down period over the Christmas Holidays after non-stop debating :D

*applauds*

And that, class, is how you annihilate a troll.

Thankyou *bows* Its good to see someones on my side :o

Edited by Beniboybling

Alright I'm gonna update my picks (I'll bet y'all some virtual cookies :D):

1st - Darth Revan (why not? let's do this!) - close battle for first - I'm still conflicted

2nd - Exar Kun

3rd - G0-T0

4th - Darth Traya

I like Malgus a lot, but I feel that his match up with Xizor is just not gonna play to Malgus's strengths.

You absolutely decided Vitiate would win before you started the thread. You also made up your mind ahead of time on the Revan vs. Traya debate. And you were not arguing for the underdog in that debate. All of the strong, regular debaters on this forum were arguing for Traya in that thread.

Look, I don't begrudge you your opinion. I just don't like it when you pretend that you are scoring arguments based on their merit when you are actually just handing more points to the argument you preferred from the start. You picked Vitiate because you were biased from the beginning, not because of any convincing arguments. This was billed as a battle of power bases. Sidious' power base is an order of magnitude stronger than Vitiate's. That's not a question of opinion. It's canon fact. On top of that, there wasn't a single plausible scenario offered for how Sidious could have been killed. I disagreed with you on the Revan v. Traya debate, and I thought you clearly made your mind up before the thread, but it wasn't egregious like this. There is simply no plausible way Vitiate's Sith Empire defeats the most powerful Sith ever and the most powerful Sith-led Empire ever. You are entitled to your opinion. But when you start a series of threads and claim you are an unbiased scorekeeper, then give the victory to the obviously weaker side simply because it was the one you preferred from the start, you make a "joke" out of the premise.

Nobody is unbiased. You clearly have an idea in your head of who would win these matchups before the debate starts, as does everyone else involved. So stop pretending your decisions are based on some sort of scoring on the merits of the discussion when they clearly are not.

You absolutely decided Vitiate would win before you started the thread. You also made up your mind ahead of time on the Revan vs. Traya debate. And you were not arguing for the underdog in that debate. All of the strong, regular debaters on this forum were arguing for Traya in that thread.

Look, I don't begrudge you your opinion. I just don't like it when you pretend that you are scoring arguments based on their merit when you are actually just handing more points to the argument you preferred from the start. You picked Vitiate because you were biased from the beginning, not because of any convincing arguments. This was billed as a battle of power bases. Sidious' power base is an order of magnitude stronger than Vitiate's. That's not a question of opinion. It's canon fact. On top of that, there wasn't a single plausible scenario offered for how Sidious could have been killed. I disagreed with you on the Revan v. Traya debate, and I thought you clearly made your mind up before the thread, but it wasn't egregious like this. There is simply no plausible way Vitiate's Sith Empire defeats the most powerful Sith ever and the most powerful Sith-led Empire ever. You are entitled to your opinion. But when you start a series of threads and claim you are an unbiased scorekeeper, then give the victory to the obviously weaker side simply because it was the one you preferred from the start, you make a "joke" out of the premise.

Nobody is unbiased. You clearly have an idea in your head of who would win these matchups before the debate starts, as does everyone else involved. So stop pretending your decisions are based on some sort of scoring on the merits of the discussion when they clearly are not.

Your making assumptions here, so there is no point arguing. If you believe I'm biased in every battle, and I make my mind up before the battle even starts, then fine. But don't expect me to apologise for something that isn't true.

Sure everybody is biased to an extent. We're never gonna be able to get away from that. I also believe that there was a little bit of biased-judging going on in the Traya vs Revan Kaggath, perhaps the Vitiate vs Sidious one too. But both sides to both of those arguments were full of debaters who made excellent points. Those battles could have gone either way. Like you said: everybody is biased. This does not exclude Beni. Take a look at youself. Put youself in Beni's shoes. Who do you think would have won? Obviously you would have thought Sidious. Then guess what? You would have been picking him from the start and would have "made up your mind" before the Kaggath had started. You would have also been a biased judge. So would I. :(

But I don't know why it is so hard for you to believe that we (people arguing for Vitaite) made a convincing argument. Accept it that these battles could go different ways and that not everybody is gonna see everything the same.

Disagreeing with someone strongly is not trolling. A troll is someone who says something controversial just to rile people up. Please learn these terms before you use them.

*looks shocked*

Oops! I was wrong, class. The troll has yet to be annihilated.

Seriously: you called his Kaggath series a joke. What were you trying to accomplish if not annoy him? I guarentee you that calling anyone a joke is not gonna make them change their ways or turn them into a better judge. Insults through text do nothing but annoy people. You reticule isn't gonna make him decide that Sidious won, it isn't gonna make him see the error in his ways or anything like that. So, in the end, you're just 'riling' him up.