Life Day gear recycled from last year?! LAZY

Rileysoph

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Rileysoph,

We chose to bring back the Life Day items this year for a few reasons. Last year when we had the Life Day items, the Cartel Market was fairly new and so at the time, not a lot of people may have realized that these types of items can be limited. Also, we had not yet launched the Collections UI, which is especially helpful for items such as limited event items.

However, with that being said... It is our intention that after this run we will embargo the Life Day items and that they will not be returning again. Like all things, that is subject to change but currently our plan is that after this year these Life Day items will go into retirement!

-eric

This is one of those posts i normally leave alone but after seeing what Eric posted and what the OP said .

I don't see why he complaing , I checked the GTN prices to see how cheap , i was gonna hold off buying or spending what coins i have and buy it off the GTN . sorry to say on my server at least the stuff is still selling for Millions has been for weeks or month , i have yet to see a price drop below a Million at any time ,

and why i have been holding off , buying it off the Cartel Market. I was hoping for some sweet deals ..

and I have the Credits also .

To BW /EA , i used up all my coins i had no real use for and am waiting for the CD to drop off ,on the account that had a lot of coins ..

Ty for being it back , i was really worried we would not see again , i would not finish off the achievements

Edited by tanktest

Hey Rileysoph,

We chose to bring back the Life Day items this year for a few reasons. Last year when we had the Life Day items, the Cartel Market was fairly new and so at the time, not a lot of people may have realized that these types of items can be limited. Also, we had not yet launched the Collections UI, which is especially helpful for items such as limited event items.

However, with that being said... It is our intention that after this run we will embargo the Life Day items and that they will not be returning again. Like all things, that is subject to change but currently our plan is that after this year these Life Day items will go into retirement!

-eric

Yea, right. 1: people knew they were limited, but the items had little appeal. 2: Items being gone, is NEVER forever with you guys, everything comes back in one way or another, even gear for the Collectors edition that was supposed to be for CE ONLY became available in a different color to general players, and with dyes can be made exactly like the CE ARMOR. Further proof is the white color crystal, and the gear that was available only in discontinued packs. several examples available.

Nothing is gone forever, and saying that should be false advertisement when you know damn well it is not true.

Hey Rileysoph,

We chose to bring back the Life Day items this year for a few reasons. Last year when we had the Life Day items, the Cartel Market was fairly new and so at the time, not a lot of people may have realized that these types of items can be limited. "

So not everyone realized these were limited-time exclusive items, therefore the original poster, who DID realize the exclusivity of the item and payed millions for it, is out of luck. The solution is to offer a similar, but not exact item. A renamed "Life Day 2" lawnmower mount with christmas lights instead of "LD1".

It's good for players that missed life-day and don't want to pay millions, but bad for players who payed millions based on the rarity of the items.

I don't doubt that SOME people feel that way. On the other hand SOME feel that PvP in this game is fun and is finally getting some much needed attention.

IMO, any FP, OP, WZ, Arena, Daily, Event, etc. gets stale if you focus your play on it too much. That's why we have so many things to do... so we can switch it up and do something different for a bit.

Personally, I like the arenas, btw. Those are what brought me to PvP and I still get excited when I see one pop for me, even though it's kind of rare.

Anyway, long story short, you don't speak for the PvP community. Different people have different tastes and opinions. Try to focus on the things you like and make constructive suggestions for additional features that you would like to see.

That is the best post I have read in quite some time.

Edited by idnewton

Hey Rileysoph,

-eric

You REALLY think this game will make another YEAR with that attitude? Good luck.

Typical MMO forum nonesense.

Player A complains. Player B retorts. Devs answer. Player C complains about dev post. Everything goes to hell in a handbasket.

We have seen that embargoed means not sold for a while. Some cartel packs have been brought back as well atm. If you choose to pay millions for something on the basis of an assumption, the risk is yours.

On the other hand it's not so hard to make millions now so big friggin deal. The fact that people get a second chance for their collections and achievements is a nice thing for them to do. Stop hating on that. It's silly.

Typical MMO forum nonesense.

Player A complains. Player B retorts. Devs answer. Player C complains about dev post. Everything goes to hell in a handbasket.

We have seen that embargoed means not sold for a while. Some cartel packs have been brought back as well atm. If you choose to pay millions for something on the basis of an assumption, the risk is yours.

On the other hand it's not so hard to make millions now so big friggin deal. The fact that people get a second chance for their collections and achievements is a nice thing for them to do. Stop hating on that. It's silly.

Especially since they have always stated that they were embargoed for an "unknown time"... they wouldn't have mentioned that unless they planned on bringing them back later.

But some people only read embargo (and didn't fully grasp the meaning of the word) and thought they'd make millions...

Last year, McDonalds had the McRib and they told me it was limited time only, but then this year they had the McRib again!!!!!

*** LAZY MCDONALDS DEVS STOP RECYCLING CONTENT OR I QUIT ALSO GIVE ME MORE FREE STUFF BECAUSE I AM A CUSTOMER AND I SHOULDNT HAVE TO PAY FOR ANYTHING

A few weeks ago life day stuff from last year were selling on the GTN for millions because they were SUPER RARE and UNOBTAINABLE and the people who had them could show everyone that they were there, that they were in the game since that time, that they participated in the event. [/size]

Maybe stop playing video games to use at as a way to gloat and shove your ego around? I really could care less if everyone had things or didn't. The point of a game is to have FUN, and if everyone having a black/green saber crystal is fun...then so be it. If everyone having Lifeday items is fun, GOOD. I don't play games to act elitist and show off like a child. I personally can't stand that kind of attitude, nor can I stand the "rare item" minded people. I don't play video games to horde items just to sell in a make believe market to get millions of make believe credits.

Personally, the Lifeday stuff is all ugly garbage (like 90% of all the armor in this game) and nothing I would ever use. But, I don't begrudge people who like it and want to get it, again this year. It doesn't effect my life either way.

Edited by DarthVengeant

I kno wat attention means tyvm. I graduated from Harvard law. Oh and if u were as intelligent as ur trying to make yourself appear tobe, EAware has removed more pvp systems than actually added. Yes its fact theyve added onto pvp, but we've been getting shafted more and more and now our player-base is on life support due to their incompetence.

Yea pvp guilds are not even the closest at being even one of the biggest guild. Ranked wzs were removed so try again.

Something many defenders here are prone to displaying

Idc if i am or if im not impressing u. I'm not trying to impress any1 here. I'm just a professional analyst in the mmo industry giving my critiques. Don't liek them? Well l2ignore_function.

for the love of god, stop lying to yourself. Your family is going to have you committed. There is no way in hell that you graduated from Harvard Law with that display of piss poor grammar and the large number of typo's. at best, you have received a GED (w / honors)

so what kind of analyst are you, considering there's various types...come on, wow us with your degree in BS and your doctorates in Living a Fantasy.

Agreed. A subscription should entitle (yes, entitle) you to have access to all game content. I have been a subscriber for a very long time (and I already had the Life Day gear), but I think a new subscriber who signs up today should be able to get all the Achievements and a full Collection.

Otherwise we are asking players to sign up for the same sub as the rest of us, but with an ever increasing amount of inaccessible content. That doesn't seem fair to me.

A sage statement. I agree that each and every individual that hears the word "entitle" needs to know what it denotes rather than what it connotates.

Maybe stop playing video games to use at as a way to gloat and shove your ego around? I really could care less if everyone had things or didn't. The point of a game is to have FUN, and if everyone having a black/green saber crystal is fun...then so be it. If everyone having Lifeday items is fun, GOOD. I don't play games to act elitist and show off like a child. I personally can't stand that kind of attitude, nor can I stand the "rare item" minded people. I don't play video games to horde items just to sell in a make believe market to get millions of make believe credits.

Personally, the Lifeday stuff is all ugly garbage (like 90% of all the armor in this game) and nothing I would ever use. But, I don't begrudge people who like it and want to get it, again this year. It doesn't effect my life either way.

the phrase is couldn't care less.

And cool, thanks for sharing your opinion. if you think someone who tries to make their character look unique in a game is an elitist, then im sorry but thats just pure communism. Personally i cant stand your kind of attitude "hurr durr you want to look cool and have rare items and look unique?! OMG ELITIST OMG!"

You're obviously butthurt about something.

Agreed. A subscription should entitle (yes, entitle) you to have access to all game content. I have been a subscriber for a very long time (and I already had the Life Day gear), but I think a new subscriber who signs up today should be able to get all the Achievements and a full Collection.

Otherwise we are asking players to sign up for the same sub as the rest of us, but with an ever increasing amount of inaccessible content. That doesn't seem fair to me.

So you think that new subscribers are entitled to receive the rewards from the first event and they should also be given the Founder title even though they weren't there to get the founder title?

It's seems a lot of people on this thread have never played an MMO before.

Hey Rileysoph,

-eric

im sorry eric in the same sentence you said were removing them so it wont happen again and in the next breath you say that may be wrong and it might come back are you clutching at straws now? common mate you guys are hardly here anymore are you on a 3day work week now? we need more input from you guys you said ages ago you would talk to the community more did it once then stopped revived it a few months later did one round of chats then stopped my subs up in a few days and im finding less and lees reasons to give you guys another cent ive been loyal ive been patient now you guys just recycle old stuff going for cash because you know the games going to die when wow,TESO and wildstar come out are you just milking it? these are serious question id like answered before I spend another cent on this game

Oh, I don't know, it COULD be that the players who missed it the first time 'round would like to have another go at it before it's retired? It's not lazy, there's a demand for these things. Just like bringing back Shipment One for a limited time isn't lazy. Nor is it an indication the game is 'dying'. There's a whole new Life Day vendor in store for us with all sorts of new stuff, AND a new cartel pack shipment scheduled for, I must assume, tomorrow!

I'm just curious, which development efforts have been stymied by the cartel market? Because as i understand it, the cartel development team is completely separate from the actual content development team.

you right they are completely different the problem is they pulled them off development made a new name for their team and whamo less people working on the game

When you can buy them on GTN seeing someone with them is no guarantee that, that person was there since last life day.

Last week, I was tossing some life day orbs around just for fun, since I had them in my inventory from last year. I didn't even know Life Day was coming up again until I read this forum topic.